IGNORED

Megan's Poly Blog

As a general rule of thumb, I consider most people on the internet to be make-believe. Unless I've met them in person, they are purely fictional, and are treated as such.

• 5 years later...

I moved the thread here under the FLDS because it includes polygamy knowing she isn't FLDS.  ?

• Thank You 1

So the wife that left came back last August? And is due in April? If I’m doing the math right, that’s only 8 months. Was she pregnant already when she came back to her husband and sister wives?

You have to go back further! The wife who left was a reader from the blog who came out to visit (the only one it seems) to get married to another family and ended up marrying this family after it didn’t work out. The story is unreal, but seems to be true life. She posts a lot more at the beginning when she’s 18 and blogspot was super cool. 

• WTF 1

She's definitely been discussed on FJ before. I think the consensus was that it's fake, but I don't know if there was any definite proof. (I remember something weird with an ultrasound photo though.) I didn't realize she was still blogging!

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

She's definitely been discussed on FJ before. I think the consensus was that it's fake, but I don't know if there was any definite proof. (I remember something weird with an ultrasound photo though.) I didn't realize she was still blogging!

Thanks.  Found a couple and merged.  It was also discussed in this thread:

And here:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Has she posted any pictures as proof? I have read multiple posts and haven’t seen a single picture. Anyone could start a blog filled with bullshit if they don’t have to post any pictures as proof. I’m not saying I want the identities of her kids outed. But can’t she post pictures of their farm with kids who have their face turned? Or pictures of their animals? 

I looked through her blog and I will list the reasons why I think it’s mostly fake. I say mostly because these internet fakers always mix in a little truth with a lot of lies. 

1) there is absolutely no evidence that this is her life. No pictures. No other people acting as credible friends. Nothing. She can say she wants to be private all she wants but that’s bullshit. You don’t have a decade long blog while answering incredibly personal sexual questions if you want to be private. 

2) Twins. Internet fakers love multiples. So of course her first pregnancy is twins! Eye roll. And she gives one of them the name Laura? While her husband has a child already named Lauren living in the house? Right...

3) Steve travels for work constantly but seems to knock up his ladies very easily. There are only a couple days a month a woman is fertile so I guess Steve has perfect timing when it comes to planning his trips out of town and super sperm of course.

4) Steve and Shari divorce took less than a month. People called her out on this bullshit and she said their church had everything agreed on when they got married so that makes for a quick and easy divorce. Sorry I don’t believe this at all. They’ve been married for like 20 years with three kids but it’s all easy peasy. Shari blindsided them with her leaving but the divorce was quick and easy. Bullshit. 

5) Megan got some heat on her blog (because people were smelling the bullshit) and suddenly Megan and family are all moving to some undisclosed location in the middle of nowhere. How convenient! Now no one can question her as much because no one knows where they live. When people knew she lived in California, they could fact check her much more easily. But now that she lives in the middle of nowhere and no one even knows what state, she can make up whatever she pleases without question.

6) 5 women, 1 man, and a huge amount of children (I haven’t counted but it sounds like it’s close to 20) now live in this log cabin? I don’t believe it. My sister has lived in a log cabin and my in laws live in one. I’ve seen the set up of many log cabins and I find it pretty unlikely you could squeeze that many people into one. I know thee are very large log cabins out there but when they moved, she never mentioned it was huge. And it really would have to be huge to hold that many (especially 6 adults with their own little families). I know many fundie families squeeze into tight spaces but she says everything is just great so that’s what makes me think it’s bullshit. 

7) she says her mom died in March but she didn’t find out until July? She said it was drugs. I’ve known a lot of people who have lost loved ones due to drugs. I understand that people lose contact when they are actively using. However I’ve never heard of a child not knowing their parent died of an overdose for months. Of course she kept it very short. She seems to keep the details of very important things very short. And then goes into much more detail over very mundane and trivial stuff. That’s another sign of a faker imo. 

8.) ok this one is really stupid but I still think it’s bullshit. She has more than one child with red hair and they have no idea where it came from because neither of them have red hair. It’s like the twin thing. Fakers like to make up things that are not typical. Red hair is fairly uncommon in the general population just like twins. It’s not completely rare or anything. But it’s just less common so more “special” to the faker. These people love attention so they make up stories that will get them more attention. 

