IGNORED

Which fundie blogs are the biggest?

fundies_like_zombies

Life in a Shoe has a large following.They are at the same time very,very fundie in POV and into patriarchy 100% and really really liberal about other issues-one of the daughters at 12 enjoys watching the God Father-so they are a puzzlement.

The LiaS family seems to pick and choose the aspects of fundieism.. but they are part of the VF crowd, aren't they? (Sorry if this is general knowledge, I never really followed their blog!) So how do they justify their behaviour to their super-holy environment??

I think ZsuZsu's and the PP's blog had quite a big audience after his "I want Obama to die"-sermon. He was also on CNN, so I'd guess that a few people googled him and came to their sites.

Life in a Shoe has a large following.They are at the same time very,very fundie in POV and into patriarchy 100% and really really liberal about other issues-one of the daughters at 12 enjoys watching the God Father-so they are a puzzlement.

Kim has also spoken about how freely they discuss sex as a family (albeit saving it for marriage, but I think the Coghlan kids have probably had better sex ed than most fundie kids). I don't disapprove of that, it just fits in oddly with how much VF koolaid they've digested (yep Ophelia, they are Vision Forum people). The older girls do seem relatively worldly.

She has also posted about getting shower time with her husband.As to how they justify, well,the idea is they want their kids to be 'of the world' and know how to recognise what they consider evil,immoral,immodest etc so they can resist temptations when they have to.So they go to regular movies,read regular books and such with in reason with Kim and husband on hand to instruct them on why such and such is ungodly;This method is probably worlds better than being closed off like the Duggars and certainly Maxwells are.

She has also posted about getting shower time with her husband.As to how they justify, well,the idea is they want their kids to be 'of the world' and know how to recognise what they consider evil,immoral,immodest etc so they can resist temptations when they have to.So they go to regular movies,read regular books and such with in reason with Kim and husband on hand to instruct them on why such and such is ungodly;This method is probably worlds better than being closed off like the Duggars and certainly Maxwells are.

As much as I dislike a lot of Kim's views, her kids are definitely more well-adjusted than other fundie families. I remember when there was a 4 Moms of Many group post about teaching sex ed and her thoughts were almost liberal compared to the other three bloggers (I know Raising Olives is one).

I think Raising Olives has quite a big readership.

Edited to ask how big Feelin' Feminine is since they went YAHsome?

I don't think the Bontragers are that popular. Although I don't know it for sure..

..I guess the Maxwell blog would be read by a lot of people, if it wasn't so damn boring. A lot of people in the (fundie)christian homeskool-movement seem to read their books and go to their conferences (although the number is getting smaller)..

I was wondering as the women living well site has loads of followers and likes on facebook and she doesn't seem crazy fundie. Weird views but not as crazy as others.

Archived