IGNORED

Abortion:Slavery--Slavery:Evolution--Evoution:Abortion

twin2

I'm feeling really dense because I've been making the OK hand symbol for several minutes now and staring at it and, I see a 3 and a 0, sort of? Is there something evil about the number 30?

I can see how you would get 6-6-6 out of it. If you imagine your middle, ring and pinky finger are the tops of the 6's and they all share the circle part. Of course it only works if you use your left hand (otherwise it's backwards) which I'm sure adds a whole new layer of meaning if you are already batshit crazy.

Taryn's post on Zsu's blog about feeding Anna and talking 'baby talk'

My granddaughter(17 months) and I enjoyed watching these. I like the Bible name,Anna. We have a granddaughter named Hannah and our 5th granddaughter was born last week-Morgan Hope(Her older sister's name is Reagan Faith-2 years old). This gender thing reminds me again why we should use the word-children. I took out books from the library about marketing to children, years ago. The marketing industry likes the word -kids. I wonder what our Lord thinks of that word(Matthew 25:33 KJprofe). We also say the word "okay" too much and there's a history behind that-form the sign with your hand-what 3 numbers do you see.

June 30, 2011 6:45 AM

What in the world? This woman makes no sense whatsoever! Trying to write in Taryn speak could be a fun game, actually. Here's mine inspired loosely by the above:

"I like kids. My daughter is a kid. Oh look! A bird! The Birds was a horror movie. I think birds come from Satan to steal children just like Alfred Hitchcock said. I bet that's in the KJV, too."

Here is my attempt:

"My daughter and I like to be outside. Our dog Mr. Potts is outside. There are pots under my sink. I'm going to use pots to make Italian food. The Vatican is in Italy. The Vatican is of the devil. The Pope is the devil. He will steal your soul and take it straight to hell. That is in the KJV."

Here is my attempt:

"My daughter and I like to be outside. Our dog Mr. Potts is outside. There are pots under my sink. I'm going to use pots to make Italian food. The Vatican is in Italy. The Vatican is of the devil. The Pope is the devil. He will steal your soul and take it straight to hell. That is in the KJV."

A good effort, formergothardite, but I'm afraid you lose some points for not tying your final point back to your original statement. For example, if you said, "The Pope will steal my daughter's soul and take it straight to hell" you would get full marks.

A good effort, formergothardite, but I'm afraid you lose some points for not tying your final point back to your original statement. For example, if you said, "The Pope will steal my daughter's soul and take it straight to hell" you would get full marks.

Cassandra, Twin2 and Latraviata started a conversation in Tarynese on page 1 of this thread.

A fine example of how it is done properly and as incoherent as possible.

slickcat79

I can see how you would get 6-6-6 out of it. If you imagine your middle, ring and pinky finger are the tops of the 6's and they all share the circle part. Of course it only works if you use your left hand (otherwise it's backwards) which I'm sure adds a whole new layer of meaning if you are already batshit crazy.

If you use your right hand to sign OK, it looks like a lower case d, 3 times. D is the first letter in devil, and devil x devil x devil equals satin^2, which is pure evil. I walked home today in a downpour. KJV, the Bible, the inspired word of god says that god rains down a torrent of fire unto the evil doers. Rain also make the flowers grow, unless it rains too much then the flowers die. I don't have a garden though. You also should never give anyone a thumbs-up, it looks like and erect penis.

Taryn and Mark Dreher should have babies together.

Shh

Don't

Say

His

Name

He

May

Come

Back

!!!!!!

Dang it! I must work more on how to speak Taryn.

1110? What does that have to do with anything?

Maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Oh, and her logic re: her existence is false. My great-grandmother was in a tornado and thrown a long way while pregnant with my grandmother. She was told she should abort the child, to be safe. It was 1923, long before Roe v. Wade. Obviously, she didn't, and this is my grandmother's reasoning for being anti-abortion, too. (Grandma was born 100% healthy, and is still kicking at 88.) Now, they wouldn't tell her to do it, because they know how safe a baby would be in that instance, and could actually do tests to see it, so the point is moot anyway. But there you go. If Taryn is in her 50's, her mother could have gotten an abortion if she wanted one, legal or not. It wasn't exactly hard. (All Mad Men fans can corroborate.) Roe v. Wade just made them legal, which improved the safety considerably and made providers accountable for the safety of the women.

1110? What does that have to do with anything?

1110 in Roman numerals is MCX. M C and X are the first letters in Marxism, Communism and Xanax. All three of these things are evil. This is another reason why is bad to sign OK. Roman numerals are pointless because there is no zero. Hindus invented the zero. The Siege Of Sidon happened in 1110, it was an attack on Christianity.

1110 in Roman numerals is MCX. M C and X are the first letters in Marxism, Communism and Xanax. All three of these things are evil. This is another reason why is bad to sign OK. Roman numerals are pointless because there is no zero. Hindus invented the zero. The Siege Of Sidon happened in 1110, it was an attack on Christianity.