9) she says she has Chinese tourists on their property taking pictures of the bison yet her nearest neighbor is 2 miles away? Wtf? This makes zero sense. I added the screenshot. Of course it’s never on the news she explains. Lol.

2D0FF850-ECC3-4FD5-BD54-9A836D538474.jpeg

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

There are many details that seem odd - red hair, dad backstory, so so many wives - but I had no idea people would play such a long game when they aren’t scamming for money  

Edited by SoConfused
Cat published too quickly

On 2/12/2019 at 1:22 PM, SoConfused said:

There are many details that seem odd - red hair, dad backstory, so so many wives - but I had no idea people would play such a long game when they aren’t scamming for money  

I think they do it for attention and external validation.

• I Agree 3

• 4 years later...

Hey so I just got approved after finding your site from Megan’s Poly Blog. I’ve been emailing with her since 2018, and I can’t decide if I like her or loathe her. She’s become a complete right-wing extremism with no opinions of her own. There are 4 wives at home, and from my math, the last 2 joined the family at 16 at most.

Just wondering if anyone is still following along like my creepy ass.

Edited by darkNtwisty

On 3/30/2023 at 10:21 PM, darkNtwisty said:

Hey so I just got approved after finding your site from Megan’s Poly Blog. I’ve been emailing with her since 2018, and I can’t decide if I like her or loathe her. She’s become a complete right-wing extremism with no opinions of her own. There are 4 wives at home, and from my math, the last 2 joined the family at 16 at most.

Hi. You might get more traction if you start a new topic in Quiver Full of Snark. This is a decade old archived post.

Edited by nelliebelle1197

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic

Here is a link to the original discussion.

• Thank You 2

Sorry I’ll be no help. I basically listed all the things that made me think she was a bullshitter attention whore and I stopped looking at it for years. I still believe she’s a liar. She may weave truth into the lies. But I still think she’s lying a lot.

I do think she’s stretched the truth quite a bit, but she has sent me a few pictures of her with a couple of her kids so she’s at least somewhat real. The face matches the few pics which are still up, but that doesn’t mean much. Haven’t seen a picture of “Steve” or any other wives. Her hatred for the LGBTQIA community is appalling, and I’m sure was influenced by her bigoted church community.

Edited by darkNtwisty
Corrected the autocorrection

8 minutes ago, darkNtwisty said:

I do think she’s stretched the truth quite a bit, but she has sent me a few pictures of her with a couple of her kids so she’s at least somewhat real. The face matches the few pics which are still up, but that doesn’t mean much. Haven’t seen a picture of “Steve” or any other wives. Her gathered for the LGBTQIA community is appalling, and I’m sure was influenced by her bigoted church community.

It’s very convenient that the sister wife who died has no obituary based on the name given. And Megan claims Christie was super private and didn’t want a head stone. I think she has kids but I think she lies about a lot. 

1 hour ago, darkNtwisty said:

26 minutes ago, darkNtwisty said:

I do think she’s stretched the truth quite a bit, but she has sent me a few pictures of her with a couple of her kids so she’s at least somewhat real. The face matches the few pics which are still up, but that doesn’t mean much. Haven’t seen a picture of “Steve” or any other wives. Her gathered for the LGBTQIA community is appalling, and I’m sure was influenced by her bigoted church community.

That’s an awful lot of red flags in a few short paragraphs. Someone can be lying about 95% of their life and still have the “correct” kind of pictures or anecdotes. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

That’s an awful lot of red flags in a few short paragraphs. Someone can be lying about 95% of their life and still have the “correct” kind of pictures or anecdotes. 

Good point. I’ve got rose-colored glasses on

Which kids did you see? I think she will never post pics of all her 10 kids because I don’t think she has that many. I think she probably has a more ordinary amount of kids. We’re they all red haired kids in the pics? 

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Which kids did you see? I think she will never post pics of all her 10 kids because I don’t think she has that many. I think she probably has a more ordinary amount of kids. Were they all red haired kids in the pics? 

One photo she was holding blonde toddler; another was her with possibly the same kid, but maybe when they were a baby?? One photo looked to be a family reunion of sorts with a grandma-looking lady in the background. She emails that since she does the cake baking in the house, she admits to keeping a list of everyone birthdays so as not to miss one. 

• Coconut Flan unlocked this topic
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic