IGNORED

Megan's Poly Blog

I was like a dog with a bone when it came to that blog tonight. I read the whole fucking thing.

I'm really interested in their cult since they tend to prey on young woman who have had difficult lives. I'm also curious since they have an Oregon branch and I'd love to do some research up close and personal. I do know that they moved from CA to WY. If any one gets a clue as to the name of the cult, pm me if you don't want to post it.

edited for accuracy

I was trying but my damn internet went out. I've been reading it all morning though. I just can't stop...

She has trouble keeping some of her details consistent (ex. brother either died when he was 14 and she was 9 or when she was 14) and a quick Google of her email takes you to an interesting little website called Savage Violation....not the most wholesome of message boards.

I'm reading the craziness with mouth on the floor!

Love the part where she says a Muslim women converted to Christianity in her church and that this woman moved in that area from Minneapolis because, according to Megan, "It is not safe to be a Christian in MN". WTF??

Oh, I remember her! Haven't read her blog in a long time. Now I will have to waste all day catching up. Thanks so much.

It must be much easier to attract "wives" if one targets girls and women who have already been victimized. What a man!

I was trying but my damn internet went out. I've been reading it all morning though. I just can't stop...

There are a few places out on the net that claim she is a fake. I can't really tell though. There are a lot of things that set off red lights. The fact that the church apparently has a shelter in Denver CO and thats where they get the girls from troubled homes. Although Megan was recruited from a yahoo Poly message board. Nothing shows on any of my web searches. Christy, one of her sister wives, travels extensively, even to the UK. I just get the smell that Christy may be a high priced hooker, no factual basis for my feelings, but thats my gut speaking. Steve the hubby, seems to have had some $$ (not just from the sale of some of the wives homes) and actually owned an airplane that was sold.

I sent an email off to a pal who is a retired prof who studied cults in the PNW, primarily xtian survivalists, and he said he would remember them if he'd ever heard of them. He's taking a deeper look so I'll report in with any findings.

There was some funky religious cult near Denver. Probably not this one, though. But I do believe they were kind of survivalists. They lived on their own scary compound. You could see them from the open space bike path near my house in suburban Denver (Westminster). I have no idea what they practiced... But I was always curious to see what they were up to.

Experiencedd, I'll be interested to hear what your friend says. Another point I noticed is that at the very beginning, she talks about her father maybe visiting and maybe coming to her wedding, but then mentions that he's in jail...

Experiencedd, I'll be interested to hear what your friend says. Another point I noticed is that at the very beginning, she talks about her father maybe visiting and maybe coming to her wedding, but then mentions that he's in jail...

First Daddy was in jail for violence, then it was for drugs. Then later on she says he raped her, from the sound of it right around the time she lost her virginity to the older boyfriend. And at the beginning she was mad at her mom because she still hadn't divorced the guy, but then they were divorced when mother and daughter fled to L.A. Oh, and a social worker or parole officer stole her laptop during a visit, but then she's never had a laptop until she joined her new family.

I continue to be amused that birth control is for whore-sluts and cheapens sex, but hanging around on a rape fantasy message board is a-okay.

I never caught the part about her father visiting, I do recall she mentioned he died in prison. I think her Mom attended the wedding, and a cousin purportedly visited.

The internet rumor mill seems to think that this blog was previously scrubbed and replaced with what we are currently reading. I'm pretty up on Oregon cults, and supposedly this religious group evolved from an Oregon commune.

I have followed "Megan's" blog since it's inception and in my opinion she is fake. She has made HUGE contradictions about her story (her father being the most obvious, first they had a strained relationship, then he had been in jail for years due to abuse/violence/meth addiction) and then suddenly he was dead. The part that clinched it for me was when she claimed pregnancy with twins and put up ultrasound pics only for someone to show they had been stolen from another person's blog. (these pics were many years old when Megan announced her pregnancy) The expose' can be found in this person's blog, specifically in the comments section http://3rdlady.blogspot.com/2010/01/funny.html

As soon as Megan was exposed as deceitful she yanked down her blog and it stayed down for over a month. Suddenly she returned and there was a very weak excuse for her actions. She claims a "friend" had down loaded the pics from the Kaiser site (????) and said they were Megan's ultrasound pics. She claimed she believed this fact and took them down afterward when she realized the "mistake" that had been made. When I read the birth story of her twins (a home birth, no less) it rang false. It was very vague and practically had singing birds and rainbows in the background. I've given birth with no pain meds and the doctor had barely time to gown up before my kid shot out but it was NOT the pleasant, effortless experience Megan describes birthing twins. Honestly as soon as she mentioned she was pregnant with twins my hinky meter went off as this seems to be a favorite theme with pregnancy fakers online. There were other anomalies such as she was unable to give a specific estimated due date (given by her doctor as a vague "you'll have them sometimes at the end of this month") as well she claimed to know the gender of the twins at around 13 weeks.

