IGNORED

[Repost] I just dropped a dime - Emma Adoption

oscar

AthenaC (06/10/11 07:17:34)

on that bitch from hell.

The sun is shining a little brighter today.

kpmom (06/10/11 07:20:58)

Which Bitch from Hell? We discuss so many. Emma?

Sola (06/10/11 07:23:02)

And her blog has gone. *Poof* like that. Into thin air. Vanished before our very eyes.

AthenaC (06/10/11 07:23:59)

Maybe.

apple1 (06/10/11 07:25:35)

Wow. It was just there about (with some posts removed) about 30 minutes ago.

AthenaC (06/10/11 07:27:58)

Shit.

Well, the woman I talked to saw what she needed to see, and she said she was going to try to look into what happened to the Haitian kids.

Maybe I should call that TV station too.

Austin (06/10/11 07:28:15)

I can still see it in my google reader.

apple1 (06/10/11 07:30:42)

It also appears to have had "cache-ing" blocked. Either that or I am missing something.

robertposteschild (06/10/11 07:38:04)

I really think the adoption agency needs to be investigated. The whole "under the radar" handing off of kids that Persuaded mentioned needs to be brought to light. Sunshine is the best disinfectant.

apple1 (06/10/11 07:39:54)

I suspect there was no actual "agency". From content in another link that someone posted, I suspect that a particular "church" group has facilitated all of it. Very scary.

ChickeyMonkey (06/10/11 07:47:08)

I'm so...confused. Can someone please PM me the link (which I'll open from a new browser window, of course) in case you don't want a track back to FJ? Or some info and I can do my own googlefu to find this blog/person?

Thanks kindly!

apple1 (06/10/11 07:53:18)

ChunkyBarbie (06/10/11 08:36:05)

Clinton was separated from the military... What does that mean? I have never heard of a serviceman being separated from the military. Not a snark, just curious.

Plus, the paragraph where Emma goes on about Haiti treats their children worse than animals, OMG! What a hypocritical asshat! EDited to fix typo

AthenaC (06/10/11 08:37:52)

As a total aside, I think it says something about these people that when I was giving the CPS worker the lowdown on Emma's blog, I realized with growing dismay that I sounded like a crazy person.

These people are WAAAAAAY the fuck out there.

Koala (06/10/11 08:38:56)

""My Haitian kids are no different in my eyes than my biological children. My love is just as intense and just as real."

Until she gave them away like puppies, and blogged about what evil children they were and how they almost ruined her life....Oh, and posted pictures of them insinuating that they were devils. Yeah, just like her biological children....intense love...

Koala (06/10/11 08:41:43)

That's the crazy thing about it. If I hadn't read it myself, I'm not sure I would believe it either. I think it's very hard for a "normal" person to fathom an adult feeling so much hatred for a child.

ChunkyBarbie (06/10/11 08:46:55)

I wonder if the media ever found out the real fate of these two children? I can't imagine these two asshats still doing interviews about their love and generosity and no one asks, "where are the kids?"

AthenaC (06/10/11 08:48:35)

She did say in an arch tone, "Oh, they're HOMESCHOOLED." :P

formerGothardite (06/10/11 08:49:55)

Yes! I bet the places that wrote glowing articles about her when the adoption was going on would love to discover how it all really ended up.

Koala (06/10/11 08:53:37)

Yep...but they don't focus on academics. Emma is too busy teaching them to serve her.

browngrl (06/10/11 09:03:08)

I got this quote from wikipedia so not a 100% sure it is correct.

as an aside: these fundie folk sure do flounce fast

ChunkyBarbie (06/10/11 09:11:14)

Thank you browngrl.

desertvixen (06/10/11 09:18:28)

Re: separation

Separation can be for a variety of reasons. Basically, it means that you served in the military, but didn't serve long enough to retire with 20 years and weren't medically retired.

It could be that he served the time he contracted for and then got out (although if he got out in 2000, I really don't see how he had time for all his SuperCool qualifications), or he could have been separated for a variety of problems - unsatisfactory performance, PT test failure, mental or medical issues, misconduct, etc. However, if he's been out for 10 years, then I don't want to hear about what a manly man he is because of his military service.

I would assume (hope!) that he got an honorable discharge, since he's working at a prison. I also wish it said how old he was, because it might make figuring out what he could have been separated for a little easier.

under the moon (06/10/11 09:27:35)

This finally brought me out of lurkdom, I had to thank you, AthenaC, thank you so much for doing this! I hope the authorities look into this family very carefully and can make sure the kids are all safe.

ChunkyBarbie (06/10/11 09:31:04)

Thanks desertvixen.

