IGNORED

Anyone know what happened to Emily and DNA?

yetanothermeg

I was on the old FJ site back when Emily and Dna were being discussed a lot. Does anyone know what happened to them? I thought someone wrote that Dna left the seminary? Anybody have any info?

I don't know but I just looked at his profile and under the "People Who Inspire Dan" section he has Steven Anderson listen. Niiice!

(Dan Jamey Pierce)

My brain is freaking out on his facebook.

Interests include women's studies and Larping. Likes include bringing back Liberty Wrestling and Westboro Baptist Church. He's inspired by Justin Bieber.

Totally off topic, but you would think the Michael W Smith publicist team would pick a more manly looking photo for his official FB page. I had to do a double take because I thought it was George Michael :shock:

263018_215366558498569_117698398265386_543278_6262718_n.jpg

What I recall from the old FJ board - Emily and Dna had a fourth son and had moved to a different apartment. A few months back there were rumors that Emily was leaving Dna, based on some of Dna's very own Twitter posts. I'm not on Twitter and not friends with him on FB, so I don't have any other info. There were some other FJers that were FB or Twitter friends with him, but I know he did a mass unfriending awhile back.

I've been so curious about what's been happening with them since Emily's blog imploded last year. It was her craziness that got me sucked into FJ in the first place.

she occasionally sells things through her amazon storefront. looks like the last sale was in June of the this year. So she's alive anyway.

I had heard Dan left the seminary, too. I hope Em moved in with her mom. She needs help, whether she needs it or not.

Remember how she kept the apartment thermostat at like 50 and lived under a blanket for months at a time? Despite the fact that heat was free, and she had all those little kids in the house? We're talking Maine winters, here, folks.

That's not right.

I think Amy Grant is now married to Vince Gill.

It's probably hard to sell records to the fundie crowd when you are remarried.

yes, she is currently married to vince gill.

she was married previously to gary champan, not MWS. thanks, wikipedia!

yes, she is currently married to vince gill.

she was married previously to gary champan, not MWS. thanks, wikipedia!

I remember when they got divorced. My mom wouldn't let me listen to her music anymore because she was divorced and probably wasn't a Christian anymore.

I remember all the drama with her "Baby, Baby" song. LOL That obviously showed she wasn't a Christian. Didn't MWS cheat on his wife or get divorced or something like that? I remember being some drama about him. Speaking of Christian music artists, does Sandi Patti still sing? I used to love her. And who was the guy who recently came out as gay? Ray Boltz?

I remember when they got divorced. My mom wouldn't let me listen to her music anymore because she was divorced and probably wasn't a Christian anymore.

I remember that, too. At first my mom didn't forbid her music but then when they announced to the moms' group at church that she had committed adultery, all the Amy Grant tapes went away.

Ahhh, Amy Grant and MWS. Part of me wants to go to that concert---my 12 year old self would have been beyond excited. I had every AG tape (up to Heart in Motion? I think that was the name) and I had a MWS poster on my wall. My dad called him "The Scruffy Nerd." LOL.

all i knew of his was that "friends are friends forever" song, but glory be, i played the hell out of it in high school.

Though the Anasts led me to FreeJinger, I think Emily and Dan were really my gateway fundies. Two days here and I read every word about them. They were such an astonishing train wreck and I really wish I knew if Emily really did leave, of if the two of them came out of their strange, shared insanity. Maybe Dan got his teeth fixed and got a promotion, Emily has a part-time job, the kids are in subsidized day care where they get real meals and snacks and the whole family is climbing out of squalor. In moments of boredom, like when I am cleaning the toilet, I wonder how they are all doing. It is frustrating not to know. :(

Archived