IGNORED

Please rain down the fire of snark on this asshole - rape

aubrietta

So after perusing subjectbydesign's blog. (once I got over my horror over the TMI birth story) I opened up her profile to find that she follows just one blog. I figured it must be a good one, and then my head pretty much exploded. Nothing beats a 19 dude quoting the 1 in 4 women get sexually abused in their lifetime stat and then going on to explain in detail why it is all their own fault because they wanted equal rights and left the protection of their fathers. He even extends this to the sex trade. Because apparently he knows nothing about the sex trade and child slavery or really, anything about sexual abuse.

He thinks women are dumb:

Let me first say that I have nothing but the deepest respect for women. But I also believe that men are superior to women in strength (for the most part) and (again for the most part) in the ability to reason and use logic.

He thinks abuse of women by their fathers and brothers has nothing to do with the oppression of women.

When women are “sexually abused†it is usually done by a man (I will not touch on lesbians in this post, maybe in the future). Sometimes it is their father or brother, but this has nothing to do with the oppression of women in the world so we will jump strait to “spousal†abuse.

rainorsblog.blogspot.com

The most recent post is the terrible one, the rest of the blog is just really annoying 19 year old drivel. Except that in one post he does liken his older sister's intelligence to that of a "below average gorilla". He might have been trying to be funny, but it falls flat after stating that he doesn't think women can use reason and logic.

The fact that objectbydesign is following his blog makes me wonder if she is his sister whom he thinks has the intelligence of a below average gorilla. If so, I forgive him for his jab at his sister, and concede that he can make a very astute comparison.

I haven't read all of his posts yet, but I find it odd that when I added him to my RSS his blog title comes up as "The mind of an agoraphobic control freak"... especially when he says in his May 2010 post that he was running for the county board of commissioners.

LOLWUT?

Women and men are very different in the way they think, which is one of the reasons women get involved with men that end up beating them. Maybe women should listen to their fathers and brothers when they say, “That guy is not a good guy.†because they, too, are guys, and know how the minds of men work. The same is true in reverse; women are better at reading women than men are.

He seems to be missing a very key point here... that the majority of abuse comes from either relatives or boyfriends/spouses. People your parents approve of, or who ARE your parents. :-P It's foolish to assume that if a woman is abused by her boyfriend, her parents must have warned her away from him.

As to the rest of the post, he said it himself here: Sorry for anything that does not make sense. If you see something that you would like for me to expound on, let me know in the comments.

I'm not going to comment, but I had a REALLY hard time following his post. :-P

Welllll he is a 19 year old guy. I'm not saying we should cut him a lot of slack, but maybe some slack. Teenage boys are idiots.

However this quote is particularly reprehensible:

As I see it, women are not oppressed (at least not in the west) but have demanded their own release from the protection God has given them. Then, when men take advantage of their weakness, they cry for men not to be men, and for them to come to their aid at the same time

So women are asking for it, right? :angry-banghead:

Guest Anonymous

Gosh, he RESPECTS women. He just thinks we're a bit dim! If that view constitutes "respect" for women, i wonder what he thinks "disrespect" would lookl like?

The funny --or not so funny part -- is that in virtually every domestic violence case I've seen, a bunch of dudes come forward and say things like, "Why, I've know Harry for years and he's never seemed violent at all!" Yeah, because usually batterers pick only on people they think they can beat up, like their wives or girlfriends.

Men, in general, tend to be singularly clueless as well about things like street harassment and other violent or threatening behaviors by men towards other women because it doesn't happen when they are around. As a broad generalization, I think women are much better at identifying creepy men than men are, because creepy men usually display their creepiness only towards women.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, and of course, the measure he proposes -- sheltering women like children under their men's protection -- will do nothing to increase a woman's savvy in identifying the creep factor in bad men. A woman in such a scenario will likely just accept it when her menfolk tell her Jonny is an okay guy to marry, and when he starts hitting her she will just assume that's what men do.

Gaaah. Wait a minute -- why am I trying to refute the ramblings of a sheltered, know-it-all, teenaged boy?

He thinks abuse of women by their fathers and brothers has nothing to do with the oppression of women.

At least he's not touching lesbians!

:gay-female:

:romance-ballandchain:

But women not being his idea of what women should be is somehow abusive to men?

:doh:

He and Taliban Tony could be cousins.

If I was his "below average gorilla" sister I would go ape-shit on his ass.

I love how he qualifies saying men are smarter and stronger than women by adding, "for the most part." Do you think he would ever acknowledge having met a woman who was smarter and/or stronger than him?

Nah. Me neither.

I'm old enough to be his mother as I have 2 sons older than him so I doubt he would listen to anything I had to say as I'm not with it anymore.... and I was sexualy abused at age 7. So I guess being a little girl riding my bike over to a friends house and being molested before reaching my friend's house that was a clear shot of only 400 yards away on the open prairie with only tumble weeds to hear my cries. He can think what he wants but what will he say when something like this happens to his daughter, wife, mother or sister? He is just asking for karma to show him what really happens in the world.

As I see it, women are not oppressed (at least not in the west) but have demanded their own release from the protection God has given them. Then, when men take advantage of their weakness, they cry for men not to be men, and for them to come to their aid at the same time

So ... let me get this straight: Men, by their very nature, are wired to take advantage of women's "weaknesses," yet these same men should be trusted to protect women? Really? That's so logically inconsistent that it's laughable.

So ... let me get this straight: Men, by their very nature, are wired to take advantage of women's "weaknesses," yet these same men should be trusted to protect women? Really? That's so logically inconsistent that it's laughable.

But it is God's ways that are unfathomable to us!

The divine contradiction

It is truly amazing that we know God is internally consistent, and yet his commands seem like contradictory hierarchical bullshit that some men came up with

Yeah, I'm done.

I really can't fault him for the "below-average gorilla" comment. This guy and I are the same age, and I have a younger brother. It's really not uncommon for siblings to take shots at each other like that. I know I've called my brother similar things, and he's done the same.

It's assholes like this who make me cringe. I to was sexually abused as a little girl at 9 years old and of course it's my fault because my parents thought they could trust someone with my safety and needs. I would like to smack this asshat upside he damn head.

Archived