Thank you too Athena for calling CPS!

eaglemom (06/10/11 09:40:58)

Thank you Athena, you are quite the "tattle tail"

Now, if anyone needs screenshots, I took about 50 last night. Almost all the posts from the RAD blog, and the ones from her personal blog having to do with the kids.

hoipolloi (06/10/11 09:46:55)

Thank you, Athena.

I second those who recommend contacting the various news outlets to do follow-ups on all the glowing stories that covered the adoption of those two poor children.

It seems there's plenty to look into: the current status of the children; how this family was vetted & approved for adoption; the organization(s) that did the pre-adoption investigation(s), if any.

livywilltimmom (06/10/11 09:47:37)

Leaving lurkdom to say "Hooray" for Athena!!

mamavee (06/10/11 09:49:47)

Stuff like this is what keeps be coming back to FJ.

As someone who was born & raised in fundie-dom, I often feel like the crazy one when I'm surrounded by kid-hitting, homeschooling patriarchal extremists. Just knowing there are sane, kind, compassionate folks who think this shit is wrong too, and actually do something about it -- well, it makes my life better.

aeryn406

Thank you for caring enough to call the authorities, Athena, and another round of thanks to Eaglemom for getting those screen-caps!

Last Edited By: aeryn406 06/10/11 09:53:25. Edited 1 times.

pippa2 (06/10/11 10:00:40)

Thank you AthenaC!

clibbyjo (06/10/11 10:02:05)

This

anniebgood.gumborefugees (06/10/11 10:22:18)

I commend you AthenaC for having the intestinal fortitude to do this. Perhaps a call to the local media which fawned over them might be the way to go....

(Note to stockers===== Jesus cared more about the little children than Ms Emma ever did.....and did you ever hear about the 1st Amendment? The one that guarantees free speech anywhere....it's before the one about guns, ya know?)

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 10:26:08)

Koala you need to get out of my head! You always beat me to the post of EXACTLY what I was thinking! Tongue

I would have thought their was massive exaggeration had I not read it myself. Did anyone else notice that she called her youngest skueaker? Seriously can the woman spell AT ALL or at least have spell check before she unloads her vileness online?

Austin (06/10/11 10:27:32)

clibbyjo wrote:

Everybody who took screen shots - please hold onto them!

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 10:29:15)

Athena--You are my hero. No sarcasm at all.

TonAmieAimee (06/10/11 10:35:58)

Couldn't have said it better, so I won't try.

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 10:44:29)

This!

brashchick (06/10/11 10:44:53)

Thank you AthenaC

treemom (06/10/11 10:46:16)

I think this was a picture perfect case of calling CPS based on something on the internet.

Some of the things she said/did about those kids reminded me of my parents. At least my parents have the excuse of being mentally ill and me being biological (and born before they went crazy). It wasn't like they went looking for kids to terrorize.

medievalist1980 (06/10/11 10:50:18)

agreed - also popping out of lurkdom to say "thanks!"

demgirl (06/10/11 10:50:56)

AthenaC, you rock, as does everyone who took screen shots. I was too upset yesterday to think to do so.

thoughtful (06/10/11 10:51:29)

+1

love (06/10/11 10:55:47)

Thanks AthenaC for contacting CPS.

Oregon is known for tolerance of religious freedoms. Hopefully that doesn't hinder anything.

Kelya (06/10/11 11:03:38)

According to The Oregonian the other day, faith healing is no longer an okay excuse for neglect and murder, so maybe some of that vibe will rub off on the CPS workers on this case!

demgirl (06/10/11 11:07:16)

Just thought of something. Maybe eaglemom should send her screenshots to AthenaC. Then AthenaC could print them out and send them to CPS. Might help to show them a written record?

Alecto (06/10/11 11:14:08)

While I have no idea what her husband's particular case is, my ex-husband was booted from the armed services for alcohol addiction, given a "general" discharge and had no issues getting a job at a prison, since a good deal of them are privately staffed.

GolightlyGrrl (06/10/11 11:14:12)

This is a great idea.

NothingLeftToLose (06/10/11 11:22:38)

I missed this and went back and read it - I am so angry I am shaking.

I do have a child that was adopted at age 6 - it has been a hard time giving that sweet child enough patience to process his grief. EVERY adopted child has attachment issues. To think that this woman expected these children who have suffered so much to come into her home and be "grateful" that they have LOST EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE THEY HAVE EVER KNOWN?????

I am so glad CPS is involved.

I have walked through fire to help my son heal - and it will be a process that continues for the rest of his life. To alot of adoptive parents "RAD" just means the parents were unprepared.

oscar (06/10/11 11:44:42)

AthenaC, I pm'd you.

Triplet3 (06/10/11 12:03:32)

Just wanted to add my thanks to AthenaC. I hope we get to find out what happens as a result.

love (06/10/11 12:06:36)

I hope so, because that church has been getting away with murder, literally, for decades.

snarkykitty (06/10/11 12:10:51)

I don;t' know if anyone posted this, but I find this interesting:

Clutter, indeed. Like kids you don't want to care for anymore.