Her posts have become more and more vague and nonspecific as each "pregnancy" occurs. It's a lot like the poor writing you read by these self-published online fundies. Just my opinion and gut feeling. This latest post seems to fall in line with the pattern I've witnessed. As the traffic for her blog starts to trickle off she will post something shocking or controversial. My belief is that "Megan" is either a bored teenager or a pervie guy writing his own fantasy about having a harem.

I have followed "Megan's" blog since it's inception and in my opinion she is fake. She has made HUGE contradictions about her story (her father being the most obvious, first they had a strained relationship, then he had been in jail for years due to abuse/violence/meth addiction) and then suddenly he was dead. The part that clinched it for me was when she claimed pregnancy with twins and put up ultrasound pics only for someone to show they had been stolen from another person's blog. (these pics were many years old when Megan announced her pregnancy) The expose' can be found in this person's blog, specifically in the comments section http://3rdlady.blogspot.com/2010/01/funny.html

As soon as Megan was exposed as deceitful she yanked down her blog and it stayed down for over a month. Suddenly she returned and there was a very weak excuse for her actions. She claims a "friend" had down loaded the pics from the Kaiser site (????) and said they were Megan's ultrasound pics. She claimed she believed this fact and took them down afterward when she realized the "mistake" that had been made. When I read the birth story of her twins (a home birth, no less) it rang false. It was very vague and practically had singing birds and rainbows in the background. I've given birth with no pain meds and the doctor had barely time to gown up before my kid shot out but it was NOT the pleasant, effortless experience Megan describes birthing twins. Honestly as soon as she mentioned she was pregnant with twins my hinky meter went off as this seems to be a favorite theme with pregnancy fakers online. There were other anomalies such as she was unable to give a specific estimated due date (given by her doctor as a vague "you'll have them sometimes at the end of this month") as well she claimed to know the gender of the twins at around 13 weeks.

Her posts have become more and more vague and nonspecific as each "pregnancy" occurs. It's a lot like the poor writing you read by these self-published online fundies. Just my opinion and gut feeling. This latest post seems to fall in line with the pattern I've witnessed. As the traffic for her blog starts to trickle off she will post something shocking or controversial. My belief is that "Megan" is either a bored teenager or a pervie guy writing his own fantasy about having a harem.

Thanks for sharing. I am going to look into those things you shared.

Her story does "suck" a person into reading... I just do not understand having a fake blog, without making money off it. From what I can see she has no ads or other method of generating income.

Thanks for sharing. I am going to look into those things you shared.

Her story does "suck" a person into reading... I just do not understand having a fake blog, without making money off it. From what I can see she has no ads or other method of generating income.

The problem is she has scrubbed all evidence of her lies and trips ups from her blog. At first I thought people would only make up such extravagant life stories for some kind of secondary material gain. (like McMama) But it seems quite a few folks out there will spend months, even years of their lives, creating false identities with intricate details. They get an emotional rush from the attention they garner and it becomes like a drug to them.

I thought a lot of stuff sounded hinky too, but it just seemes odd that someone would carry on this lie for 3+ years. The money issues seemed really odd to be. She just sorta dropped bomb shells like, "Oh my sister wife brought back tea from England." "Sad day. Hubby had to sell his plane." I couldn't decide it it was all made up or if she was just a bit dim and couldn't keep details in order.

Oh my goodness... as a fundie lurker I usually keep my nose out of these kinds of posts but this time I had to speak up.

I desperately hope this is fake.

The whole honeymoon rape thing? As a sexual abuse victim who has struggled in that area I am familiar with women, myself included, who post-abuse have at times chosen to give prior consent for an act to continue past the point of being triggered, but for goodness sake your wedding night is not the time or place for it! It will have also been for ALL the wrong reasons! It's one thing for someone to allow themselves in a safe enviroment to be triggered, in an attempt to learn the situation is not unsafe and does not need to be triggering, it's another thing to rape your 'wife' as your very first marital act just because she needs to 'get it over with'. And that he wont stop once he starts? That's not dominance, that's a selfish, uncontrolled jerk.

