IGNORED

Could it be that Jeb Bates has Down's Syndrome?

3 is enough

Guest Anonymous

My first thought after reading the latest Bates blog post? Someone's been lurking here and read the speculation about "poor Michaela".

ETA: I see I'm not the only one who thought that. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dare I say that perhaps someone told Kelly, or she read about, the 'Poor Michaela Bates' post and this has nothing to do with Jeb? Just a thought.

I think that was a huge FU Internets! post with a dash of confidence for Michaella (who isn't supposed to think of those things, according to their post, rendering it quite ironic). But it's clear she made the dresses and they're showing that off as her "gift" to the world with a GIANT dose of FU to those of us who don't have TV shows.

I'd get banned, but I'd love to write them a little missive that posts like that are much easier for them to publicize now that they have their own little group of sycophants.

I don't know. That message was pretty odd.

But wouldn't they have done testing for Downs Syndrome, given Kelly's maternal age and increased likelihood of having a baby with a chromosonal issue?

As for not having Downs just looking at a photo, it's hard to tell. I find it quite telling that no new pics have been released of the baby at home.

They can refuse, and it might not be offered at the "christian" clinic they cop free care at.

I'm assuming something is atypical about the new addition.

Don't forget, the Bateses are teevee savvy now and can't reveal EVERYTHING on their blog anymore, especially if it's connected to any problems with the baby. Everyone knew she had the baby, so they had to go public with THAT and his hospital stay.

BUT, his birth is also part of their special, so they could well be withholding info (save a possible oblique reference on their blog that could just be a "praise Jeebus, he made it!") until the show airs.

I think that if the baby had an issue they knew about before birth (or could plausibly have known about before birth), they'd be pimping that out in preparation for their special. "We're so godly that we kept our baby even though he has . Tune in to see how extra super godly we are and maybe it'll rub off on you too!"

Oh, I don't think it's anything MAJOR, but more along the lines of TLC pimping out Jason's fall, but not disclosing the nature of his (fairly severe) injuries, but instead focusing on Mullet's "mothering" in the previews.

The Bateses' baby was a week in the hospital. I have no experience with this, so I don't know if it's normal, or if they kept him longer to test for abnormalities simply BECAUSE Kelly refuses amnios during pregnancy?

Just saying that the Bateses made the mistake revealing something about the Duggars a couple of years ago that was a show spoiler. I think TLC slapped their wrists (ie. threatened them with lawsuits...same goes for Famy's spoiler pipeline) and as a result won't reveal ANYTHING more than is absolutely necessary. I imagine the Reiths are on lockdown now as well, since everyone is looking for the engagement announcement and while the Bateses deny they are getting a show, they ARE filming during the "school year" which was Kelly's prime excuse for refusing one.

Just throwing it out there; I hope the baby is okay. He didn't ask to be born into that mess.

Don't forget, the Bateses are teevee savvy now and can't reveal EVERYTHING on their blog anymore, especially if it's connected to any problems with the baby. Everyone knew she had the baby, so they had to go public with THAT and his hospital stay.

BUT, his birth is also part of their special, so they could well be withholding info (save a possible oblique reference on their blog that could just be a "praise Jeebus, he made it!") until the show airs. Since they don't get out as much as the Duggars, and nary an instagram to speak of, it's easier for them to remain isolated and tight-lipped if anything is wrong.

She also has to be careful not to rain on Michelle's "loss" parade. I do think theres a possibility he has some issues, thus the delay in naming him.

Didn't they have a condolence post for Jubilee? If they did, I'm sure it was carefully worded as to not give away any details of either what they or the Duggars were doing. The Bateses may well have attended the sideshow; there was a 3 day gap between the actual miscarriage and the funeral, plenty of time for the Bateses to get down to AR, keeping Michaella home with a few little ones to get ready for Christmas. Not that there's that much for them to do from what we've seen.

Does Lawson buy all the presents, too?

It's "typically developing."

Ah, that's better! Having a child with severe autism and having high-functioning autism myself makes it weird at times. Our family motto is "We don't do 'normal'." :dance:

gustava, Conuly, browngrl, and PennySycamore ... thank you so much for your condolences. Needless to say, losing our daughter was *the* most horrific thing we've ever been through. It's been 7 years, and is still difficult at times ... we get through it by knowing that living is the BEST way that we can honor our daughter and her memory and the fight that she gave to live.

Didn't they have a condolence post for Jubilee? If they did, I'm sure it was carefully worded as to not give away any details of either what they or the Duggars were doing. The Bateses may well have attended the sideshow; there was a 3 day gap between the actual miscarriage and the funeral, plenty of time for the Bateses to get down to AR, keeping Michaella home with a few little ones to get ready for Christmas. Not that there's that much for them to do from what we've seen.

Does Lawson buy all the presents, too?

They did have a condolence post on Jubliee. The post came up a few days after the miscarriage and I don't think Gil and Kelly attended the funeral.

Kelly stated in the comments that they were not able to make it to Jubilee's funeral and the Duggars have not seen Jeb yet.

Archived