IGNORED

WBC is coming to my town

chilsa

My town--Harrisburg, Illinois--was hit by a tornado early yesterday morning, and 6 people were killed. WBC is planning on being here to protest the funerals, mainly on Saturday morning. This has angered a lot of people here, and I for sure plan on being there to block their signs or whatever I can do to protect these families. Most of the victims were older people who lived in a brand new apartment complex, with the exception of one young woman who had just become a nurse. If anyone else is interested in joining me, PM me. These people are beyond disgusting.

Can you contact a local chapter of Hell's Angels? They have been known to show up and keep the protesters at bay for funerals such as these.

I'm from that area as well, but away at school. I'd go be part of the human shield if it weren't for the fact that I'm only there for spring break and don't want to take time from the people I love while I'm home. I'm absolutely disgusted by this though. When I woke up to Facebook posts about the tornados I was horrified as I have plenty of family and friends from Harrisburg/Ridgeway and surrounding. It could have easily been any of them, all innocent people as I'm sure the deceased were. This is beyond disgusting and I cry just thinking about it. If any FJers are near southern IL, please go help be part of the human shield so these families can mourn in peace!

They are truly disgusting. Why are they protesting the funerals?

They want attention. That's all they want. Block them and ignore them. That's all you can do.

Half the time, they don't even show up. Hopefully, this will be one of those times. They threatened to protest my parents' church once, but never showed.

Half the time, they don't even show up. Hopefully, this will be one of those times. They threatened to protest my parents' church once, but never showed.

I also hope they don't show up to the OP's town.

Contact the Hell's Angels or any other biker group. They'll all set aside their differences to protect families against WBC.

If one of the deceased is a vet, the Patriot Guard will come and shield them. Contact them.

426990_3450808115112_1418020912_3328443_1653559899_n.jpg

424846_342372685806321_100001007780110_955202_133582169_n.jpg

g183183000000000000bc778d8c256145f30c3626bc90aa688a11c04517.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the human shield that gathered to keep them away from the funerals. Apparently they never showed; I heard that people blockaded them in their hotels, but I don't know for a fact if that's true. Either way, they were not able to get their hate to the mourning families.

426990_3450808115112_1418020912_3328443_1653559899_n.jpg

424846_342372685806321_100001007780110_955202_133582169_n.jpg

g183183000000000000bc778d8c256145f30c3626bc90aa688a11c04517.jpg

Here are a few pictures of the human shield that gathered to keep them away from the funerals. Apparently they never showed; I heard that people blockaded them in their hotels, but I don't know for a fact if that's true. Either way, they were not able to get their hate to the mourning families.

If they didn't show up, it is surprising they back out of half of things they say they are going to do. Those pics of the human shied are very good images to see.

I'm so glad those people helped. I live not too far from Harrisburg and a friend of mine was friends with the young woman who'd just become a nurse. I really hate the WBC.

They said they were going to Chardon this morning to protest the funeral of one the victims of the school shooting this week. About 1600 people showed up to form a human chain around the church. I couldn't make it b/c family was coming up to visit but I am so proud of what the NE Ohio community has done.

I attend the funeral of a Lance Corporal from my home town that was killed in Iraq by an IED. The IED as I understand it was strapped to a child who was also killed. There was not enough of his body left to bury. WBC was in attendance and as the Pastor of the church said and I agree; we should not attack, speak to or acknowledge them. They are zealots looking for attention and any acknowledgement of them especially violent will give them what they seek: The justification to continue with their hate mongering.

Just as a side note. I live about fifteen minutes from Chardon and about two blocks from Kent State. There is a lot of history behind both shootings that the media has never and will never report because it goes to motivation of the shooters. I'm not agreeing with the shootings in either case I think they were horrible things that showed the worst side of all of us, but I am also not for these tragedies being turned into a media circus for ratings.

Where did you find those pics? I was part of the one for the young nurse held across town. There were bikers, college students, union laborers, and local citizens. Amazing. There were also shielders at the cemetery here in town, where I heard they were confirmed to be protesting. People said they saw a WBC van outside the local Wal-Mart, and that its occupants all went inside to get purple t-shirts to blend in with the crowd. Pat Quinn showed up to the funeral I was shielding, and he stayed for the entire service. He appeared to leave for the cemetery afterward, but I am not sure.

bring a paint gun of water gun. Try chasing them away. If they really Do run, hit me withl gun contents on their way. And try to get it on video. ,

Or go with signs screaming GOD HATES PROTESTORS!!!!!

bring a paint gun of water gun. Try chasing them away. If they really Do run, hit me withl gun contents on their way. And try to get it on video. ,

Or go with signs screaming GOD HATES PROTESTORS!!!!!

That would please them to no end.

bring a paint gun of water gun. Try chasing them away. If they really Do run, hit me withl gun contents on their way. And try to get it on video.

Then, call your lawyer, because they will sue you. Seriously.

My town--Harrisburg, Illinois--was hit by a tornado early yesterday morning, and 6 people were killed. WBC is planning on being here to protest the funerals, mainly on Saturday morning. This has angered a lot of people here, and I for sure plan on being there to block their signs or whatever I can do to protect these families. Most of the victims were older people who lived in a brand new apartment complex, with the exception of one young woman who had just become a nurse. If anyone else is interested in joining me, PM me. These people are beyond disgusting.

I realize i read this late but if anyone else gets a visit from WBC, do what we did when they came to Simpsonville, SC. There was no parking in Simpsonville at all. NONE> I can't remember where they had to park but it wasn't in town. My sister and her husband joined the patriot guard to shield the family. Don't protest them back, as they want the attention. Ignore them. They don't really enjoy that.

Another town did the no parking thing and it worked. If the town in small enough, (and simpsonville is). it works. And patriot guard and friendly bikers are your friends!

Where did you find those pics? I was part of the one for the young nurse held across town. There were bikers, college students, union laborers, and local citizens. Amazing. There were also shielders at the cemetery here in town, where I heard they were confirmed to be protesting. People said they saw a WBC van outside the local Wal-Mart, and that its occupants all went inside to get purple t-shirts to blend in with the crowd. Pat Quinn showed up to the funeral I was shielding, and he stayed for the entire service. He appeared to leave for the cemetery afterward, but I am not sure.

A friend posted the pictures on Facebook. As for the van at Wal*Mart, it had Kansas plates, but according to the WSILTV's Facebook page it was actually a contractor who came to help with the relief efforts. Sounds sort of far-fetched, but not completely unbelievable. Have as many people showed up today? One of the funerals today was a vet, so it would be more likely they show up for that one, but I can't see as many coming today if they truly didn't show yesterday.

Archived