IGNORED

RIGHT NOW "To Train up a Child" is on the Duggars' site

Elle

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

http://www.NoGreaterJoy.org

Features some of the finest in family-friendly, value-based books, audios, videos, and articles on parenting, husband and wife relationships, ministry and more! Materials include, To Train Up A Child, Jumping Ship, Created To Be His Help Meet, Preparing To Be A Help Meet, Only Men, the Good and Evil graphic novel in over 20 languages and a FREE bi-monthly magazine.

Make of it what you will. If they're posting this, I take it as advocating the Pearls. We all know there's no way this side of hell they would post about a discount for the Anarchist Cookbook.

So does this seem like advocacy, or a coincidence?

Also I'm trying to remember what the name of their website pre-private domain was. It was a Geocities of Angelfire site, or something like that. I first saw it when I was with my first boyfriend, and we broke up prior to when the Duggars got their current domain. They were more open about it then. I think there are too many kids now to bother with "training", especially since they're just passed onto the older kids, who were clearly "trained" out of thinking for themselves.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone more competent than me should save a screen shot, and send it to TMZ, Anderson Cooper, and TLC (although I would assume they already know).

Someone more competent than me should save a screen shot, and send it to TMZ, Anderson Cooper, and TLC (although I would assume they already know).

I screencapped it earlier for the other thread, just in case it gets taken down...

33u96dz.jpg

I made sure to include the address bar.

I feel like FreeJinger helps to expose the Duggars to who they really are such as the Michelle's marriage submission thread started and next week BAM! It's all over the net. I feel like reporters who are looking for juicy gossip for the Duggars come and lurk here. (Of course, that may be just me wishfully thinking this.) Hopefully the various news websites will pick up on this too, and hopefully to make it on tv news.

I feel like FreeJinger helps to expose the Duggars to who they really are such as the Michelle's marriage submission thread started and next week BAM! It's all over the net. I feel like reporters who are looking for juicy gossip for the Duggars come and lurk here. (Of course, that may be just me wishfully thinking this.)

You might be surprised by how often forum posts from this website are quoted on other sites, even attributing the discovery of links to this forum. Here is a ChicagoNow link : http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with- ... ild-abuse/ that quotes a post by someone recalling MIchelle being the guest in a guest-chat of an old forum pre-fame, and she admitted using rulers, but once fame came, suddenly the archive of that chat was scrubbed clean.

At any time, there are around 100 guests browsing FJ, at least in Snark. I wouldn't doubt some of them are reporters looking for juicy gossip, or just journalists who fuck around here for the lulz and then write about what they see here.

At any time, there are around 100 guests browsing FJ, at least in Snark. I wouldn't doubt some of them are reporters looking for juicy gossip, or just journalists who fuck around here for the lulz and then write about what they see here.

HAI REPORTERZ!!!!111

It's always been on there hasn't it? Did they put the blanket training stuff back up?

When I tell people the Duggars water down their beliefs to look good on TV and suck people in they are shocked.

Looks as if they're laying the groundwork for post-TLC. They're clearly going to market themselves on the speakers' circuit as what they actually are, not they way they're portrayed on TLC.

Looks as if they're laying the groundwork for post-TLC. They're clearly going to market themselves on the speakers' circuit as what they actually are, not they way they're portrayed on TLC.

Iwould LOVE to see the Duggars TLC free, They could say anything. I'm almost afraid of how they'll act then.

It's always been on there hasn't it? Did they put the blanket training stuff back up?

When I tell people the Duggars water down their beliefs to look good on TV and suck people in they are shocked.

It was on their very first, pre-duggarfamily.com domain website, then it was off again. Then they posted the Amazon Blitz and, even though the promotional period is over, they've left it up.

So many people think that the kids smiling means they're happy. There's a misunderstanding about how a cult works. In a cult, people learn to do what you tell them. Jonestown didn't happen by everyone having poison forced into their mouths. They had drills to train them to do as they were told without thinking. If cult training can be used to get people to kill themselves, it sure as hell can be used to teach kids to smile whenever there's a camera nearby.

