IGNORED

Megan's Poly Blog

if you're thinking of the supposed defector from an Amish family, that blogger turned out to be a fraud and she deleted her blogs

No, don't think it was that one, pretty sure she claimed to be from a mainstream family. I'm trying to think of more details, but my brain won't help me out here. I think she claimed to be the third or fourth wife, only blogged after permission from her "husband" when they were "courting" her... Gah...

Oh, I totally know who you're talking about. I can't remember any names, though. I'll have to do some googling.

Was the girl's name Megan? Married the older man with two (or three) other wives. She was like 18 or 19.

Edit to add the link.

megans-polyblog.blogspot.com

• 2 months later...

I found Megan's blog today. She has a post from April 22, where she talks about being a submissive wife.

She also, addresses what she experienced on her wedding night.

Here is a quote from her post:

Even on the wedding night Steve must've asked me like three or four times if I was really sure that I wanted to go through with it and every time I said yes I was. Before this Christie had told me that if I was going to change my mind I had better do it before I was in bed with Steve because Steve is very dominant and that once he got going he was not going to stop. And that was exactly the truth. Later on Steve told me that he had kept going at one point because he felt it was best for me to just get it over with and have it done and then not be so anxious about it anymore. In a lot of ways he was right because after that it got easier to be with him and then after being with him it made it harder to want to leave. Of course eventually finding out I was pregnant really sealed the deal.

holy shit. "he kept going because he felt that i...." is never a good start to a sentence!

The act of a rapist.

riffle

The act of a rapist.

riffle

I was upset by the post. I had a hard time reading it.

I pray her wedding night was not like what she wrote. Maybe she should have thought twice about her wording and the way a post could be interpreted. I'm not defending her, I personally have a hard time articulating myself in writing.

11. how many kids do you think you might want/have?

Four or five would be perfect for me but I think I will probably have maybe six to eight when I stop having kids. I mean it is just math to say that and I am okay having kids if we can afford to do it.

That poor woman.

Why she "chose" to marry this man:

The way things work with the church is they want you to get married or they want you to be apart from a potential husband because they don't want the temptation of adultery to be there. Either make a commitment to stay or make a commitment to go. That ends up being a lot of pressure for someone who questions her own judgment. At the time because I really had no money I didn't have any job and didn't really have a lot of options the choice was to stay with my mom or to get married. After visiting the family it seemed like such a fantasy with everyone happy and no one yelling at anybody and then no one worried about money.

aiyiyiyiyi!

I'm really troubled by polygamy... *sigh* Now I'm gonna end up reading this blog. I cant stop myself from looking.

Holy fucking fuck!

I've been reading fundie blogs for years, and thought I had seen everything, but I guess not. That blog is ... just wow. So disturbing. *horror.

I seriously need to stop following the links posted on this site. That wedding post is going to give me nightmares.

I'm torn between wanting to hug my husband for being wonderful or making him sleep in the extra bedroom tonight because I've got that woman's vile husband in my head and don't want any man touching me until that feeling of ick wears off.

In a lot of ways he was right because after that it got easier to be with him and then after being with him it made it harder to want to leave. Of course eventually finding out I was pregnant really sealed the deal.

::shudder::

Oh My God

So she at least occasionally had the desire to leave? But his sexy dominant penis and eventually a baby ball and chain kept her there? Fuck!

Why are there handcuffs in her uterus?

Hah it sure looks like it. When I said "presumably fake" I meant that the ultrasound picture could be another person's ultrasound picture. A couple had the same picture on their blog.

Hah it sure looks like it. When I said "presumably fake" I meant that the ultrasound picture wasn't hers. A couple had the same ultrasound picture on their blog.

I noticed that on the second look, I couldn't see anything past the handcuffs the first time. :D The duplicate ultrasounds are suspicious though.

I noticed that on the second look, I couldn't see anything past the handcuffs the first time. :D The duplicate ultrasounds are suspicious though.

Interesting...a stolen ultrasound pic, multiples (not shown on the US of course) and lots of other drama. Sounds vaguely familiar.

The "voice" and the grammar in the ultrasound are different from the "voice" and the grammar in the other postings. I want to believe her. OTOH, if she's that good a story teller, she needs a publisher.

I read the first two months of posts but honestly it was too excruciating to read any more.

She keeps painting over red flags with rainbows and unicorns. It's heart wrenching. :( :( :(

* In general, such couple that choose this way of life are encouraged to follow precedent where a woman who is in some sort of need is who is provided with shelter and a loving home. Thus most of our families choosing this way of life provide for single mothers, recovered drug addicts, young women of adult age who are the product of broken homes or foster care, and etc.

* Families choosing this way of life are asked to tithe 10% of their income to recognized charities. A portion of that comes to the church but how that is divided is up to the Spirit and the family. (No, we do not ever ask to look at someone's financials).

Two other families in the church recently went poly and added second wives. The one lady has two little girls and she was unmarried and the daddy of the little girls was messed up in drugs and he got killed in some drug deal. The other girl was fresh out of foster care and turned 18 and they kicked her out so she was homeless and ended up at the shelter in Denver. Now she has a family. I know all of this is not perfect but where would these people be if they couldn't find a family?

So these folks are victimizing women who have a history of being victims.

I've just gotten to the part where she gets bizzy with steve and a sister wife.

:shock:

I was like a dog with a bone when it came to that blog tonight. I read the whole fucking thing.

I'm really interested in their cult since they tend to prey on young woman who have had difficult lives. I'm also curious since they have an Oregon branch and I'd love to do some research up close and personal. I do know that they moved from CA to WY. If any one gets a clue as to the name of the cult, pm me if you don't want to post it.

edited for accuracy

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic