IGNORED

Jocelyn getting less fundie?

fluttershies

Exactly. The Dixons thought America would be destroyed and so chose to go to a country they deemed "safe".

Yes, the one with no military and socialized health care.

That was some history fail there!

Yeah, it's kind of like British English, American English, Australian English, ect.... I took Spanish from somebody who had grown up in Venezuela and Spain, so sometimes my Mexican students laugh at me too. It's just different dialects, and I tell them that, they usually understand.

Having been to costa rica I can tell you that it is pura vida. It is a very common phrase.

I even heard my chilean friend say that.... I also always thought sometimes it's just a step from pura vida to puta vida, which is also used :twisted:

Sorry, all, for the Spanish mistake. And thanks for the info on the phrase. My Spanish is rusty, but "pura vida" just didn't look right from what I remember about Spanish grammar. Unlike fundies, I can admit when I'm wrong and not be snotty about. So, in a way, I'm being modest and immodest in this post. :)

Sorry, all, for the Spanish mistake. And thanks for the info on the phrase. My Spanish is rusty, but "pura vida" just didn't look right from what I remember about Spanish grammar. Unlike fundies, I can admit when I'm wrong and not be snotty about. So, in a way, I'm being modest and immodest in this post. :)

Actually, I don't think your memory of grammar is incorrect, it's just that it's a colloquialism. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pura_Vida#Pura_Vida

Yes, the one with no military and socialized health care.

That was some history fail there!

I didn't know that about Costa Rica haha. I'm still amazed the Dixons thought they could manage with no income.

I didn't know that about Costa Rica haha. I'm still amazed the Dixons thought they could manage with no income.

That's what baffles me the most is that love offerings will only get you so far and they got rid of the majority of their things when they left so how they are going to make it back to the US and get back on their feet will be a miracle.

I am worried about animals. I remember how older girls or Jacque said that giving up cats was hard for little ones and they are most likely doing same thing again.

I am worried about animals. I remember how older girls or Jacque said that giving up cats was hard for little ones and they are most likely doing same thing again.

I'm worried how they manage to feed their animals in the first place.

I don't think they have any animals in Costa Rica. I mean, they had some in the U.S. because they lived on a farm. Now they live in a shack. Unless I just haven't been paying close enough attention, lol.

I don't think they have any animals in Costa Rica. I mean, they had some in the U.S. because they lived on a farm. Now they live in a shack. Unless I just haven't been paying close enough attention, lol.

They have a dog or two and some cats.

According to their blogs they have at least one goat and several dogs and cats and chickens. There were photos of kittens in Rachel's blog.

According to their blogs they have at least one goat and several dogs and cats and chickens. There were photos of kittens in Rachel's blog.

I wonder how these animals look. Obviously whatever food the Dixons can scrounge up has to be shared with their animals. That's assuming they get fed regularly. :(

I wonder how these animals look. Obviously whatever food the Dixons can scrounge up has to be shared with their animals. That's assuming they get fed regularly. :(

don'T they live in the middle of the forest or am I confusing the CR families? I'm pretty sure if they're in a rural environment they (cats and chickens) can get by. I don't know about the dogs though.

Someone on the Feelin' Feminine site (I can't remember if it was Jocelyn or not) definitely posted once either in a comment or an actual post that pants were immodest because they were "tighter" and showed more of the female form than skirts; I guess basically because they outline the legs better. Some might say she's a hypocrite for saying something different now, but I think instead that it's refreshing to hear this perspective from her. Changing your mind and becoming more sympathetic to other views can be a sign of growth. I've also heard her say other things lately that demonstrate changes in her beliefs, too. Recently she has said things that sound like she is separating herself from Judaism when in the past she - or her mother at least - has demonstrated loyalty to the way that the Jews do things - once I saw Jacque tell someone that they were "besmirching the name of the Jews" because the girl questioned how we know what day the Sabbath should be on. I don't know about becoming "less fundie," but I think Jocelyn is changing. Let's hope in a good direction. :)

They separated themselves from Judaism when they got involved with the Hebrew Roots movement. They now claim to be neither Christian nor Jew. I think their term for themselves is "Torah Observant believers" or something like that.

Their beliefs were increasingly nonsensical but always boiled down to "both Jews and Christians do it wrong." Didn't they change the dates of the various holidays based on some weird calendar that's used only in the Horn of Africa?

And didn't they tone down the "America is Babylon" stuff because it doesn't fly too well even with some of their fellow fundies?

As for Jocelyn, she's MIA, her profile no longer appears in the FF website.

They separated themselves from Judaism when they got involved with the Hebrew Roots movement. They now claim to be neither Christian nor Jew. I think their term for themselves is "Torah Observant believers" or something like that.

Yeah, they definitely used to be more loyal to the Jews, though. They were just straight Christians before their Hebrew Roots days. I remember seeing posts from Jocelyn where she defended the pharisees and argued that Jesus wasn't condemning them in the Bible (lolwhat). They were all about how Christians needed to be more Jewish. Now they're all about how everyone needs to be more like them.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out because its no longer some big secret that Jacque's grand Costa Rica plan didn't work out and now her chosen daughter has had two failed courtships and its all been documented in black and white for the entire world to see. I honestly think they are so far out in left field like the Maxwells that they are their own brand of fundie and not too many people are rushing over to join them.

Yeah, they definitely used to be more loyal to the Jews, though. They were just straight Christians before their Hebrew Roots days. I remember seeing posts from Jocelyn where she defended the pharisees and argued that Jesus wasn't condemning them in the Bible (lolwhat). They were all about how Christians needed to be more Jewish. Now they're all about how everyone needs to be more like them.

The "it's actually good to be a Pharisee" thing always baffled me. Because one of the few things I remember from my Christian (ok ebul Catholic) upbringing is "scribes and Pharisee": not good.

Jocelyn also claimed she was "Hebrew" on one occasion.

Archived