Also Southerners are well-known for being able to lay on the sugar thickly over a layer of venom. "Bless his/her/your heart" is a well-known passive-aggressive phrase used to excuse insults. It runs deeper than that though. (Nothing against all Southerners - plenty are truly kind people who can't stand the saccharine. But I think you all know the kind I mean. The fake-nice as a veneer.) I'll bet Jchelle can be a really catty bitch when the cameras are off.

Iwould LOVE to see the Duggars TLC free, They could say anything. I'm almost afraid of how they'll act then.

Maybe, once the cameras are off, some of the older girls will no longer be afraid to ditch that hellhole. If the show's done anything good, it's enabled those girls to have experiences they wouldn't have had otherwise because viewers would only watch so much of the frumpers and staying one perming their hair. They got the chance to be trendier and do things other fundies wouldn't have gotten to, and you can bet your bottom dollar those girls would have ended up like the Bates girls otherwise. So maybe they'll use their experiences to jump ship since they won't be emotionally blackmailed and manipulated into having to show the family as "perfect" week after week.

You might be surprised by how often forum posts from this website are quoted on other sites, even attributing the discovery of links to this forum. Here is a ChicagoNow link : http://www.chicagonow.com/running-with- ... ild-abuse/ that quotes a post by someone recalling MIchelle being the guest in a guest-chat of an old forum pre-fame, and she admitted using rulers, but once fame came, suddenly the archive of that chat was scrubbed clean.

I wrote that when I was still regularly posting on FJ, and was definitely pissed about J-Chelle's behavior regarding Josie and a whole bunch of other things...as is pretty evident from the blog post, ha.

Sorry I've been gone for a while (but my husband still lurks here--twas how I found out about the fact my blog post was being shared). I had to take a break because of A) depression B) schoolwork C) I was honestly starting to get triggered by some of the fundie stories, causing me to have more anxiety and PTSD issues. So, I took a prolonged break. Maybe once my meds are up to speed I'll join up again...but popped in to say thanks for sharing my blog post. It's so nice to see that it's still useful for people--makes me feel good :)

Maybe, once the cameras are off, some of the older girls will no longer be afraid to ditch that hellhole. If the show's done anything good, it's enabled those girls to have experiences they wouldn't have had otherwise because viewers would only watch so much of the frumpers and staying one perming their hair. They got the chance to be trendier and do things other fundies wouldn't have gotten to, and you can bet your bottom dollar those girls would have ended up like the Bates girls otherwise. So maybe they'll use their experiences to jump ship since they won't be emotionally blackmailed and manipulated into having to show the family as "perfect" week after week.

We can only hope. I don't know how many times I've been tempted to drive to the compound and rescue one of those kids.

I think just the opposite. Once TLC spotlight is off, they'll revert to their Gothard/ATI/blanket training fundamentalism. Older girls will be married off, whether they like it or not.

Guest Anonymous

Oh now this is just too good to be true! I just sent the link to my anti-corporal punishment cousin who believes the Duggars can do no wrong. She's in for a rude awakening! :shock:

I posted this on the other thread -- mods may want to merge.

In any case, this page:

http://www.duggarfamily.com/content/amazon_blitz

which has the endorsement of NGJ, is from a sale that happened last summer. Scroll down and you'll see that it ran for three days in June, 2011.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get to that page, or anything that recommends the Pearls, from the current Duggar home page. If you click on "store," it goes here:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/ ... &sp=113637

These folks carry some Pearl stuff, but don't seem to have TTUAC.

They do have the "Jumping Ship" book, though -- does anyone know if it is as heinous as TTUAC? There is a preview on the site, which is pretty offensive, but doesn't get into whipping and guilting killing spirits, in those few pages:

http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/ ... ction=Next

I think it's more telling that TTUAC and a full endorsement of NGJ was there before the shit hit the fan for the Pearls, and now seems to be gone. I think the Duggars want to continue to hide what they really do and believe.

Archived