IGNORED

Josie In Danger!

Guest Digger

Childish.

Oh, your rapier sharp wit has pricked my very soul!

Is your Genealogy work getting boring or did you hack someone else email to use here Diane.

And with that I bid you a fond FUCK OFF and goodnight!!

M.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, serious question...has anyone tried the "green" nail polish lines? I have heard of a few water based brands, but no reviews. I like the Butter London polish, which doesn't have formaldehyde.

Also LPL, no dog expresses distain like a pug :D

I just hate the color that DD picked the last time she grabbed some polish for me. I prefer something with more of a rose tint. This is much too maroon and looks like hell with my tan. Maybe tomorrow I'll make a run to Sallys.

riffle

Ooo. I have to keep my fingernails short and unpainted for work, but I think painting the toenails some cheery non-winter color sounds like a fab-tastic plan.

I don't think it is Diane. She tends to launch into diatribes. A 1-word answer would be too painful for her.

About a more worthy topic, my daughter wants her nails light blue with dark blue cheetah spots. I am going to give it a try. If it does not work, there's always nail polish remover, right?

Ok, serious question...has anyone tried the "green" nail polish lines? I have heard of a few water based brands, but no reviews. I like the Butter London polish, which doesn't have formaldehyde.

I have not been to the co-op in a couple of weeks. I think they carry it.

I've tried some of Aveda's nail polish and liked it. It's formaldehyde-free, not sure if it's water based though.

Aww, I got back too late to play with the troll! (I was off supervising my daughter's Girl Scout Cookie selling)

I am getting my toenails done this week, and I want to find some light color that cheers me up. The pale pink I have now is not working.

I don't think it is Diane. She tends to launch into diatribes. A 1-word answer would be too painful for her.

About a more worthy topic, my daughter wants her nails light blue with dark blue cheetah spots. I am going to give it a try. If it does not work, there's always nail polish remover, right?

Go for it. I gave my daughter a french polish on her toes and fingers the other day. She loves them, only now she moans about putting her toys away as she might break a nail... sigh

ophelia, I just do them myself.

I usually do them myself but quarterly or so I go in for "professional" maintenance. I'm all over the groupons. I tried the gel on my toes in november and that shit just wouldnt come off. It took them almost 20 minutes!

Wouldn't a water-based nail polish wash off? I am very interested in this. I have a 4 yo who is a nail biter, even with polish on them.

I have done some pretty awesome french ones--like purple with neon green tips. My girls are into that kind of thing.

Guest Anonymous

Hey desertvixen..how'd the cookie selling go? I have been supervising my daughters troops cookie booth all weekend and we have been doing really good. Got another 3 more this week we are signed up to do too.

Ok, I moved back to the area where I went to college after being gone for 3 years. In a couple of weeks I am getting back in touch with a man I used to date. It was casual then and it will be casual now, but maybe I should go all-out anyway. I don't want to spend money on a manicure, so I need everyone's advice on the best brand of nail polish that will look professional.

I usually do them myself but quarterly or so I go in for "professional" maintenance. I'm all over the groupons. I tried the gel on my toes in november and that shit just wouldnt come off. It took them almost 20 minutes!

I think professional looks hands-down better. My mom gets hers done every two weeks and always has the most awesome nails.

I do too much gardening to keep my fingernails polished. But I do my own feet though the winter and switch to pro jobs during the summer. I will take care of my hands during the summer and tend to cuticles and filing etc.

Ok, I moved back to the area where I went to college after being gone for 3 years. In a couple of weeks I am getting back in touch with a man I used to date. It was casual then and it will be casual now, but maybe I should go all-out anyway. I don't want to spend money on a manicure, so I need everyone's advice on the best brand of nail polish that will look professional.

When I do it myself I use sally hansen. I've bought OPI stuff and I dont see much of a difference. If you use the base and top coat it lasts a week or so. It always looks better when you get it done though, especially if you havent had a mani in a while. Check out groupon or living social and see if theres a good deal.

One and Done, we did pretty good. This was our last weekend to sell on post, so we're in "sell-all-the-cookies" mode. I think we sold about 60 or so boxes in 2 hours, but we had a good location, and we've been selling in this area since January 20.

The Mini Vixen (first year Daisy) has sold 133 boxes with some help from me on our personal thing, and I haven't checked on total credit from the booths.

Guest Anonymous
Blanket Training is abuse!

How so? We've seen Michelle make Jackson sit in a chair to calm down and there was no abuse. She also says she has them sit and be quiet with a book. Is that abuse? You think that maybe one person took it to far they all do?

I am not Josh. He's the one Duggar I really can't stand. Not Amy either. She's illiterate. I just don't like that they are teabaggers and fox news zombies and that they believe women are second class citizens and that Christianity should be part of politics. I have less problems with their religion than their backwards politics which could actually negatively effect our country.

Michele has posted on a forum that she puts the baby on a blanket, lures them off, them whacks them with a ruller to taking the bait. They have specifically endorsed To Train Up A Child on their page in the past.

You don't see that as abusive, yet you freak the fuck out over a fork?

On saturday I got my nails done. I dropped my iphone in the spa pedicure thing. It sucked but my nails are a nice pretty pink!

Well at least it went to a worthy cause :lol:

I'm currently wearing Nails Inc Connaught Square

Connaught-Square-2.jpg

This doesn't do justice all the colors it catches in the light.

Guest Anonymous
Michele has posted on a forum that she puts the baby on a blanket, lures them off, them whacks them with a ruller to taking the bait. They have specifically endorsed To Train Up A Child on their page in the past.

You don't see that as abusive, yet you freak the fuck out over a fork?

I have followed the Duggars for a long time and have seen her explain blanket training but she has never said she lures them off and hits them. People lie way too much on the internet.

I have little doubt though that JB does use the belt at times. There is way too much spanking in the world.

So I'm seeing a therapist tomorrow for the first time and I feel like painting my nails now. Is Bon Bon in magenta acceptable? I work in direct care at a day services program, so I usually dress on a slumpy/frumpy side because I don't want nicer clothes to get paint or other ickiness on them. I figure nail polish tonight and this subtle lip tint will make me look polished enough.

http://www.lushusa.com/shop/products/fa ... ith-a-kiss

Nervous because a professor suggested that all MSW students see a counselor before they start field work and I had some bad depression in high school and college. I want answers and support but I'm afraid of what I'll hear.

WTF are you on? We're not supposed to condemn them for promoting blanket training and playing obedience "games" with their children, but we are supposed to hate them for endangering their 2-year-old by letting her play with plastic forks? The fuck...do you even go to this school? I'm amazed a troll as nonsensical as you are being managed to make it out of the "You're All Going to Hell" phase :?

the gay kid from mean girls saying "She doesnt even go here" ran through my mind when I read that.

Aww, I got back too late to play with the troll! (I was off supervising my daughter's Girl Scout Cookie selling)

I am getting my toenails done this week, and I want to find some light color that cheers me up. The pale pink I have now is not working.

I'm currently wearing OPI's 'Do You Lilac It' it's sooooooooo cute.

sleekhair.com/opi11-do-you-lilac-it.html

(can someone tell me how to do a link)

the color is way nicer in person than on the swatch.

btw I am like soooooo excited this turned into a nail polish thread, that is literally my favorite beauty subject to talk about.

Speaking of I need a fill and color change, got any suggestions?

the gay kid from mean girls saying "She doesnt even go here" ran through my mind when I read that.

Yeah, that's where it's from ;) That movie was on TV this afternoon, actually.

Archived