IGNORED

Woman Prays Away Tornado

doggie

Ok so god spares her and sends the tornado after someone else. how great is the power of god? what about all the others that prayed and died? I guess they did not love god the same.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2 ... ys-it-away

With 36 confirmed dead and many more still missing, the swarm of tornadoes that hit the midwest and south in the last two days has also resulted in billions of dollars in damage.

But one woman escaped with her life and her home intact as one of the biggest tornado clouds ever seen bore down on her and a friend while they huddled for safety.

In stunning video seen on CNN, the woman is heard praying the tornado away.

"Take it away from us, Jesus," she says. "Take it away from our house."

She and has friend who was filming the storm near West Liberty, Kentucky survived, reported CNN.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well *NOW* we know why Kelly Crawford's house was destroyed! She didn't want God to spare her (maybe so she could get all those new things?).

Because her prayers are more special than anyone else who prayed to be spared. I guess since the Maxwells are in a mundane, monotonous point in life god could take a break from answering their prayers and randomly spare a few from tornadoes. Not all, mind you, just a select few.

Jesus helps my friend's daughter learn long division. She doesn't know why He does that for her when Christian children all over the world are suffering. (I asked.) He just likes her, she supposes. It might be because she's such an awesome Christian, but, you know, God works in mysterious ways, so who knows?

I guess we don't get the footage of the dead lady down the street praying tonadoes away because the fucking tornado sent her and her camera 3 miles down the road to a smashed heap!!

gawd I hate prayers.

It makes me sick when in the wake of such tragedy, people start bragging about how special they were to be sparred. You idiot, there are dead people around you. Shut the eff up. No one wants to hear how you are God's special little lamb.

It makes me sick when in the wake of such tragedy, people start bragging about how special they were to be sparred. You idiot, there are dead people around you. Shut the eff up. No one wants to hear how you are God's special little lamb.

This.

Ugh. Guess that makes me a super speshful snowflake since we had a tornado warning here yesterday and it missed my area completely. God answered my prayers...except I forget to pray during the warning. God loves my state so much he spared us all any deaths.

Seriously though, what an effing idiot. Tornadoes are indiscriminate and follow a path. Not in its path-you are spared. In its path-trouble. God did not spare her any more than he spared my town. People claiming special status makes me sick. I am happy a tornado did not end up hitting here and the areas it did were spared any deaths in my state. Some property damage, but no lives lost. People did die in other states though. Be glad you and your family are okay and your friends, but don't be so cold as to suggest God cares about you more. Wanna say a prayer? She ought to say it for those who've lost someone, who are fighting injuries in the hospital and who are without a home tonight. I would suggest they need it more.

I cannot BELIEVE that woman was actually so proud of herself she sent that into the media. I experienced an earthquake once, and I definitely started praying :pray: , but I don't think I was unhurt because God somehow thought my prayer was so much more awesome than the 2 million other people who were saying "Oh God!" at the same time I was. I did however, get on my knees later and thanked God for building codes. :bow-blue:

Well lookie tharr, I just praid away a hurr'cane from Alaska! Mah praying' werked and I knows it cuz' ain't not hurr'cane hitting' Alaska, write?

Most tornadoes are not all that big, either. The odds of any particular spot being hit by one are pretty remote. This doesn't make me feel any better for the people who've been hit by them this week. I've lived in tornado-prone areas before and they scare the you-know-what outta me. And I'd be praying like crazy if one were heading for me, but I sure wouldn't take any credit if the thing missed.

Wasn't it Pat Robertson who said the hurricanes in '04 and '05 were punishment for the gays and voo doo and America's other sins?

The problem is that she didn't pray away a tornado but a funnel cloud.

What is the definition of a tornado?

Pronounciation: tor-nay-doe

Plural: tornados or tornadoes (both are acceptable)

•

A localized, violently destructive windstorm occurring over land, especially in the Midwestern U.S., and characterized by a long, funnel-shaped cloud extending toward the ground and made visible by condensation and debris. Webster's New Universal Unabridged Dictionary, 1994

•

A violently rotating column of air extending from a thunderstorm to the ground. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, NOAA

What is the definition of a funnel cloud?

•

A rotating column of air produced by a thunderstorm whose circulation has not yet reached the ground. It is usually filled with cloud droplets and is cone shaped. When it reaches the ground, it is considered a tornado. American Meteorological Society & World Meteorological Organization

FUNNEL CLOUDS CAN BE DANGEROUS! Even if a funnel cloud does not reach the ground, it can still cause significant damage. Even if it appears to be above the ground. Don't go near it.

Source http://www.spiralwishingwells.com/guide/tornados.html

Wasn't it Pat Robertson who said the hurricanes in '04 and '05 were punishment for the gays and voo doo and America's other sins?

He warned that a hurricane would hit Orlando because of teh gheys, but Orlando was sittin' pretty while a hurricane took a chunk out of Virginia Beach.

