IGNORED

Explain Your Hairstyle

JesusFightClub

My headship and I have our hairstyles backwards. He has gorgeous, shoulder length hair, and I have a chin-length chelsea hawk with pink streaks. My hair is so frizzy and crazy that I gave up on ever having long hair. I keep the sides at 1/4 inch now, and my bangs are never grown out past my chin.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At one point, I was sporting the Kate Gosselin (but before Kate did so, but sadly TLC doesn't want to do a TV show about me and my three singlton babies). Now, my "style" is one of benign neglect- longish (past the middle of my back at this point) and all one length. I clip it up in a claw clip most days right out of the shower.

My devoted headship has no input on my hair, except that he once told me that I really shouldn't use that hair color again after a particularly bad home dye job.

My hair is long right now. It's wavy and very thick so there's a lot of it. I've worn it long and mostly without layers for several years now and I think I want to try something else. Lately my hair has become excessively tangled after I wash it even though I use conditioner generously and comb out tangles with conditioner still in my hair. As soon as I rinse out the conditioner the tangles appear. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. If I can't find a solution I will definitely be cutting my hair instead of just thinking about it.

Get thee to www.naturallycurly.com! Same for all the ladies who "hate" their hair, or have "bad" hair. It hurts my soul to see you say this! Embrace your waves, kinks and curls! Use the "curly girl" method, whether there's just a slight wave, spirals or kinks, it will change the way you view your hair. Srsly.

Is that really your hair?! It's the second image that comes up when you Google "rainbow braid". How's that for Internet fame? :P

Wow, this is really you? It's amazing! Love it!

You tease! ;) Does yours look something like that, or you just liked it, too? I have very dark hair, almost black, but have wanted some bold colored highlights for a long time now.

Last June, my long-time stylist was too busy yakking with her salon buds that she took the thinning shears and cut a huge hole in the back-left side of my hair, which at the time was growing out past shoulder length.

I didn't realize how bad it was until 6 months (it was baby hair before that, I guess, not that noticable) later when I went to a new stylist (b/c I'd gotten such shitty service at that last appt. not even knowing what she'd done to the innerworkings of my hair) who thought I'd cut huge chunks out of my hair in two places. I'd talked to my doctor before when it started to grow in, because I thought my thyroid was acting up and my hair had fallen out! She also said that it was straight across, in two planes; definitely scissors were involved.

Had to cut off 3" of length to get the shit to try to get to something approaching even by my next cut in late March. It's been 9 months and -3 inches and it's STILL not grown back all the way. Still about 1- 1/12" shorter than the rest of the back, which has finally gotten back to the long side of shoulder length. We'll probably have to take off that length, but at least it'll FINALLY be evened out. I've looked like a clown who let my kid cut my hair for the last year, especially when I like it about Anna Duggar length (we have the same type/texture hair...doesn't grow much longer without looking stringy).

Actually, come to think of it, while my hair is angled more along the face to hide the square-ass jaw, my hair is quite similar to hers in plainness of cut and style, for the time being. I wear thin bangs and am high/lowlighted (the joys of the 40-something), but would NEVER consider the barrel roll curls that are the newest fundie fad. Nor has it seen a perm since c.1994. The color and blowdrying is enough torture!

The headship doesn't give a shit. It's been long, short, curly, straight, wavy, blonde, brown, pink, red and combos of all of the above since we've known each other.

celestial: I have hair that's dark brown at the roots but the ends are blonde, naturally.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbj ... rticleid=5

Over at this forum (which is devoted to the growing and keeping of long hair, although not necessarily for religious reasons) there is a code or "hairtyping system" they use to describe your hair. Kind of interesting. Although until you became super familiar with it you'd have to constantly check the explanation to see what it meant.

e.g: with that system I am a 2a/M/ii.

There isn't a lot to explain about my hair. It's dark blonde and I've never tried dying it - I'm quite dull with my hair! At the moment it's quite long and is seriously overdue a cut, which I only do about twice a year because I don't like going to hairdressers and am always scared they're going to chop loads off. I used to have to have short hair when I was younger so now I don't like it shorter than a certain length. When I go to the hairdressers I normally just get a certain amount cut off and some layers put in. I'm planning to go next week.

I have incredibly thick, blond hair which grows forward towards my face. I have a chin-length bob with bangs. I would love to grow it longer and pull it back away from my face, but can't keep a pony-tail holder, barrette, headband, etc. in it. The weight of my hair hijacks all my attempts at a new hairdo. I've been sporting this look most of my life. Any suggestions other than shaving it?

I'm trying to imagine explaining my hairstyle to my other half. It'd be comical, that much I know.

On really humid days, there's no explanation. Just don't anger it and it won't hurt you, more importantly me.

CC3, my god daughter has hair like yours. What her mother does with her hair, keep it well conditioned and just let it do its thing. It's rather pretty that way. Oh, and keep it short.

My hair is super long right now (and super super straight). Mainly because I have been too busy/lazy to make an appt to get it cut ;)

H LOVES my hair really really long, but I like it a little shorter than it is now. I will probably get about 5 inches cut off next time, which will make it about 3inches below my shoulders. Shorter than he likes it, but it makes me happy since there is less of it to deal with.

Archived