IGNORED

Arndt TV Project

Stanley

The Arndts are attempting to put together a fictional TV series in which they do most of the acting. Here's some sample scenes:

http://www youtube.com/watch?v=To3jJqGAju0

Right now I don't have the time to watch it, but do you guys think this is an attempt to finally marry off some of their sons??

The camera work is actually better than I expected, which is to say it's better than an amateur home video. It's not the best, but not the worst. However, the acting was really really bad, the background music was corny, and the whole thing was a snoozefest. I had to skip over large parts because nothing happened. Do I really need to see 3 minutes of a dude walking through the woods?

Sorry, I guess I should have warned about the boring parts. I was kind of wanting to see what people would say about that, and was thinking since I've seen them talked about on FJ, people might be interested despite the dull parts.

It just amazes me that they think they can act well enough to be in a national TV series. They may know how to do a decent job of filming, but the writing and acting leave a whole lot to be desired.

I thought the film work was fine, and the scenery was lovely. The acting was lame, especially Papa Arndt and the old guy on the couch. Why oh why does Mama Arndt insist on that frosted pink lipstick and that ugly braid. She's not unattractive, but those two things just date and age her. Can't see how this would attract an audience, but whatever...

Sorry, I guess I should have warned about the boring parts. I was kind of wanting to see what people would say about that, and was thinking since I've seen them talked about on FJ, people might be interested despite the dull parts.

It just amazes me that they think they can act well enough to be in a national TV series. They may know how to do a decent job of filming, but the writing and acting leave a whole lot to be desired.

You don't have to apologize. I expected it to be horrible and I wasn't disappointed. Any regular readers here would know better than to expect something good from the Arndts. On the plus side, there's plenty to snark about.

Guest LilaFowler

When I was Arndt in the title, I was hoping this thread was announcing one of the boys courting or getting married.

Oh, yes. Very amusing. You see, the barn door opened inward instead of outward. How very droll.

Eh, I'm not personally a fan of 'shocker' films with moments that make you jump. I shrieked and fell out of my chair when the music changed from the same two bars repeated incessantly at nine minutes, and my heart had barely calmed by the moment at around 11 minutes when some actual hint of plot occurred out of nowhere.

Eh, I'm not personally a fan of 'shocker' films with moments that make you jump. I shrieked and fell out of my chair when the music changed from the same two bars repeated incessantly at nine minutes, and my heart had barely calmed by the moment at around 11 minutes when some actual hint of plot occurred out of nowhere.

LOLOLOL!! I think it's official. The Arndts' are THE most boring family on the planet. There really is no contest. And just the fact that there are SO many of them and each one is more boring then the next. BRU-TAL!

And the speech impediment Arndt is really uncomfortable to watch. Most of the Arndt kids have that weird sing-song way of speaking (not unusual for families that isolated to develop their own way of speaking) but I can't figure out what's going on with that kid. Is it a lisp? Sad, because had he gone to a public or private school with other kids... and real teachers, I'm sure that would have been addressed and perhaps rectified. But the Arndts' live in their own world (literally) so I'm guessing they don't even notice his impediment anymore.

ok, I got bored around minute 2. Does anything actually happen?

It snowed some more. The bad music continued. Oh it was revealed that Mrs. Arndt applied too much bad make up for her close up scene.

Why? Seriously, what are they trying to do here?

(This is a rival to the Moody books for the most boring fundy work ever).

It snowed some more. The bad music continued. Oh it was revealed that Mrs. Arndt applied too much bad make up for her close up scene.

And Daddy Arndt kept falling down a lot but I don't know why. Maybe he has a drinking problem? I don't know as I couldn't watch very long.

And Daddy Arndt kept falling down a lot but I don't know why. Maybe he has a drinking problem? I don't know as I couldn't watch very long.

These people never heard the phrases of plot and character development. I'd be willing to help them on continuity, it pretty much sucked. And why did the guy in the creek have a pillow stuffed in his shirt? I don't think I'll tune in to the next episode to find out how it turns out. I've got paint drying that needs watching.

edited because I'm stoned and not stoopid

So--wait. Was there supposed to some sort of coherent storyline there? Why was Papa Arndt stumbling around for so long at the beginning? Why did he even go into the barn? What happened to the ride the young man offered him? Does anyone else own a car, or do they have to walk everywhere (when I saw the bike I thought, "Oh, hey, something's going to happen!").

Decent camera work. Lousy editing. Wooden acting. And Mama Arndt needs to tone down the eyeliner and wear lipstick that's an actual color, if she's going to insist on wearing makeup at all.

Who do they expect will want to watch this?

That was so boring, I almost died. Thankfully, my toddler somehow made a noise that registered on my corgis' "HOWL" radar and the two of them started howling like wolves. MUCh more entertaining than these clips.

Why? Seriously, what are they trying to do here?

(This is a rival to the Moody books for the most boring fundy work ever).

Oooh, can we pair of an Arndt boy with Sarah? Do they have any of her age?

Archived