IGNORED

Mueller/Waller Wedding!

xReems

Is that common to have the bride and groom greet each guest row by row? The weddings I've been at, and my own, the bride and groom sttod in the back of church or outside weather permitting and the guests walked by them, shaking hands, hugging, or kissing them.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish fundies got married everyday! Best thing to do while breastfeeding and stuck to the couch ever!

Is that common to have the bride and groom greet each guest row by row? The weddings I've been at, and my own, the bride and groom sttod in the back of church or outside weather permitting and the guests walked by them, shaking hands, hugging, or kissing them.

I've only ever been to mainline Protestant and Catholic weddings and no one has ever done that. It looks annoying.

Wait did they send missionaries to Canada? I didn't think Canada needed missionaries.

So by sitting in the back you are tortured to wait until the end to be greeted to leave? 1.5 hours later and they are still hugging people with several rows to go.

Haha! See how they row got up super quick making the row with old people across from them wait to get out.

Alright, I'm picking April 20th as the date of a "special announcement". Ant takers?

Good lord, they are still greeting people...

And just to really be a bitch, I think the bride could have done something with her hair other than stck a veil on her head.

It looked like they had a long hug/snuggle instead of a kiss.

Either that or they didn't want to defraud their guests since a kiss could stir up random arousals :roll:

Alright, I'm picking April 20th as the date of a "special announcement". Ant takers?

That's my daughter's birthday. ;) And opening day for the new Disney movie about chimpanzees.

They now have the video posted on their web site, joyfullservice.com. You almost wonder if they agreed beforehand to save their first kiss for in private. That certainly didn't look like a kiss.

David and Priscilla? Yech!! If y'all hadn't figured out we've been having sex for about 1 month now, we want to prove it to you here!!

Did anyone else notice the lady near the back of the church with the white kerchief on her head who wouldn't shut the hell up while the happy couple was just standing there waiting to greet the rest of their guests?

How old are the bride and groom? In their registry page they said something about "thirty years". Awfully old for a Gothard couple... But they look more mature. It would probably be an easier life starting out older, less kids and perhaps you have a better idea of what you want in a partner.

So I was one of the people who watched this blessed event live and as soon as they "kissed," I turned it off, as I reached my limit and had all the fundie I could handle for the day. I can't believe I missed that monstrosity of attention seeking behavior with Priscilla and David!!! I'm so mad I turned it off- that was the best/worst part of the wedding! Best in that it was one of the worst things I have ever seen!

I know Anna and Smuggar did that at their wedding, but what P&D did was a whole different stratosphere of tacky! Not only was it about 2-3 times longer, it was also way more squicky. It just seemed so childish, like they couldn't take the attention not being on them any longer. Yes, I know this is old news to those of you who were smart and didn't peace out as soon as it was over- I will not make that mistake ever again!

I remember when I read Quiverfull, where she is writing about Kelly Bradrick, that she wrote how there was SO much focus on her as the beautiful virginal bride and how she was the princess of the movement until she got married. And as soon as that happened, it was like her current self and her current life were forgotten because everyone just wanted to focus on her as she was- the blushing virgin bride and not the married sexing wife. People wanted Kelly Brown, not Kelly Bradrick. I guess I'm trying to say that I can kinda see why this might have been a little difficult for Priscilla (and maybe David) because she really didn't get all that much time to be the new bride and newlywed couple. It doesn't make that terrible wedding aisle make out session okay, but it does make me feel a whole lot embarrassed and a teensy tiny bit sad for her.

How old are the bride and groom? In their registry page they said something about "thirty years". Awfully old for a Gothard couple... But they look more mature. It would probably be an easier life starting out older, less kids and perhaps you have a better idea of what you want in a partner.

Yeah, they are in their early 30's. She had a failed courtship before this and when he became of courting age, his family moved to Mongolia as missionaries, and his twin brother died unexpectedly within a few months of their arrival. So it would seem that courting was put on the back burner for him for awhile. Usually when fundie men get married in their 30's, it's because they have a "sin in the camp" type event in their past which ruined their chances at any good prospects. But with them, it wasn't anything scandalous like that.

What bothered me throughout this whole wedding was the father's speech to Adam on the whole purity thing and some purity pillow. He made it sound like as if he was "fatherly married" to his own daughter because of her purity and felt proud to hand that over to Adam. Some of these fundies do put a huge emphasis on purity and it irks me that they must throw this out there for the guests to hear on their wedding day. I'm sorry, whether I was a virgin or not, I would be mortified to know that my purity is a reason to brag.

Compared to Priscilla/David, I think Valerie and Adam are a bit more conservative with one another. It looked like even with their engagement, they chose not to touch compared to David and Priscilla's hand sex. From their kiss, it looked like they turned away so guests couldn't see and then hugged afterwards. Even then, it seemed like their wedding was much simpler than David and Priscilla's lavish ATI royal fundie wedding. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I definitely saw differences between the two brothers' weddings.