Alecto (06/10/11 12:15:27)

For the sake that it needs to be said:

Actions of individual Free Jinger members do not officially reflect the feelings of the forum as a whole, and are the sole responsibility of the individual member. The administrative team officially does not endorse nor condemn such individual actions so long as they are lawful.

However, on a personal note, I sincerely hope that the CPS department in her area is not a CPS department that is so overrun that they are unable to look into every report that comes across their desks.

AthenaC (06/10/11 12:27:17)

I take full responsibility for this.

artmama (06/10/11 12:28:59)

This just made my day, reading this. AthenaC, thank you, thank you thank you.

Lillybee (06/10/11 12:42:19)

Pelican Bay, the prison that the husband works in is part of the California State Penal System. It is not a private prison. It is where Calif. tends to send the worse of the worse. It is located in an isolated but beautiful area. Prison guards in Cal. earn a excellent salaries.

The CPS in that part of Oregon where they live covers a huge geographical but sparsely populated area.

Thank you for calling CPS in.

quinoa (06/10/11 12:51:08)

Thank you for doing this for her children, Athena! I hope the biological children some help as well as the cast-off adopted son and the disappeared adopted daughter.

celestial (06/10/11 12:57:33)

I also just wanted to pop in and say thanks for doing this, AthenaC.

Oddeverything.shocklinesforum (06/10/11 13:14:28)

Well done, AthenaC!

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 13:29:03)

Nail on the head!

emmyfair (06/10/11 13:33:11)

AthenaC - you rock. You may have changed childrens lives for the better. Certaintly, you've shamed an abuser who more than deserved it.

I will be doing some energy work regarding this situation this evening. Comfort for those poor children, positivity for AthenaC, and for the abuser - that she feel how she should given the horror she's unleashed on innocents.

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 13:43:12)

Here is my big question right now: Where does dad stand on all this crap? Does he support her craziness or is he gone so much that he is unaware of how deep the crazy goes? He cannot be completely ignorant of everything that is occuring despite being absent from home.

AthenaC (06/10/11 13:50:45)

Thank you.

GolightlyGrrl (06/10/11 13:54:34)

In the clip the news media showed while Lady Bountiful was meeting her new pet projects, I mean kids, at the airport, the hubby came across as rather dim and inarticulate. I bet he's easy for a psychopath to manipulate.

oscar (06/10/11 14:00:31)

On the ATIfamily blog, they talk about how much her husband is benefiting from the Wisdom Booklets intended for elementary-schoolers. So yeah, probably not the most brilliant crayon in the box.

Lainey.digestioninform... (06/10/11 14:25:38)

I don't "need" them, but I tried to see the pictures where she makes the kid look like a devil, because her blog went private. Could I possibly see that from you somehow, if you have it? PM if you'd prefer. Thanks.

booksnbeats (06/10/11 14:32:16)

Lainey wrote:

There should be a copy in the original thread, assuming it wasn't hotlinked.

Lainey.digestioninform... (06/10/11 14:35:10)

I don't think anybody posted the picture, did they? I'll be honest, I only made it to page 20 of that thread so far.

booksnbeats (06/10/11 14:38:16)

Here you go [DEAD LINK]

defrauding (06/10/11 14:39:38)

I inverted the colors to get the original image.

84JwY.jpg

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 14:43:19)

Athena--Did you mention the dead fetus thing to CPS because to me that is just about enough for a serious look into the family dynamics.

booksnbeats (06/10/11 14:45:02)

She is the one who terrifies me, knowing what she has done. That she is an adult who treats children worse than you would treat a grown enemy. Those kids were her children. Incredibly young, vulnerable children. And in that photo, J looks like he has something on his forehead or just a common "stork feet" birthmark.

I find it hard to believe that there are as many RAD kids as there seem to be on these uber-conservative parental abuse blogs. Emma claims that no mothers in Haiti hold their children, but that sounds suspiciously like RACISM to me. I don't doubt that adoption is difficult. However, there are so many adoptive parents who respond to behavioral problems with love and support and actually give their kids a chance to heal and grow. No excuse for failing, not owning up to it, and dragging those poor children through the pile of crap that is your sparkle-spackled blog.

I also can't imagine how long this woman has blogged about this. Do people encourage her? Do other adoptive moms really read her blog, smile and nod?

Oddeverything.shocklinesforum (06/10/11 14:49:08)

Oh, the little guy was just sticking out his tongue. And look at her crazy, mean-eyed smile...

