IGNORED

Today Is The Day - Beasley Takes The Bar - Prayers Requested

Turning-A-New-Leaf

*rubbing hands together in glee*

I don't know why I'm relishing the idea of him failing so much. Maybe it's just because it would suck if an archconservative, provincial, dominionist SODRT/fake law school grad actually passed a tough bar.

I am also hoping he fails. I took and passed the CA bar on the first try. Many of my friends (from a top CA law school) did not pass on the first try. It is a tough test. That said, it doesn't really take smarts to pass, as much as it takes knowing how to take the test and a good memory. If he didn't take bar/bri he's screwed.

I'm going to be so annoyed if this guy passes the CA bar on the first go-round, when one of my friends, who graduated from Rutgers summa cum laude and passed the NY and NJ bars on the first go-round (and had to go to SCHENECTADY to take the NY bar, then hop a train to New Jersey) went through hell. And is currently unemployed, like so many of the law school class of 2010.

But there are people who do go to those unaccredited CA law schools and pass the CA bar, such as "birther"** lawyer Orly Taitz, who is also a dentist. My friend who graduated from Rutgers follows the antics of the birthers and he has trouble believing Taitz passed the CA bar.

**"birther"-- someone who believes that Obama isn't a natural born citizen and thus does not meet the basic requirement for being president of the USA. As far as I can tell, the arguments, at bottom, boil down to "Get that black man out of our white house" and nothing actually legal or actionable. After all, Obama was born in Hawaii.

I hope he passes for the sake of supporting his wife and child. Kind of interesting that his brother went to normal college to get his degrees.

Maybe Beasley has a job lined up with a Christian law firm--if he passes the bar. Just a guess.

I'm pretty sure he has a job lined up with HSLDA (or whatever it's initials are.) From what I've heard HSLDA doesn't actually do a hell of a lot other than taking ppls money (and scare-mongering) so it doesn't much matter if he passes or not.

"Beasley Takes the Bar" sounds like an educational kids' book, but one that's taking the piss... Sequels include "Beasley Takes Vegas", "Beasley Takes Moulin Rouge", and "Beasley Takes Anabolic Steroids". The first book details how, for a bet, Beasley is prompted to drink a case of Southern Comfort and then participate in a darts match. High jinks and blood bath ensue...

Well, it looks like Bethany has received few prayers, not like the usual traffic of comments, I know the blog has a big following.

What do you think about this?

I think there is a big chance Dan will pass, just to SPITE all of the speculators who don't want him to pass or don't think he will pass.

So, what do you think?

I think if he does pass, it will be rubbed in everyone's face and a post will be made thanking everyone who believed in him and prayed for him.

blah, blah, blah....

I wish something big would challenge these fundies, so that it would open their eyes and they would have to deal with real outside-of-their world problems.

Archived