And then, the idea of finding wives among vulnerable young women who are desperate just for a roof over their heads and food in their bellies? HELL NO. An 18 year old just kicked out of foster care is rarely a good choice for anyones wife because she is emotionally unstable and desperate for acceptance, let alone trapping herself in a life of polygamy, a lifestyle completely counter cultural to the world around her. She isn't thinking about the longterm commitment of marriage into such a household and the lifetime ramifications of it, she's thinking about not being homeless and alone, and this being the only option offered to her.

Thankfully, that very reason is why I suspect this is fake. I would be very suprised to hear this happening routinely in a church outreach without someone bringing it to the attention of the courts or media. Surely at least one or two of these vulnerable girls have at least one relative who gives a damn, and such a relative, I would hope, would report such happenings to whoever they could, because this is an obvious case of taking advantage of vulnerable women. Even if you support, or don't mind polygamy (we are not polygamists but we do not nececarily believe it is wrong and we would befriend a polygamist family provided they are not taking child brides and all the wives willingly made the choice etc) most any pro-polygamist would still see this as an immoral action.

She isn't thinking about the longterm commitment of marriage into such a household and the lifetime ramifications of it, she's thinking about not being homeless and alone, and this being the only option offered to her.

Precisely!

Even if you support, or don't mind polygamy (we are not polygamists but we do not nececarily believe it is wrong and we would befriend a polygamist family provided they are not taking child brides and all the wives willingly made the choice etc) most any pro-polygamist would still see this as an immoral action.

Exactly. I have no problem with polygamy, as long as it is polygamy done by adults who practice informed consent. Vulnerable people, such as an 18 year old just aged out of foster care and worried about living on the streets, are usually not able to give that fully informed consent.

• 1 year later...

I decided to check in to see if Meghan is still blogging and she is...

Have we come to any understanding if she real or fake?

On a positive note she was encouraging her readers to donate pizzas to the hospitals in Boston after the bombing.

I just read Shattered Dreams by Irene Spencer. She married her brother in law at 17. Had 15 kids in an adobe hut in Mexico.

I'm all for religious freedom, but when kids are not being fed, no real medical care, and wearing clothes made of flour and potato sacks, I got a problem

Dr. Phil had a polygamous family on last week. It was a family affair in that the 3 wives were related. There were twin sisters and their cousin. They had all grown up in polygamous families. They were LDS but had church at home. They dressed like the rest of us. Each woman had several children. One or two of the women worked outside the home. The husband owned several businesses. They had a very nice, large house, complete with a swimming pool. The kids went to public schools. They were all very articulate, no one seemed coerced. They have written a book called Love Times Three. I don't think I could live this lifestyle but it seems to be working well for this family so who are we to say it's wrong.

You're talking about the Darger family. I've read their book, and on a personal level I liked them. Still don't like polygamy, but I liked Papa Joe and his wives. The sister and cousin thing did skeeve me out, but if I had to live with two other women and share my husband and home, maybe it would be easier if I already had a relationship with the other women. On the other hand, depending on the family dynamics, it might be harder. I would really know those women and would have an idea what their motivations were and what they were thinking.

• 1 month later...
She wrote that her baby boy was born four weeks early, but at his one month check up he weighed 10 pounds and whatever ounces. She wrote the doctor said that was underweight, blah, blah, blah. That doesn't sound right at all, that one month check up should have been around his due date. A ten pound newborn is not underweight.

The blog pings IMO.

It depends on birth weight. 4 weeks early is that "fine line" between premature and full term.

My daughter was born 4 weeks early (35 weeks, 6 days - and yes, I do know her date of conception - my husband travels for work and we only see each other every 6 weeks, so it HAD to be that day, it was the only time we saw each other for WEEKS!) and she was almost 7 pounds, had she been full term? She probably would have been close to ten pounds.

Since she wasn't considered premature, our doctor based her growth on her birth weight - and that may have been this gals case too. After birth, there wasn't much consideration of her original due date - since she was close to full term, and a healthy weight. (Unlike many premature babies who they do base their factors on their original due date.)

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic