IGNORED

SAICFF- the winner *drumroll*

Drunkenbutterfly

Courageous.

Quelle surprise!

Now they have got another 101.000$ to spend on a new movie about Christian righteousness.

Courageous.

Quelle surprise!

Now they have got another 101.000$ to spend on a new movie about Christian righteousness.

WOW! :shock:

With that important endorsement, now I feel compelled to go see it! :roll:

Kotamundi must be having orgasms all over the IMDb boards. :lol:

I'd be pretty pissed if I had submitted an entry to the film festival this year. How fair is it that 'Courageous', which was probably made on a budget that was larger than the entire film festival, and was able to benefit from nationwide promotion and distribution in theaters, is allowed to compete against entries that were probably made by the family camcorder? Stephen and Alex Kendrick do not need that $101,000 prize in the way that, I'm sure, other "filmmakers" there did.

I'd be pretty pissed if I had submitted an entry to the film festival this year. How fair is it that 'Courageous', which was probably made on a budget that was larger than the entire film festival, and was able to benefit from nationwide promotion and distribution in theaters, is allowed to compete against entries that were probably made by the family camcorder? Stephen and Alex Kendrick do not need that $101,000 prize in the way that, I'm sure, other "filmmakers" there did.

Yep.

Courageous.

Quelle surprise!

More like Christian self-righteousness

Courageous.

Gee, I never would have guessed. :roll: Awfully "courageous" of them to blow all the little mom-and-pop "filmmakers" out of the water!

Yeah, what a surprise that the millionaire's film won. Unless they impose spending caps, there should be categories for expenses. Under $15k, $15k-$50k, $50k-$100k, and over that. Then, for best in show, have it be like the Westminster best in show, the one that is the best of being best in its category.

Here's my question: Where's the publicity??

The SAICFF site itself leads off with an ad for the '13 event. The most recent blog update on the site is over 24 hours old. Google'ing "news" for SAICFF award winners brings up a goose egg. Even the VF sites (VF and VFministries) have nothing.

SAICFF's FB page mostly has photos with lots of "likes." No text that I could find.

A search for "courageous" and "saicff" brought up one pertinent hit on a confusing site called brokencontrollers.com/

Nothing on Botkin sites, either.

I'm not really complaining: the less publicity for these birds, the better.

But it's inexplicable that for all Doug's bellicosity about being the antidote to the Oscars, we hear practically nothing about the results thereof, nor have publicity about the gay old time had by all.

Where's KiSA when you need her/him? :?

I agree with MJB. This insular, self-praising event really points up the limited gene pool that constitutes Dougie's little world. He and Geoff Botkin are nuts to think that SAICFF represents a viable threat to the mainstream film industry, or the Academy Awards. They are way out there in la-la land.

(BTW, did anyone else notice the, ahem, distinctly phallic-shaped rock projecting from the ocean in Dougie's "Dominion" and "Manhood" clips? Just sayin'.)

;)

Here's my question: Where's the publicity??

The SAICFF site itself leads off with an ad for the '13 event. The most recent blog update on the site is over 24 hours old. Google'ing "news" for SAICFF award winners brings up a goose egg. Even the VF sites (VF and VFministries) have nothing.

SAICFF's FB page mostly has photos with lots of "likes." No text that I could find.

A search for "courageous" and "saicff" brought up one pertinent hit on a confusing site called brokencontrollers.com/

Nothing on Botkin sites, either.

I'm not really complaining: the less publicity for these birds, the better.

But it's inexplicable that for all Doug's bellicosity about being the antidote to the Oscars, we hear practically nothing about the results thereof, nor have publicity about the gay old time had by all.

Where's KiSA when you need her/him? :?

Funny you should ask this MamaJunebug, Dougie's just updated his blog: http://www.visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/2012/02/9969/

From Capt. Dougie's blog:

The ‘Best Creation’ Award went to Crying Wolf, an exposé of one of the most covered up big-government and environmental frauds of this generation. The 60-minute film, directed by 18-year-old Jeffrey King, exposes the lies and proclaims the truth about what the movement to bring back wolves to Yellowstone and the rest of America is really about.

“[T]his project wasn’t [fundamentally] about wolves or wolf re-introduction,†explained King, “but about reintroducing to the world biblical concepts of stewardship and dominion.â€

Teh WTF? For clarification, I attempted to read the wikipedia entry on the movie, but it was obviously written by a VF intern as it makes no sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying_Wolf_%28film%29

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

hahaha... I'm laughing at the part in his blog where he talks about how the Oscars awarded "Midnight in Paris" for the going-back-time for a romp plot... isn't that what Doug does all the time with his manly adventures? Only they aren't going to the Moulin Rouge... they're going to Greece and wearing togas. I guess it's cool as long as it's done in the name of manhood... go in Christ, brah.

Guest Anonymous
hahaha... I'm laughing at the part in his blog where he talks about how the Oscars awarded "Midnight in Paris" for the going-back-time for a romp plot... isn't that what Doug does all the time with his manly adventures? Only they aren't going to the Moulin Rouge... they're going to Greece and wearing togas. I guess it's cool as long as it's done in the name of manhood... go in Christ, brah.

Well you see, "Midnight In Paris" may have been a romp, but it wasn't sweatly or manly, and there was nary an anaconda in sight.

From Capt. Dougie's blog:

Teh WTF? For clarification, I attempted to read the wikipedia entry on the movie, but it was obviously written by a VF intern as it makes no sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crying_Wolf_%28film%29

**Doug Phillips is a tool**

Well, here, watch it for yourself:

http://cryingwolfmovie.com/

I posted a description when the nominations came out, if you'd rather not watch the damned thing:

http://www.freejinger.org/viewtopic.php ... es#p173694

I have no idea if they expect their audience to see those pictures and just see a loss of money for a rancher, loss of something a hunter could hunt, or just general waste. But they sure seem to be played up for drama -- as in, "look at how this poor innocent ruminant is torn up," which seems a bit disingenuous from the folks who raise/hunt and butcher the same animals for a living and for sport.

What the ever loving fuck, this is the same guy who posted on his blog a picture of his six year old daughter with a cute little innocent rabbit she'd just killed.

I am honestly shocked that they didn't give Best Documentary to 180, or any other documentary related to abortion.

Archived