IGNORED

Santorum opens mouth shit comes out idiots cheer.

doggie

This is so lame and so false it is amazing. but the sad part is fools will believe him. But it really shows he will say anything to discredit Obama including such easy to disprove crap.

LANSING, Michigan–Rick Santorum told an audience Monday that the 2008 recession was caused by high gas prices. He said Americans were unable to pay their mortgages — not because of unsustainable housing prices or reckless lending practices–but because of $4-per-gallon gasoline.

“We need to look at the situation of gas prices today. We went into a recession in 2008 because of gasoline prices,†Santorum said to an enthusiastic crowd at a hotel here. “The bubble burst in housing because people couldn’t pay their mortgages because we’re looking at $4-a-gallon gasoline. And look at what happened, economic decline.â€

After his rally, which was packed with families with their children, Santorum said he did not misspeak when he was asked to explain his comments. He said it was a “factor†in the recession and the housing bubble.

“Energy prices were spiking in the summer of 2008 and that was a factor,†Santorum told reporters.

Santorum was giving one of his last pitches to Michiganders vote Tuesday, telling them to “stand up.â€

He’s head-to- head in polls here in Michigan, despite Mitt Romney having been born and raised in the state, and the fact that Santorum has none of the organization the former Massachusetts governor.

The former Pennsylvania senator said he is going to “keep working hard†here and “do the best we can,†but he’s clearly buoyed by giving his rival such chase in his home state.

“I think the fact that we are doing as well as we are is (a) pretty big deal in this state,†Santorum said.

He went after Romney here saying it was a “joke†that Romney and his superPAC are running ads against him in this state, telling Michigan voters they have the opportunity to “stop the joke.â€

“We have a clear difference between a record of someone who has fought in the trenches of the conservative cause for the values that made this country great,†said Santorum, referring to himself. “We are ahead of the curve on conservative issues (and) to be attacked on television as someone who is not an authentic conservative by a Massachusetts governor is a joke. Michigan, you have the opportunity to stop the joke, to tell the truth about who the real conservative is and to go out there and have the best candidate, the one that can take Barack Obama on on the biggest issue of the day.â€

Romney’s superPAC, “Restore our Future,†has spent $2,517,307 opposing both Newt Gingrich and Santorum. Santorum’s superPAC, “The Red, White, and Blue Fund†is spending $1,281,500 on ads.

Santorum got a huge applause line and calls of “Replace him!†when he told the crowd that if President Obama was “at the (nation’s) founding he would have written a Declaration of Dependence, not Independence.â€

“This is who the president–look, he’s a perfectly nice man…he just has a very different view of America,†Santorum said. “And let’s be honest, he is doing a pretty effective job of promoting that view and passing legislation and regulations that are consistent with a view of what America should be like.â€

Romney campaign surrogates have been popping up at Santorum campaign stops in Michigan and at the Lansing rally, Romney supporter Saul Anuzis, a Republican National Committee member, was there attempting some counter programming on behalf of Team Romney.

He predicted a Romney win in Michigan and said it will give the campaign a “big boost going into Super Tuesday.â€

However, if that doesn’t happen, Anuzis, who is also the former party chair in the state, says “the system was designed to be a long slog.â€

“Gov. Romney’s campaign is prepared for a long campaign,†Anuzis said. “They are campaigning in all 50 states, have an organization in all 50 states.â€

He credited Santorum’s success so far on the Christian community in the state.

“They are obviously working very effectively through the Christian right and through the churches and you can turn out votes through churches,†Anuzis said. “I think their crowds are primarily driven by church outreach.â€

Santorum’s last event before voting is this evening in Kalamazoo at a Christian academy.

I honestly have to wonder whether this man actually believes the crap he's peddling, or whether he just uses it to pander to the ignorant. Either way, it doesn't say anything good about him.

I honestly have to wonder whether this man actually believes the crap he's peddling, or whether he just uses it to pander to the ignorant. Either way, it doesn't say anything good about him.

if he does not believe it then he is sinning by lying. if he does believe it he is sinning because he is stupid. and a fool by choice.

This is so lame and so false it is amazing. but the sad part is fools will believe him. But it really shows he will say anything to discredit Obama including such easy to disprove crap.

I think you hit the nail on the head right here. His supporters don't fact check and if anyone dares to, they attempt to discredit or just plain ignore because it doesn't fit with what they WANT to believe.The fundies in my life have actually been proud of the fact that they only get their news through very narrow "Christian" sources (in other words, filtered to tell them exactly what they want to hear and nothing else). Scary!

[

I think you hit the nail on the head right here. His supporters don't fact check and if anyone dares to, they attempt to discredit or just plain ignore because it doesn't fit with what they WANT to believe.The fundies in my life have actually been proud of the fact that they only get their news through very narrow "Christian" sources (in other words, filtered to tell them exactly what they want to hear and nothing else). Scary!

but if he gets anywhere this crap will be torn apart and used against him. no way will he be able to get away wit hit in the real world.

