IGNORED

Rich Santorum 's mouth at it again

chrissasue

As a Canadian, I find the recent debates and proclamations emanating from the GOP candidates beyond absurd. Religion just does not enter our political spectrum in this way at all. To my American Free Jingerians - do you think that this will finally be the demise of Rick Santorum or will he still garner support from Republican voters? Does he realistically stand a chance to be the GOP nominee?

Santorum always puts me in mind of this famous prose...

First they came for the communists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

we have seen this from all of the fruitcake republicans have have tried and failed. but of course they don't really mean it. they only mean their version of beliefs. they sure as hell would not allow a muslin to make laws based on their faith. Of course he can't see the results of this in the middle east.

So he wants to throw out the first amendment and take over the world? whats new about that.

Actually in Mechanicsburg PA a Muslim was given sanction by a judge to beat on a guy who dressed as a zombie Mohammad in a parade because it Is a Muslims religious duty to do so...case is under review and judge was an admitted convert. Insanity abounds....I swear we gonna see riots in the street if Santoum wins the White House and I will be manning the pitchfork concession stand.

I was about to post about this. I want to throw up in my mouth at the thought of Santorum becoming president and throwing out the constitution in favor of some kind of American style Taliban.

He's only stating more clearly what he's already said. He and those I've seen who support him like to complain about secular this and secular that being imposed on them, taught in schools and universities, etc: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162- ... ?tag=stack

For all the talk of not wanting to ban birth control and all that, I don't see how we're supposed to take an opposition to secular morality and agendas in the government considering what the opposite of secular is.

As a Canadian, I find the recent debates and proclamations emanating from the GOP candidates beyond absurd. Religion just does not enter our political spectrum in this way at all. To my American Free Jingerians - do you think that this will finally be the demise of Rick Santorum or will he still garner support from Republican voters? Does he realistically stand a chance to be the GOP nominee?

The problem is that when people feel alienated, they don't find another candidate, they just don't vote. He can whip his fervent followers up into a frenzy, but he's casting off a bunch of voters alone into the wilderness. Let's say he wins the nomination, not all of those people find his way back.

Santorum "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes the byproduct of anal sex."

You got it wrong. santorum is the result of anal sex. :o

I wish Santorum would give up the campaign for Lent.

We couldn't get that lucky...

What really entertains me about this is does he not realize that American history shows the country has not always been kind to Catholics? That if they'd established a state religion it wouldn't have been Catholicism?

There is no freedom of religion without freedom from religion.

I don't understand how someone like Santorum can claim to be such a devout Catholic to the point that he'd be fine with the Pope making all of the decisions for the US, and yet also be pro-death penalty and pro-torture, things the Catholic Church are strongly opposed to.

And then how the Vatican will tell priests not to give communion to pro-choice politicians like John Kerry, yet turn a blind eye to someone like Santorum who espouses the virtues of water boarding and lethal injections.

The hypocrisy in both directions is just stunning.

Republican presidential hopeful Rick Santorum said Sunday that he doesn't believe in the separation of church and state, adding that he was sickened by John F. Kennedy's assurances to Baptist ministers 52 years ago that he would not impose his Catholic faith on them

What the hell? Seriously, has the guy lost his mind? Is he trying to loose the election?

This means that Romney will get the nomination. Surely, Santorum can't get elected now.

If I was Romney I wouldn't be too happy. It is obvious that the Republican party doesn't want a Mormon as a canidate. That should disgust Romney and Mormons.

What the hell? Seriously, has the guy lost his mind? Is he trying to loose the election?

This means that Romney will get the nomination. Surely, Santorum can't get elected now.

If I was Romney I wouldn't be too happy. It is obvious that the Republican party doesn't want a Mormon as a canidate. That should disgust Romney and Mormons.

I don't even know what he's getting at, because he's only 54 himself. If anything made him want to throw up in 1960, I doubt it had much to do with presidential speeches :? Even within his own questionable logic, the comment makes no sense.

I don't even know what he's getting at, because he's only 54 himself. If anything made him want to throw up in 1960, I doubt it had much to do with presidential speeches :? Even within his own questionable logic, the comment makes no sense.

That is an excellent point. He was born in 1958 so he was only two in 1960.

I am not being snarky when I ask if Rick is sane. He seems to have a screw loose

I am not being snarky when I ask if Rick is sane. He seems to have a screw loose

I think this is really the true him He can't hide his crazy like other politicians usually do.

I can hardly wait until Friday to see what Bill Mahr has to say about Mr. Constitution. Silly me, I always thought the first amendment was 'freedom of speech. What a total fucksticking asswipe!!

As a US citizen, I find them absurder yet. These dumb fucks want to run our country? I actually LIVE for Santorum to get the GOP nomination, because I think the contrast between reasonable intellect (Obama) and bigoted pandering (Santorum) will produce the biggest Democratic landslide in history and take the Congress and statewide offices right along with it. As much as I have to grit my teeth when Froth-face says stupid, ill-informed, blatantly untrue stuff like (paraphrasing) : "I'm against church-state separation because it means people of faith can't have any influence on public life" I hope--sincerely hope--the American public gets a chance to show him with their votes in November just what an American Taliban he really is.

When I read about Frothy saying that Kennedy's separation of church and state speech made him want to throw up (btw, I despise him, but I do think he wasn't referring to hearing it in 1960, but instead to reading it at some point recently), my first response is that everything out of his mouth makes me want to throw up. I did seriously get a little nauseous reading that article.

I actually LIVE for Santorum to get the GOP nomination, because I think the contrast between reasonable intellect (Obama) and bigoted pandering (Santorum) will produce the biggest Democratic landslide in history and take the Congress and statewide offices right along with it. As much as I have to grit my teeth when Froth-face says stupid, ill-informed, blatantly untrue stuff like (paraphrasing) : "I'm against church-state separation because it means people of faith can't have any influence on public life" I hope--sincerely hope--the American public gets a chance to show him with their votes in November just what an American Taliban he really is.

I'm really hoping for the bolded, but cautious.

Also, this time? They need to do something about the issues, not try to compromise with people who have sufficiently shown that they will not.

Archived