In the name of all that is sane, I always told myself that my infertility was god/nature/whatever telling me I didn't need to be a mother. For the most part I agree but at this moment I just want to find that forsaken little boy and bring him here where he can have his own room if he wants it, access to psychological care and the stability that comes from knowing that even if his mama is a little nuts, at least she won't get rid of him, his siblings or his possessions, he'll get to make friends at school and have a decent education, no one will ever hit him and bad things won't be done to him in the name of Jesus.

Brb, off to cry.

ladypuglover (06/10/11 15:08:57)

emmyfair wrote:

Maybe, but only time will tell if this worked or not. When someone tried to help us as kids...... it just made it worse. I pray that 30 years later that SS takes things more seriously.

Lainey.digestioninform... (06/10/11 15:30:25)

ETA: It's people like her who made me terrified to admit to the abuse I was experiencing at home (I had teachers ask me if I was afraid of my mother, but nobody did anything). I was afraid I'd wind up in a worse situation.

Last Edited By: Lainey 06/10/11 15:32:26. Edited 1 times.

AthenaC (06/10/11 15:32:11)

The woman from CPS saw the dead fetus post.

valsa (06/10/11 15:40:17)

Did she ever post about what happened to the little girl?

I know she posted that the little boy had a new adoptive mother but I didn't see if that woman also took in the girl or what happened to Lovelie. That worries me a lot.

Also, this bitch really does have dead eyes in the original "devil" picture (she looks more like a devil to me) Her smile doesn't reach her eyes and it's very forced. She's probably pissed that J would dare mess up her perfect, godly picture by acting like a little kid and sticking his tongue out in it. She probably sees it as disrespect worthy of laboring or push-ups.

robertposteschild (06/10/11 15:43:29)

((hugs))

Stories like this just break my heart. I just keep repeating, how did this happen? Can we report the organization that facilitated this misbegotten adoption to the State Department, the Haitian Embassy, UNICEF, something???

MuseMama (06/10/11 16:07:32)

In my experience infertility never says anything about the person it affects. Infertility is an unfair bitch who attacks most often, those who should most have children. It's not fucking fair. And to think of what you could give a child compared to what she has offered hers, makes me want to cry right along with you. (((hug)))

Oddeverything.shocklinesforum (06/10/11 16:19:02)

Oh, I know and I don't mean this to apply to anyone but me. If there were any real moral or sentient rhyme or reason to fertility, god/God/nature or whatever would distribute it with better focus. I think those are the gentle lies I tell myself, that I would have been a crappy mother (however true or untrue it might such a statement may be) to keep from being angry at how cruel and non-specific fate can be. Especially when I read about situations like this. Hugs returned.

SEF (06/10/11 17:21:17)

Another lurker saying thank you for being a "tattle tail".

clarinetpower (06/10/11 17:36:45)

Thanks for really caring for those kids, you gossipy, mean ladies. And thanks for having the courage to make the call. I am thankful those kids are at least out of her clutches, but I hope they are in safe, capable hands this time. Those poor children.

And I've been finding the cached versions. Here's a link to the RadChallenge cache:

http://bit.ly/j52bFI

Here's a link to the StrongQuiver cache:

http://bit.ly/ln11kU

Austin (06/10/11 17:47:55)

clarinetpower, those are gold.

Koala (06/10/11 18:04:17)

It IS interesting. You can absolutely see the crazy in her eyes in this picture. I guess her "angel" side takes in orphans, and her "other side" gives them away when she's done with them.

The little boy is adorable though <3

oscar (06/10/11 18:08:11)

I know I'm not the only one wondering WHAT THE FUCK IS UP with the adoption coordinator who placed these children with Emma's family, despite the red flags she's throwing hither and yon. I started a new thread for that, even though I am trying to avoid posting any information likely to get that thread axed, I don't want to take chances with this one.

[DEAD LINK]

Koala (06/10/11 18:08:23)

Was she as horrified as we were?

emmyfair (06/10/11 18:16:01)

I was physically ill. I hope she felt the same way.

Kathryn31 (06/10/11 18:21:43)

Thank goodness! I know there are many trains wrecks on that site but that is one situation that just really stuck out. After each post I try to think of an adjective to describe this woman but my husband keeps reminding me "You can't make sense of crazy!".

Freyacat (06/10/11 18:48:09)

Let me join the chorus of people saying THANK YOU to AthenaC for calling CPS and to everyone who screencapped things from the blog. I was away yesterday and today, and just finished reading through all of the threads on this family. This woman is nucking futs, and the kids deserve much better.

Squirrely (06/10/11 19:06:09)

This image of her dead eyes will haunt my dreams tonight. What kind of fucked up individual inverts a picture and calls a poor little boy the devil? Most people would make a picture like this their FB profile pic and get tons of compliments on how adorable it is (though the moms I know would be goofing for the shot too, or at least look happy to be in the presence of such cuteness)!

Archived