IGNORED

Emily makes no sense.

chiccy

I know I am a little behind you guys in that I only recently discovered Emily (Under1000PerMonth). But oh, what a party it's been. Here's one thing I don't get: Dan was planning to become a pastor. Emily was planning, concurrently, to move the family into an 800 square foot trailer (and have 10 kids while in that space). Never mind how that works for a regular family...how can it possibly work for a pastor's family? Aren't they supposed to have guests from the church over for dinner, host Bible studies, and constantly "fellowship" with people by having them over to their home? Aren't pastors supposed to be a major social force in the community? How could that possibly happen in a tiny, crappy trailer stuffed to the gills with children and--if the past is any indication--Emily's clutter and bacterial experiments? Did Emily not consider this at all?

Nope, she didn't. She did not consider that her sons would grow into teens and need "private time" either.

I am pretty much as poor as Emily and I would never consider doing 3/4 of the shit she did. I really feel for her children.

People pointed out that very concern to her Chiccy, and she was like LA LA LA .

At one point she wanted a trailer or a yurt and was going to buy and sell land like some people swap pokemon cards, all so they could travel around for Dan's pastor duties. *eyeroll* People pointed out the impracticality of this and she LA LA LA'd again.

People pointed out that very concern to her Chiccy, and she was like LA LA LA .

At one point she wanted a trailer or a yurt and was going to buy and sell land like some people swap pokemon cards, all so they could travel around for Dan's pastor duties. *eyeroll* People pointed out the impracticality of this and she LA LA LA'd again.

Unbelievable. She is like LA LA LA to everyone who tries to inject the slightest bit of truth into her deluded world. HOW can she have her head so far up her own ass.

I never saw her say anything about having guests over to her apartment. (Then again, she never mentioned that she or the children had any friends...) I can just imagine her making a plate of tube meat with lacto-fermented salsa for the guests from church. One slice of meat per person, please. And a fucking stevia kefir soda for dessert. Emily could not be giving, generous or hospitable if she tried.

It was pretty obvious, even to non-Christian me, that there was no way Emily was going to cut it as a pastor's wife. She's so stingy, selfish, and mean, it just wasn't going to happen, even if Dan actually had managed to graduate from Bible college and land a pastorate somewhere. She's not nice, she's not sociable, she's not hospitable, she's not empathetic--other than owning a vagina, she has none of the qualities a pastor's wife needs.

Emily gets obsessed with certain ideas, but practical reality is not her strong suit. She also seems to be utterly unable to imagine future needs and developments in a realistic way. Cramming several more kids into that tiny apartment, for example, without accounting for the fact that they would grow and need far more space (and food) than what she allotted. Or that, as her existing kids grew, they might develop opposing ideas about living in such crowded quarters.

And you can't tell her anything. I remember her plan to buy a beat-up mobile home, fix it up, and then move it each time Dan got a new pastorate. When people pointed out to her that you can't do that--mobile homes aren't built to withstand multiple moves--it was LA LA LA all over again. Eventually she discovered another alternative (converting a semi trailer to a mobile house, I believe) and let the mobile home idea fall by the wayside, but listen to reason? No. Not Em.

She literally goes out of her way to make her life far harder than it needs to be, allegedly in the name of simplicity and frugality. For all her ruthless penny-pinching, she's one of the most pound-foolish people I've ever seen. She's determined to do everything in the least easy, sustainable, efficient or economical way imaginable, raising her kids with the greatest amount of deprivation, squalor, and hardship she can get away with.

Em also said that Dna would continue working full-time after he graduated and then work part time as a pastor. I never did understand what sort of pastoring they planned ... street corner? basement church? a couple hours on Sunday as a youth pastor?

Basically they seemed to plan a permanent life of Wally World paychecks and sardine packed children.

Didn't Emily and Dna leave fundie-ism and split up, but only after having endagered one of their children's health?

No, they're very much still together. You need to find the last Dna thread where I posted updates on the last page or two. I think it was called 'Remember Emily and Dna'. No earth shattering news, but definite proof that they're still together.

They just had another baby boy a month or two ago.

:sad-roulette:

But seriously, how do you know this? Do you have an insider source of some kind? If so, do tell!

I found a really good one! I was trying to find info on another baby but found this instead. Emily looks like such an old frumper and dna is still fat!! :lol:

Em is the one holding the baby, Dna is the one standing on far right.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1914&dat=20070713&id=QOUpAAAAIBAJ&sjid=eWQFAAAAIBAJ&pg=3081,1739949

*edited to fix the link

I can't see a pic in that article. :( There's also this lovely pic of the happy couple: f2f268264490a6232c8bd6ab19a4ccf65ee8fba1_r.jpg.

And that's a healthy looking Dan. Yeesh.

Wow, someone has been feeding Dan! His hair looks thick and his teeth are fixed (somewhat). Emily looks old enough to be his mother.

I can't see a pic in that article. :(

I fixed the link. It's a pic of Vacation Bible School. Dan actually has a spare tire :o

Wow, someone has been feeding Dan! His hair looks thick and his teeth are fixed (somewhat). Emily looks old enough to be his mother.

The bible school pic is an old one, dated from 2007. He's probably still emaciated.

Thanks LaydNimue - I saved the pic and marked Emily and Dna, for quick reference:

358ot1w.jpg

Sadly, my pic was also old - I'm sure Dna still looks like shiz on a stick.

I'm still gobsmacked by Dan being sooo thin and sickly looking, the kids looking sickly, and Emily has enough extra meat on her for them all!

I'm so confused. The article said the Vacation Bible School was for Pre-K to 6th grade. So why is almost everyone in that picture an adult?

Thanks for the picture crop MrsKay! Emily looks very pregnant with their 2nd. 5 kids in 6 years, it boggles my mind!

Guest Anonymous

Wow, just wow. What a picture. I've just been reading her blog and under1000braincells. Emily sure gives you talented people plenty to work with! Hours of entertainment, though, of course, I feel so bad for those poor kids :(

Who named her fermented kefir Therese (Gizmola?)? In honor of whomever did, I've named my sour dough started "Clarisse", but unlike Lime Kefir water - lordybee!, it will only be used to make yummy bread to actually FEED my family. It will be nice to smile everytime I feed Clarisse :lol:

Wow, just wow. What a picture. I've just been reading her blog and under1000braincells. Emily sure gives you talented people plenty to work with! Hours of entertainment, though, of course, I feel so bad for those poor kids :(

Who named her fermented kefir Therese (Gizmola?)? In honor of whomever did, I've named my sour dough started "Clarisse", but unlike Lime Kefir water - lordybee!, it will only be used to make yummy bread to actually FEED my family. It will be nice to smile everytime I feed Clarisse :lol:

Tess, if I'm not mistaken, she named her fermented kefir Therese. She called it the family pet. Besides the batshit craziness of it all, what is sad is that I know it would give those boys so much joy to have a real pet. But Emily would never have it.

i am so glad she never got a pet actually. She hardly cleaned the people she loved or the house she lived in. I could only imagine the smell with a puppy running around too, crapping everywhere, tracking in mud, etc.

Archived