:lol: Perfect.

Especially with the addition of Xanax. Everyone know Xanax is only for the heathens.

I had no clue...

I wonder if her parents were paranoid and mentally ill and just trained her to be paranoid, or is she clinically paranoid? That's always a grand question, because sometimes this schizotypal stuff is learned, learned plus inherited genetically, and sometimes it just plain organic and original with the person.

No clue about the hand gestures.

When I did missions in South America, they taught us never to make the "Okay" sign (???666???) because it was interpreted as obscene. Especially if you couldn't speak Spanish, you might be tempted to use this non-verbal communication, so they went over with us several times to use a "thumbs-up" instead. So I guess we can all be glad that she's not from South America, otherwise the 666 would also be solicitation for sex or something. Oh no! Maybe it's true?! Here's the proof that it's evil in every culture! :shock:

:roll:

Sounds like she should make a trip to the health food store and should buy a big bottle of elemental Lithium. It helps with OCD and maybe might help paranoia like that. And a truck load of fish oil might help a little.

I had no clue...

I wonder if her parents were paranoid and mentally ill and just trained her to be paranoid, or is she clinically paranoid? That's always a grand question, because sometimes this schizotypal stuff is learned, learned plus inherited genetically, and sometimes it just plain organic and original with the person.

No clue about the hand gestures.

When I did missions in South America, they taught us never to make the "Okay" sign (???666???) because it was interpreted as obscene. Especially if you couldn't speak Spanish, you might be tempted to use this non-verbal communication, so they went over with us several times to use a "thumbs-up" instead. So I guess we can all be glad that she's not from South America, otherwise the 666 would also be solicitation for sex or something. Oh no! Maybe it's true?! Here's the proof that it's evil in every culture! :shock:

:roll:

Sounds like she should make a trip to the health food store and should buy a big bottle of elemental Lithium. It helps with OCD and maybe might help paranoia like that. And a truck load of fish oil might help a little.

I have found it very interesting that a fair number of fundies that we follow are also paranoid/conspiracy theorists (Zsu, Latisha). I have often wondered why that is.

I have found it very interesting that a fair number of fundies that we follow are also paranoid/conspiracy theorists (Zsu, Latisha). I have often wondered why that is.

Some of it is a reactionary approach to politics and religion that Chip Berlet calls "Right Wing Populism"

publiceye.org/tooclose/index.html#character

It's another way of looking at cultic thought (Robert Lifton's Thought Reform Model and David Henke's spiritual abuse model), but this concerns only the sociopolitical aspects of it:

Characteristics of Right-Wing Populism:

Demonization

Scapegoating

Apocalyptic Aggression

Conspiracism

Producerism

(Sound familiar???)

Characteristics of Right-Wing Populism

Producerism

One of the staples of repressive and right-wing populist ideology has been producerism, a doctrine that champions the so-called producers in society against both “unproductive†elites and subordinate groups defined as lazy or immoral.

Kazin points out that as it developed in the nineteenth century,

...the romance of producerism had a cultural blind spot; it left unchallenged strong prejudices toward not just African-Americans but also toward recent immigrants who had not learned or would not employ the language and rituals of this variant of the civic religion. . . . Even those native-born activists who reached out to immigrant laborers assumed that men of Anglo-American origins had invented political democracy, prideful work habits, and well-governed communities of the middling classes.

In the 1920s industrial philosophy of Henry Ford, and Father Cough­lin’s fascist doctrine in the 1930s, producerism fused with antisemitic attacks against “parasitic†Jews. Producerism, with its baggage of prejudice, remains today the most common populist narrative on the right, and it facilitates the use of demonization and scapegoating as political tools.

Demonization and Scapegoating

Demonization of an enemy often begins with marginalization, the ideological process in which targeted individuals or groups are placed outside the circle of wholesome mainstream society through political propaganda and age-old prejudice. This creates an us–them or good–bad dynamic of dualism, which acknowledges no complexity or nuance and forecloses meaningful civil debate or practical political compromise.

The next step is objectification or dehumanization, the process of negatively labeling a person or group of people so they become perceived more as objects than as real people. Dehumanization often is associated with the belief that a particular group of people is inferior or threatening.

The final step is demonization; the person or group is framed as totally malevolent, sinful, and evil. It is easier to rationalize stereotyping, prejudice, discrimination, scapegoating and even violence against those who are dehumanized or demonized.

In The Origin of Satan, Elaine Pagels points out that today,

Many religious people who no longer believe in Satan, along with countless others who do not identify with any religious tradition, nevertheless are influenced by this cultural legacy whenever they perceive social and political conflict in terms of the forces of good contending against the forces of evil in the world.3

Scapegoating in the form of the ritualized transference and expulsion of evil is a familiar theme across centuries and cultures

We use the term scapegoating to describe the social process whereby the hostility and grievances of an angry, frustrated group are directed away from the real causes of a social problem onto a target group demonized as malevolent wrongdoers. The scapegoat bears the blame, while the scape­goaters feel a sense of righteousness and increased unity.

