IGNORED

Today Is The Day - Beasley Takes The Bar - Prayers Requested

Turning-A-New-Leaf

Well, it looks like the end is finally here for Dan B. He starts his 3-day Bar exam today and Bethany is requesting that we all pray with her. She also tells us the 3 specific areas in which we should pray.

bloggingbeth.blogspot.com

I just don't get it....all these fundies and homeschool education, they want to be professionals in their career job, but they don't want to go to the best available school, accrediated school, none-the-less, and get the best education possible.

Who knows if he does pass, where or what he will practice, but would anyone want to have him as a lawyer, when he didn't even do any accredited schooling?

(I know the school not being accredited has been mentioned at FJ before, but I find it so bizarre.)

-----

Well, FJ'ers lets all do our civic duty and join her in prayer shall we? :pray:

Yeah, right.

Oh and we won't know if he was successful at passing until May.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

California has a very low pass rate.

Even if he went to a stellar school, and had stellar grades, he would still find it a challenge to find a good job as a new attorney. The market is full of experienced attorneys who have been laid off. Plus, many of the attorneys who graduated from 2009 onward had trouble finding that 1st job out of law school. He's competing with all of those attorneys.

Dear lord, please do not unleash yet another shitty lawyer on the world. We have enough morons giving people who think they are doing your will bad legal advice. Please tell him to repurpose himself into something useful, like a school crossing guard. He cant fuck that up too bad. Thanks!

Dear lord, please do not unleash yet another shitty lawyer on the world. We have enough morons giving people who think they are doing your will bad legal advice. Please tell him to repurpose himself into something useful, like a school crossing guard. He cant fuck that up too bad. Thanks!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Anonymous

Wanna bet?

Dear God.... uh uh uh

No, I think it goes, "Dear Lord, Thy will be done." I mean, Bethany couldn't be praying for her hubbie to pass the bar even if isn't part of God's plan, would she?

Ok, so I actually think Dan and Bethany are one of the less offensive fundie couples, and they genuinely seem to like each other (Which I do not think can be said for Dan's brother and his wife Abbie, I think she always looks miserable with him - or at least fake happy).

I am just shocked that he did not go through an accredited school. I know plenty of lawyers who went to tier 1 schools that are unemployed or seriously underemployed. Law school is one of the times where you college choice matters almost more than your grades.

But, if he is planning on working for a fundie program of some kind (homeschool defense league, ATI, ect ect) he will probably get hired on without issue. In fact, they probably prefer that their lawyers didn't go to one of those ebil secular universities.

So she's asking for prayers for this? My aunts dying and I'm not asking for prayers! He does it, not a bunch of prayers!

This, plus a million.

He would be the type to represent the idiot birther in the other thread.

California bar is reputed to be difficult, especially for grads of unaccredited law schools: "Additionally, there is little evidence that unaccredited schools actually offer sufficient preparation for their students to pass the bar. Of the 404 graduates of unaccredited schools who sat the July 2009 test, only 64 passed – a 15.8% pass rate." (http://www.top-law-schools.com/californ ... y-bar.html)

The bar exam is no joke. A lot of the pass/fail rate is the type of student that goes to the unaccredited school vs someone that gets into one thats recognized by the ABA. Some schools "teach to the bar" ie they spend 3 years teaching you ONLY whats on the exam - and they still fail. Definitely makes for some crappy lawyers

What I want to know is, how to these people cope when they come out into the real world after being so secluded and cottonwool wrapped most of their lives? If Dan fails the exam, he will have to wake up to the fact that his education was 5th rate and it has no way prepared him for a world where his god does not answer all his prayers, where he isn't the most important person on the planet and he might have to go out and get a real job to support his wife and child. If that was me I'd be seriously pissed that my parents raised me like they did.

As someone who took and passed the California Bar, let me tell you that it is three days of utter hell. It is considered the hardest bar in the country. I know people on Law Review that didn't pass the first time. I wonder if he took prep courses like Barbri and PMBR. If he did, and followed the schedule they set, his chances of passing vastly improve. The problem is that you are looking at spending about $5k to take both of those courses. The six weeks before the exam is spent in intensive study that would give anyone an ulcer.

The February bar results for California come out in May but I do not know the exact date for this year. Test takers will be able to check whether they passed on a Friday. On the following Sunday, the State Bar publishes a list of everyone that passed.

If he went to an unaccredited school, I would not put my money on his passing. The majority of people will fail. When I took it, less than 50% passed. The worst part is waiting four months for the results because you are really in limbo and you don't know whether to start studying again or not. Also, the market is really bad in California. I know people with years of experience that have been unemployed for more than a year and they went to good schools. This is an employers market and they will screw you over if they can. The upside is that if he passes, and is willing to take $30-$40k a year, which is extremely low for an attorney in California, he might get a job. He just needs to expect to work 50 hours a week for little money and few benefits, since no one from an accreditated school will take those jobs.

California bar is reputed to be difficult, especially for grads of unaccredited law schools: "Additionally, there is little evidence that unaccredited schools actually offer sufficient preparation for their students to pass the bar. Of the 404 graduates of unaccredited schools who sat the July 2009 test, only 64 passed – a 15.8% pass rate." (http://www.top-law-schools.com/californ ... y-bar.html)

*rubbing hands together in glee*

I don't know why I'm relishing the idea of him failing so much. Maybe it's just because it would suck if an archconservative, provincial, dominionist SODRT/fake law school grad actually passed a tough bar.

*rubbing hands together in glee*

I don't know why I'm relishing the idea of him failing so much. Maybe it's just because it would suck if an archconservative, provincial, dominionist SODRT/fake law school grad actually passed a tough bar.

I seriously doubt he will pass on first try. I don't recall how many tries you get the first time. In the way back daze I thin you got three max.

I seriously doubt he will pass on first try. I don't recall how many tries you get the first time. In the way back daze I thin you got three max.

You can take the California Bar as often as you want. There was a story here about a guy that took something like 48 times before he passed. The problem is that they only give it twice a year in February and July. February is easier to pass because the curve is better due to mostly repeaters taking it. It is worse in July because the test is full of students straight out of law school, which fucks up the curve.

Archived