IGNORED

Racism?, belly bump and fundy bathing suits with the Sanders

ladypuglover

So much snark but when they said the Italians were there, did they mean as a last name or a race?

Lise's belly bump already?

And so much fundy wear at the beach.

.refinersfireforge.com/blog/

We went and dropped by the S.’s house after leaving the beach. Mr. S. is the one who did the ICF walls for our house.

What are ICF walls?

Their non-bathing suits are better than the Wholesome Wear the Duggars and Bates' use. It looks like two of the girls are actually wearing loose shorts?

I think he must use one arm more than the other. ;-)
cue the picture of a merman with one arm with a big muscle

AHAHAHAHA thank you for making me laugh!!!!

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but though Grace HAS worn shorts/pants before, she's far more likely to be photographed in a skirt in the last year or so than her older sisters. Aside from her obvious skirt/legging weird combo, I wouldn't consider what the other girls are wearing to be fundy bathing suits at all. They're wearing tank tops and shorts for a day at the beach in February - personally I'd probably have worn more than that when I lived in the South.

I did wonder about that shot with Lise, but I can't tell if it's just a bad combo of light/the lay of her shirt/posture - ie, if she would have looked like she had a bump even if she weren't pregnant. God knows my stomach can look like that on its own.

The Campanas call themselves The Italians. They're apparently very proud of their heritage, though I have no idea how recent it actually is. And I can't stand them in general. But I've known non-Fundies who're all up about their Italian (or Irish, or Scottish) background as well.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, blatant racism there. If they know the family why not just refer to them by name? Is it just me or do the people in the first few pictures look unhappy? I kind of liked the wedding dress with the sparkly red trim, but I hate that arm/shoulder covering Now that I think about it, I thought fundie brides were supposed to white only wedding dresses??

The Campana's are universally known as The Italians by everyone they know. The girls look to be wearing normal clothes, just into the water. For all of Grace's older tomboyish pictures, she seems to have gotten much more skirts only. She's the only one never in jeans/cargo pants.

Their non-bathing suits are better than the Wholesome Wear the Duggars and Bates' use. It looks like two of the girls are actually wearing loose shorts?

In some ways, I think that they are more modest. They are not calling attention to themselves by wearing normal clothing. I think the duggars wear wholesome wear just so they can say look at us we are more righteous then you because we are not showing the men anything. I think that the duggars may even have problems with their own body images and thats why they have to draw so much attention to the fact that they are dressed differently. I also question their confidence about their religion. It seems like they have to justify it and make others look bad to make themselves look good. I think that if they had confidence then they would not be rubbing it into everyone noses all the time. They would do what they had to do and leave everyone else to god. This is kind of off topic so I will end the threadjack now. :text-threadjacked:

In some ways, I think that they are more modest. They are not calling attention to themselves by wearing normal clothing. I think the duggars wear wholesome wear just so they can say look at us we are more righteous then you because we are not showing the men anything. I think that the duggars may even have problems with their own body images and thats why they have to draw so much attention to the fact that they are dressed differently. I also question their confidence about their religion. It seems like they have to justify it and make others look bad to make themselves look good. I think that if they had confidence then they would not be rubbing it into everyone noses all the time. They would do what they had to do and leave everyone else to god. This is kind of off topic so I will end the threadjack now. :text-threadjacked:

I agree, they look more modest and more normal. Even I wear board shorts and a tank top into the water over my suit, and I'm not even fundie. :lol: Regardless though, they're a cute little family. I'd never seen them before now.

I think the ling board shorts and modest tanks are a great way to go to the beach and go swimming. Just wanted to note that a long wet skirt clinging to ones body when getting out of the water (or jumping in the air) is NOT modest.

Well, the last 2 times that I went to the beach (yesterday and in January) I wore more than those girls! (Jeans, Tshirt, hoodie) They look fine for a day hanging out at the beach on a none summer day (tanks/shorts/skirts for the girls and the boys in board shorts and rash guards).

Archived