IGNORED

Duggar picture

Rachel333

It's not too exciting, but a picture of some Duggars popped up on my facebook and I thought some FJers might like to see it. I'm pretty sure it's public (and I know the Holts' facebook page has been discussed here before); I hope it's okay that I post the link.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 740&type=1

It's a "girlfriends breakfast" for one of the Holt daughter's 24th birthday. It struck me as kind of sad, actually; she's 24 years old and her "girlfriends" seem to be mostly just Duggars and Holts at her birthday breakfast. Even Joy and a small Holt are along. It does look like the Holts and the Duggars are still pretty good friends.

I'm glad that the Duggar girls at least have those friends. But in the fundie world, most young women really don't choose their friends. The Duggars are basically friends with other fundie families.

The Holts were replaced with the Bates on the show, but that doesn't mean they aren't still friends. They are friends only with entire families though--anything else would be putting SELF first!

Where is Joy in the picture? Also is that a boy in between Jessa and Jinger?

I think that is Joy with a tight ponytail. Not to be mean but sometimes Joy looks a bit mannish.

Feeding 17 @ Cracker barrel aint cheap. If everyone ate about $10 worth of food, that's $170. Good thing they don't have to worry about a tip. Hopefully the family picture tract saved the waitstaff's souls.

It's interesting how many of the people in that picture actually do have Facebook and not a single one of the Duggar daughters do. Quite a range in ages there, too.

I think that is Joy with a tight ponytail. Not to be mean but sometimes Joy looks a bit mannish.

I think she looks a lot like her brothers in that photo.

It's nice to see the Duggar girls out without their parents AND without any small children in tow! I hope they were able to have some fun doing something age-appropriate (breakfast with friends!).

It's interesting how many of the people in that picture actually do have Facebook and not a single one of the Duggar daughters do. Quite a range in ages there, too.

I found that interesting too. I think some fundie families are ok with social networking sites. But the Duggars might have issues because of the show. The Duggars are really strict about the Internet with the girls. In a way it is sad that Jana and Jill at least don't have Facebook.

Heather Fedosky ... any relation to Josh and Anna's doula do you think?

Absolutely. The woman was on her 7th or 8th pregnancy when she delivered Mack.

Absolutely. The woman was on her 7th or 8th pregnancy when she delivered Mack.

Plus if I'm not mistaken we saw a teen Fedosky daughter on an ep of the show at some point.

I found that interesting too. I think some fundie families are ok with social networking sites. But the Duggars might have issues because of the show. The Duggars are really strict about the Internet with the girls. In a way it is sad that Jana and Jill at least don't have Facebook.

You wouldn't want one of the girls to say something that expresses the family's beliefs and practices that would give them bad press. Everything they say on the show has been pre-approved by one of their parents. Would JimBob and Michelle let their daughters have a social life on line when it would create so much more work for them by having to prescreen their comments and friends? JimBob and Michelle would actually have to devout time to a kid over 1 years old. We know they don't like to do that.

Edited because i don't know if I was too mean or not in the original post as I'm beyond cranky after a two day migraine.

I don't fault them for not having personal facebook pages. They are quite famous, which seems to attract creepy stalker types, or having to watch every word they say for fear of offending someone.

I'm not at all famous, and oddly less than half of our adult children have facebook, which I think is just strange !

Archived