It reminds me of a dialogue I saw on Big Bang Theory

(paraphrasing)

Sheldon: I'll stay here and try to teach evolution to off set the creationism.

Mom: No creationism is real.

Sheldon: No, evolution is fact.

Mom: No, that's your opinion.

Sheldon: But it's proven by scientific fact.

Mom: That's your opinion.

Sheldon hightails it out of there.

(Mom is an evangelical in the sit-com)

I'm thinking yes...yes...that's it. There will be no swaying of "opinion". :(

“Energy prices were spiking in the summer of 2008 and that was a factor,†Santorum told reporters.

Energy prices spike every summer (and this year apparently February). I like how he adds the "housing bubble" later.

And it wasn't just a recession in 2008. Our whole economy almost crashed completely.

It isn't as if the recession occured in the previous generation , it happened less than five years ago. How can people forget all the conversations on deregulation or the housing bubble?

What does he expect Obama to do about gas prices anyway? I thought Republicans didn't want to regulate big businesses?

The thing is, the more batshit statement Santorum makes, the more his supporters LOVE it. It's like an old timey revival, and people are rollin' in the aisles and he's slapping people on the foreheads who then tumble over. I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone jibbering in tongues at one of his rallies.

His nuttiness is forcing the other candidates further and further down the rabbit hole too. Santorum's crazy is working obviously, so they have to keep up. See how far talking sense got Jon Huntsman?

I honestly don't know what to make of it. I didn't think Santorum would get this far at all, and I keep hearing "oh, he's unelectable." I'm not so sure anymore.

when he told the crowd that if President Obama was “at the (nation’s) founding he would have written a Declaration of Dependence, not Independence.â€

So according to Santorum, Obama would have written a Declaration of Dependence to England? Either Santorum doesn't understand what the Declaration of Independance was about, or he is calling Obama a traitor. :roll:

it's so true. but I think it will fail in the long term because there are not enough crazy Christians to carry him.

True there aren't enough crazy x-tians to carry him, but how many people just vote for the person with the ® next to their name? There are also plenty of people out there who want anybody other than Obama as president. Even if it is a landslide, when you still have 40% of the country voting for someone like Santorum that is enough to make me worry about the way things are going in this country.

The fact that he's even a contender is horrifying. I cannot believe that this is the best the Republicans can come up with.

My biggest fear is that the Democrats will be complacent, and expect Obama to sail through to another term. People have to get out and vote.

Interesting article on why gas prices are so high. It has nothing to do with supply. Also, the majority of oil refined in the US is exported. Why? Because they oil companies can get higher prices for it overseas.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/28/opinion/s ... ?hpt=hp_c1

Really, the increase in anti-intellectualism, (or idiocy) in this country is frightening. Santorum seems to be running on a platform based on religious dogma, urban legend and fear mongering. I truly weep for the future of this nation.

The fact that he's even a contender is horrifying. I cannot believe that this is the best the Republicans can come up with.

My biggest fear is that the Democrats will be complacent, and expect Obama to sail through to another term. People have to get out and vote.

I don't care much for Obama for a few reasons, but I will vote for him. Some Republicans are pissed by some of the shit Santorum says and some of the things he is against. Last night on Facebook, one of my cousins who is on Facebook, slammed Santorum and he also said on FB, that he can't believe the support Santorum is getting.

Santorum is patently evil in my opinion and I'm positive he wants to compel fundie Christianity in its most aggressive form upon all of the citizenry. Further - his facts, figures, and platform are not reality-based. For those reasons he is incredibly dangerous.

He wants to return the country to a pre-Industrial age standard. He either has no idea of the implications, is wholly misguided, or thinks he has some holy pipeline to the "truth."

I use to just laugh at him - but with enough frumper-wearing sheep supporting him (e.g. Joshie, the Bates, and the hoard of Dugger-worshipers) the danger escalates.

Guest Anonymous

I have to say, I didn't see this one coming. I really didn't think Santorum had a snowball's chance in hell of making it this far. But, then again I didn't see Sarah Palin coming either. I think we need a new more moderate party, because I think it's only a matter of time before some kind of crazy take over the Democratic party.

Well, I will go ahead and risk a Godwin by pointing out that Santorum has borrowed his propaganda playbook from Hitler:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Lie

and thus in the primitive simplicity of their minds they more readily fall victims to the big lie than the small lie, since they themselves often tell small lies in little matters but would be ashamed to resort to large-scale falsehoods. It would never come into their heads to fabricate colossal untruths, and they would not believe that others could have the impudence to distort the truth so infamously.

Archived