Whoa that kiss between Priscilla and David was EXTREMELY obnoxious...I cannot even fathom doing something like that at SOMEONE ELSE's wedding...YES we know that you are married and no longer virgins....it was very inappropriate...you know what? These fundies STRESS modesty so much but yet do not show it much at all...I feel like they only consider modesty in regards to clothing but honey, modesty and purity goes wayy deeper than clothing....oh boy FUNDIES AND THEIR EGOS

Whoa that kiss between Priscilla and David was EXTREMELY obnoxious...I cannot even fathom doing something like that at SOMEONE ELSE's wedding...YES we know that you are married and no longer virgins....it was very inappropriate...you know what? These fundies STRESS modesty so much but yet do not show it much at all...I feel like they only consider modesty in regards to clothing but honey, modesty and purity goes wayy deeper than clothing....oh boy FUNDIES AND THEIR EGOS

Damn, I must have missed the kiss. It was at Valerie and Adam's wedding? At what part of the wedding?

NurseNell, look toward the end when the bridesmaid and groomsmen are walking down the aisle....it was not just a kiss like Josh and Anna did....it was a full on make out session with him dipping her to the floor...you can tell that it was planned...very inappropriate and rude...seeing their behavior makes me respect Mueller and Waller's modesty during their wedding ceremony

NurseNell, look toward the end when the bridesmaid and groomsmen are walking down the aisle....it was not just a kiss like Josh and Anna did....it was a full on make out session with him dipping her to the floor...you can tell that it was planned...very inappropriate and rude...seeing their behavior makes me respect Mueller and Waller's modesty during their wedding ceremony

Found it, thanks. Agree, not cool at all.

Oh wow, was that some attention whoring in action. I have been at plenty of heathen weddings with married couples serving as the bridal party and no one has ever been that immodest in order to draw so much attention towards them.

There is something so tacky about trying to steal the spotlight from the bride and groom on their wedding day. I sincerely hope that someone pulled them aside later and told them off.

So, I'm curious - is this Waller family related in any way to the Tommy Wallers of Nowhere, Tennessee, and Israel? The one who quit his FedEx managerial job to set the fam up with no utilities, etc., and then took the wife & 11 children to Israel to teach viniculture?

As to the couple dismissing the guests by rows: I've been to a wedding where that was done and I far prefer it to the usual thing of standing in the aisle, waiting for others to go through the receiving line.

Additional benefits are as follows:

1. You get to sit in a reasonably comfy pew rather than stand and stand and stand. If bad music is playing, well, I'd prefer to have to endure it whilst sitting rather than standing.

2. The groom and bride are as eager to get to the reception, etc., as you are and so they are pretty quick to cheerfully shake hands and hug and send you packing to the reception.

3. You don't have to shake the hands of the parents, grandparents, best woman/man and asorted other folks you don't really know, who themselves are tired and just wanting to get to the party and who couldn't care less that you're happy for them. Remember in "4 Weddings and a Funeral," the gal swears she isn't going to say, 'you must be very proud!' to the parents but of course she says it 'cause what else is there to say?

4. You get to the reception quicker where you can have a co'cola or tea and mingle or put your feet up until everybody else gets there and they open up the buffet lines.

I will say that the couple who dismissed the rows are pretty religious but still tons of fun, even been known to snark now and again and again and again. I think even with some really dour couple it wouldn't be too bad, since they'd want to move you-all out.

You have to wonder what is really going on here. Usually, when a non-fundie couple make such a production about the heat/chemistry between them, you wonder if there's not much really going on between then.

Since David is younger than Adam, was that a little bro's way of saying, "Been there, done that, FIRST!"?

What's interesting is that it was obviously planned, and she was obviously up for it. But when it was over, David was smiling broadly and looking everyone in the eye as he marched down the aisle whereas Priscilla, while still smiling, kept looking at the ground, and didn't make eye contact with anyone.

On a side note, how awkward it looks to have bridal and groom attendants walk down the aisle not arm in arm. I get the fundie no-touch rule, but seeing a groomsman walk down the aisle swinging his arms while a bridesmaid walks alongside him just looks odd.

It seemed to me that Valerie was scared of her first kiss with David - almost like she was thinking, oh shit, first we have to kiss and then we have to... GOD HELP ME!!

She probably wasn't all that eager for the wedding night to happen, she looked like a scared, little girl to me.

She could have just been shy. She's a 30 year old woman who has never hugged, held hands, kissed, etc with a man before and to kiss for the first time in front of all her family and friends could have been overwhelming for her. She was swaying back and forth a lot during the whole ceremony so she could have been anxious, perhaps.

Archived