IGNORED

Normal men and normal women

Doomed Harlottt

Naturally, the unThinking Housewife believes that the most significant thing about the case of Stephanie Lazarus (the former LAPD detective who murdered her ex-boyfriend's wife 26 years ago) is that she was a lady cop. It is a little unclear WHY the Housewife thinks this is the salient factor, other than her theory that Lazarus was rejected by her ex-boyfriend for being a lady cop.

Normal men don’t find the idea of marrying a woman trained in aggression appealing. Normal women don’t become cops.

I just loooove it when the Unthinking Housewife makes proclamations about what "normal men" and "normal women" do. Her invocation of the "no true Scotsman" fallacy reveals the poverty of her thinking. Also, it reveals how out of touch she is. In my experience, men OFTEN find women trained in aggression hotttttt. Not that said hotness is relevant to women's policing work anyway; the point is that Housewife is clueless.

I think possibly the most insulting thing anyone could ever call me would be "normal". I'm not the norm. Happy about it. I struggle with some things, I excel in others, I make statements that make people cringe. I'm okay with it.

Normal is a disgusting word, ewwwwwww. Who the hell would want to be such a terrible thing anyway?

Please contact the police dept. in her town and send all the women police officers an e-mail with her little post highlighting they are not normal. I would love to see how many speeding tickets she gets after that. :dance:

If I get pulled over again by the woman who did a couple of years ago I'll be sure to tell her that she's abnormal. That'll really help me get out of a ticket. :rolleyes:

I guess Israeli men aren't normal then, since they don't seem to mind women who have spend 2 years in the army. Tons of the cops there are women too.

I guess Israeli men aren't normal then, since they don't seem to mind women who have spend 2 years in the army. Tons of the cops there are women too.

Not to mention the possibly* millions of men around the world who like a strong woman capable of defending herself and others.

*"possibly" because this is an estimation based entirely on my experiences.

I've met quite a few female cops who have been happily married. It can't be that unusual.

"Normal men" do whatever the hell they please and don't care if they find "normal women."

Normal men don’t find the idea of marrying a woman trained in aggression appealing.

I have it on good authority (*male* authority) that some men (who, to everyone asked, are normal) specifically seek out women "trained in aggression" because they find it ..."appealing". :teasing-whipyellow:

I have it on good authority (*male* authority) that some men (who, to everyone asked, are normal) specifically seek out women "trained in aggression" because they find it ..."appealing". :teasing-whipyellow:

:clap:

Normal men don’t find the idea of marrying a woman trained in aggression appealing. Normal women don’t become cops.

Well I met my now-husband through martial arts (we were both instructors). I kicked him in the mouth once during a sparring match and gave him a bloody lip. He kept laughing about it and asked me out the next day. Bummer, because I wanted so badly to be normal, I guess that's out of the question now!

Even were that true, to value normalcy as a virtue... well, that shows a serious lack of imagination and, frankly, maturity.

We are all normal in certain ways, and we all deviate from the norm in other ways. Normal is a description. It's certainly not a good term to use as a value judgment.

I think we are all the "new" normal of 2012 with rights, choices and opportunities to pursue life as we please. The problem is that too many people want the "old" normal of the 1800s where women cooked, cleaned, had babies, didn't vote, had no rights and were at the beck and call of a man who treated them as property.

:clap:

Yup.

And on the flip side, there are women like me who wouldn't want to marry a man "trained in aggression" (whatever the f*ck that means, anyway). I respect and appreciate cops and members of the armed forces; I also knew from a very young age that I wouldn't want to be married to one. I wanted to marry someone very steady and patient who had a 8-5 job (hats off to spouses who handle deployments and wacky cop work schedules, seriously, because that's not something I would handle well *at all*), and I did :)

Anyway, point being, there is no "normal" and what one person finds sexy/exciting/whatever is a total turn-off to someone else. Which is as it should be - if we all wanted the same type, that would be super boring.

One of her commenters seems to say that all male cops resent female cops. Granted, I tend not to hang around them in their off duty hours ;) but they always seem to play nicely together on duty. Female coppers do all the same stuff male ones do, in my experience of CID it's usually been a male/female pair. And have seen an all female team breaking down a door with battering ram, since they are less common than male coppers I presume that the powers that be thought it was important that it should be all women for this particular task. They did alright, anyway.

One would think even the Lousewife would recognise the usefulness of female polis in some areas to the State. For a start you are searched on arrest by someone of the same sex. This not only preserves your mental "female modesty" and whatever other stupid shit women are supposed to have, it stops strange random men from fondling your physical lady zones.

And in custody, you may be female and have to ask for sanitary supplies. Is she suggesting we women insult the sainted MAN by bringing to his attention that we are female and may bleed down below? Surely it is better to ask the female custody officer who is assigned to the female prisoners?

Oh Lousewife and commenters. You really do hate women.

Well I met my now-husband through martial arts (we were both instructors). I kicked him in the mouth once during a sparring match and gave him a bloody lip. He kept laughing about it and asked me out the next day. Bummer, because I wanted so badly to be normal, I guess that's out of the question now!

My future spouse and I are involved in heavies fighting in the SCA (Society for Creative Anachronism) together, and we often spar at practices. Anyway, I'd rather not be normal since that's boring to me. :violence-swords:

Same here! My husband and I met doing Brazilian jiu jitsu. The story goes that I choked him out and he fell in love! I totally schooled him on the mat.

Granted, neither of us would be considered "normal" by her standards.... Sure, it may not be "normal" for QF women to be cops, or for QF men to like strong women. But here on Earth, these things are normal.

Archived