The social problem may be real or imaginary, the grievances legitimate or illegitimate, and members of the targeted group may be wholly innocent or partly culpable. What matters is that the scapegoats are wrongfully stereotyped as all sharing the same negative trait, or are singled out for blame while other major culprits are let off the hook.4

Scapegoating often targets socially disempowered or marginalized groups. At the same time, the scapegoat is often portrayed as powerful or privileged. In this way, scapegoating feeds on people’s anger about their own disempowerment, but diverts this anger away from the real systems of power and oppression.

Conspiracism

Conspiracism is a particular narrative form of scapegoating that frames the enemy as part of a vast insidious plot against the common good, while it valorizes the scapegoater as a hero for sounding the alarm. Like other forms of scapegoating, conspiracism often, though not always, targets oppressed or stigmatized groups.

In many cases, conspiracism uses coded language to mask ethnic or racial bigotry, for example, attacking the Federal Reserve in ways that evoke common stereotypes about “Jewish bankers.†Far-right groups have often used such conspiracy theories as an opening wedge for more explicit hate ideology.

On a local level, Herman Sinaiko observes, “The most decent and modest communities have people in their midst who are prone to scapegoating and who see the world as run by conspiracies. A healthy community is organized in a way that controls them and suppresses their tendencies.â€5

Conspiracism differs in several ways from legitimate efforts to expose secret plots.

First, the conspiracist worldview assigns tiny cabals of evildoers a superhuman power to control events; it regards such plots as the major motor of history. Conspiracism blames individualized and subjective forces for political, economic, and social problems rather than analyzing conflict in terms of systems, institutions, and structures of power.

Second, conspiracism tends to frame social conflict in terms of a transcendent struggle between Good and Evil that reflects the influence of the apocalyptic paradigm.

Third, in its efforts to trace all wrongdoing to one vast plot, con­spiracism plays fast and loose with the facts. While conspiracy theorists often start with a grain of truth and “document†their claims exhaustively, they make leaps of logic in analyzing evidence, such as seeing guilt by association or treating allegations as proven fact.

According to Damian Thompson:

Richard Hofstadter was right to emphasise the startling affinities between the paranoid style and apocalyptic belief—the demonisation of opponents, the sense of time running out, and so on. But he stopped short of making a more direct connection between the two. He did not consider the possibility that the paranoia he identified actually derived from apocalyptic belief.5

Apocalyptic Narratives and Millennial Visions

(Apocalyptic Aggression)

The poisoned fruit of conspiracist scapegoating is baked into the American apple pie, and its ingredients include destructive versions of apocalyptic fears and millennialist expectations. This is true whether we are studying Christian-based right-wing movements consciously influenced by biblical prophecy, or more secularized right-wing movements for which Bible-based apocalypticism and millennialism have faded into unconscious—yet still influential—metaphors.

Apocalypticism—the anticipation of a righteous struggle against evil conspiracies—has influenced social and political movements throughout U.S. history.6

Early Christian settlers saw America as a battlefield for a prophetic struggle between good and evil. Starting in the 1620s, witch hunts swept New England for a century. Many of the insurgent colonists who brought about the American Revolution invoked apocalyptic and millennial themes, as did the Antimasons and Jacksonians who denounced banks in the 1830s.

Apocalypticism infused the evangelical Protestant revival that contributed to the Ku Klux Klan’s rise in the 1920s and influenced both fascist and nonfascist rightists during the Great Depression of the 1930s. Today, apocalypticism remains a central narrative in our nation’s religious, secular, political, and cultural discourse.

= = =

1 Canovan, Margaret. 1981. Populism, pp. 289, 293, 294; Canovan notes that there are “a great many interconnections†among her seven forms of populism, and that “many phenomena—perhaps most—belong in more than one category.†She adds that “given the contradictions†between some of the categories, “none could ever satisfy all the conditions at once.â€

2 Kazin, Michael. 1995. The Populist Persuasion: An American History. See also Harrison, Trevor. (1995). Of Passionate Intensity: Right-Wing Populism and the Reform Party of Canada.

3 Pagels, Origin of Satan, p. 182.

4 See Allport, Nature of Prejudice, pp. 243–260; Girard, Scapegoat.

5 Damian Thompson, End of Time, p. 307. Hofstadter, “Paranoid Style in American Politics,†pp. 37–38.

6 The word apocalypse comes from the Greek, “ apokalypsis†which means unveiling hidden information or revealing secret knowledge concerning unfolding human events. The word “revelation†is another way to translate the idea of apokalypsis. Thus, the words “apocalypse,†“revelation,†and “prophecy†are closely related. Prophets, by definition, are apocalyptic. See LaHaye, Revelation, p. 9.

ETA: formatting to make the quote easier to read because none of the formating transferred when I copied it from PublicEye.org.

Archived