It's why everyone in Virginia Beach and around it runs for the hills every time Pattyboy tries to dabble in meteorology.

Funnel clouds are fucking terrifying to see, and this ardent atheist would totally attempt to pray it away (since shit, there isn't really anything else you can do). But I wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone I'm a special snowflake for Jesus if the funnel cloud did miss my house. I'd think I was really fucking lucky and that the funnel cloud just hadn't touched the ground yet over wherever I was.

I hate people who treat disasters like one more ingredient in the special snowflakiness that makes the sun shine out of their ass.

Funnel clouds are fucking terrifying to see, and this ardent atheist would totally attempt to pray it away (since shit, there isn't really anything else you can do). But I wouldn't feel the need to tell everyone I'm a special snowflake for Jesus if the funnel cloud did miss my house. I'd think I was really fucking lucky and that the funnel cloud just hadn't touched the ground yet over wherever I was.

I hate people who treat disasters like one more ingredient in the special snowflakiness that makes the sun shine out of their ass.

I grew up seeing tornados and sadly still see them a lot. Funnel clouds and tornados scare the crap out of me and even more when I was outside at the county fair grounds with my little family of my husband, 3 sons and #4 due in four more months. They wouldn't let us into the tornado shelter and had everyone move across the street to the school. It took them the longest 30 minutes of my life to let us into the school's shelter. Thousands of people would have died if that funnel cloud touched down. When it did touch down 2 hours and 60 miles away it was an F4. I am thankful for that not being a tornado and I do believe everyone was praying and pooping our pants with our hair standing on end due to it being right above us.

I've watched a lot of this disaster coverage, and many survivors have talked about praying while their house blew up around them. I dare this dingbat to brag about her Godly weather prowess face to face with one of these people. She can tell them why her prayers got answered instead of theirs.

I grew up seeing tornados and sadly still see them a lot. Funnel clouds and tornados scare the crap out of me and even more when I was outside at the county fair grounds with my little family of my husband, 3 sons and #4 due in four more months. They wouldn't let us into the tornado shelter and had everyone move across the street to the school. It took them the longest 30 minutes of my life to let us into the school's shelter. Thousands of people would have died if that funnel cloud touched down. When it did touch down 2 hours and 60 miles away it was an F4. I am thankful for that not being a tornado and I do believe everyone was praying and pooping our pants with our hair standing on end due to it being right above us.

Tornadoes aren't very common where I live, but the first funnel cloud I ever saw was in NC, just a few weeks after moving in. Then came that huge tornado in Suffolk, VA, about an hour from where I live- didn't see a funnel cloud or anything, but the sky was GREEN and it was so scary. Last year a whole bunch of tornadoes came through central/eastern NC, I knew someone who got hurt. That night one tornado killed 11 people in Bertie County, which isn't all that far from where I live. My college town miraculously made it through that night with a few sprinkles, neighboring counties though had tornado warnings every few minutes. I was practically in tears the whole time.

Yikes.

Re: Woman Prays Away Tornado I've watched a lot of this disaster coverage, and many survivors have talked about praying while their house blew up around them. I dare this dingbat to brag about her Godly weather prowess face to face with one of these people. She can tell them why her prayers got answered instead of theirs.

Who says their prayers werent answered? They survived, theyre homes were torn to pieces around them and they lived to tell about it. Everyone has to die at some point, why is it Gods fault when it's a natural disaster? Humans activities have been shown to contribute to increasingly violent weather so why is it that our destruction is to blame because God didnt stop it?/

I cannot BELIEVE that woman was actually so proud of herself she sent that into the media. I experienced an earthquake once, and I definitely started praying :pray: , but I don't think I was unhurt because God somehow thought my prayer was so much more awesome than the 2 million other people who were saying "Oh God!" at the same time I was. I did however, get on my knees later and thanked God for building codes. :bow-blue:

I totally agree with this. I cannot believe she went to the media. How completely oblivious and insensitive can she be? Instead of praying for those who lost their homes and lives and quietly thanking God for what she believes he did, she goes to the media to brag about how she's so special that God rescued her. It seems like the more fundy you become, the more self-obsessed and oblivious to the thoughts and feelings of others you become.

Who says their prayers werent answered? They survived, theyre homes were torn to pieces around them and they lived to tell about it. Everyone has to die at some point, why is it Gods fault when it's a natural disaster? Humans activities have been shown to contribute to increasingly violent weather so why is it that our destruction is to blame because God didnt stop it?/

I know you don't really care, but the point is the double standard. If you're going to give god credit for saving you from some horrible event, you can't spare him from the blame for destroying other people's lives in the exact same event. Or you could just (logically) consider both cases to result from the unpredictability of life when your home is in a tornado zone.

And human activity does not contribute to funnel clouds.

Archived