IGNORED

Brandy starts over, all over again.

oscar

Hold the fucking presses :o This is one of her latest comments:

We discuss things openly and honestly. Gabriella knows about my drug use, Jason's heavy alcohol use, how I wasn't a virgin when I married Jason ... just for example.

Why the HELL does her child know all of that (especially the virginity part)?!?! How old is she? I was thinking only 6. If so, that is ridiculous. Call me a prude or whatever, but it's ridiculous!

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another:

Hannah has a little blanket on the floor that she falls asleep on, then I carry her on into the bedroom {don't want her waking Jason while she's working on falling asleep.

So her 3 year old has to go to sleep on the nasty floor so she doesn't wake her father while she's trying to drift off? What the fuck is wrong with this chic?

(can you tell I'm just discovering the wonders of Brandy?) :shock:

I asked her a question, and I think she's online now because another response to a question just popped up. She hasn't answered mine yet. The questions thus far aren't that interesting, IMO, but whatever. At least she's being polite so far.

All right, fj'ers, now's your chance! She even specifically calls us out!

themanydailyblessings.blogspot.com/

I was gonna Kindle tonight, its a stormy day, but if Brandy would pay us a visit I'd be happy to change my plans.

edited to add: I'm going blind and I would appreciate Brandy understanding visual issues many of us have and provide a higher contrast for folks with vision problems.

It seems to be a ploy to up the traffic to her new blog.

She gets Free Jingerites coming over to ask questions. And she knows that there is a good chance that these questions will provoke controversy, leading to more page hits.

And she also gets her Christian blogger friends and their connections flocking over to see her persecution and defend her from it.

It seems to be working for her.

It seems to be a ploy to up the traffic to her new blog.

She gets Free Jingerites coming over to ask questions. And she knows that there is a good chance that these questions will provoke controversy, leading to more page hits.

And she also gets her Christian blogger friends and their connections flocking over to see her persecution and defend her from it.

It seems to be working for her.

Is her blog monetized?

I don't know if it's monetised, but she seems to me to be seeking attention more than financial gain.

Ya think? ;)

Sadly, Brandy is pretty damn boring unless she's pre or post flip-flop.

I found it pretty snark-worthy that she went from defending the co-sleeping with "it's what we like. It just WORKS for us", to basically saying they live in a dicey neighborhood and they feel safer that way.

Ya think? ;)

Sadly, Brandy is pretty damn boring unless she's pre or post flip-flop.

I found it pretty snark-worthy that she went from defending the co-sleeping with "it's what we like. It just WORKS for us", to basically saying they live in a dicey neighborhood and they feel safer that way.

I don't even care what their reasoning is...a 3 year old shouldn't be put to "bed" on the floor every night even if the DO move her later. Her husband needs to suck it the hell up and deal.

Why is he walking to work btw? Do neither of them drive or do the just not have a car?

I asked a question and her response made me kind of like Brandy. And then her daughter sleeping on the floor quickly put paid to that.

Hold the fucking presses :o This is one of her latest comments:

Why the HELL does her child know all of that (especially the virginity part)?!?! How old is she? I was thinking only 6. If so, that is ridiculous. Call me a prude or whatever, but it's ridiculous!

OMG. You are not a prude. They are not treating their child like a child. Which sucks for her.

I don't even care what their reasoning is...a 3 year old shouldn't be put to "bed" on the floor every night even if the DO move her later. Her husband needs to suck it the hell up and deal.

Why is he walking to work btw? Do neither of them drive or do the just not have a car?

They don't have a car.

OMG. You are not a prude. They are not treating their child like a child. Which sucks for her.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. That's just nuts to me.

I just don't get the "ask me questions!" thing that Brandy and visiting fundies do. Maybe it's because I'm an ex-fundie myself, so I feel like I already know what they're going to say. Of course Brandy thinks that her current "path" is the absolute best and final decision, and of course she wants to defend it and put the most positive spin on everything. It's not about genuine dialogue or listening. Meh. I know that script and I don't have any questions, thanks.

I just don't get the "ask me questions!" thing that Brandy and visiting fundies do. Maybe it's because I'm an ex-fundie myself, so I feel like I already know what they're going to say. Of course Brandy thinks that her current "path" is the absolute best and final decision, and of course she wants to defend it and put the most positive spin on everything. It's not about genuine dialogue or listening. Meh. I know that script and I don't have any questions, thanks.

I agree with an earlier poster that I think the ask me post was a way for her to get more page views. Additionally I think she feels the need to defend her choices, probably even to herself, because on some level she likely know they have been hurting her children.

Brandy has her 'home' tour up for those that are interested. Great buckets of grain, there is a computer station, kitchen table and mattresses on the floor. I think she took interior decorating lessons from Emily.

She is full of preemptive excuses/explanations/reasons.

Pretty sad, as is typical. She is discussed in one thread of a thousand, and for the first time in how long? And, it seems now her entire blog is for the benefit of FJ.

The tail is wagging the dog, simply by existing.

I won't comment on the home.

If I read 1 more of her ignorant comments my head may very well explode :angry-cussingblack:

There aren't many instances of God calling women into jobs outside of their homes in the Bible, actually. And while their may be instances of great women working outside of their homes in history, I couldn't be certain if it was God's doing or not. All I know is what the Bible says ... and that is that a woman's place is in her home, taking care of the home and children and educating their own children.

You don't need a strong educational background in order to provide in case you're widowed ... or to provide a solid education for your children. That's feminist propaganda garbage.

I never went to college. Yet, if something were to happen to my wonderful husband, I would be able to provide for my children if needed {and I'm not talking of a minimum wage job, either -- though a body could certainly live off of minimum wage if they're not chasing after worldly pursuits. It would be easy to get certified, again, as a CNA, if needed}.

*BUT*, the Biblical way is that his or her family step in to help so the mother can still stay home. Or that the Church step up.

And I provide my children a solid education without the aid of a college education as well. As I said, self-education does wonders.

Unless you're a man {or, I guess, a woman until married} who's entering the medical field or maybe the law field .... then yes, college is a waste of money. You can learn all you want to learn {except in those few fields} at home, via internet and books readily available, without paying tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars for someone else to teach it to you.

Quite honestly, a trade school {carpentry, cooking, welding, whatnot} would be preferential in either case. Cheaper. And you're not being filled with all sorts of useless fluff {and anti-Biblical garbage} you don't always need for your career {as you would in college} ... you're focused solely on learning a trade that you can have the rest of your life.

So, like I said ... a class here or there, probably no problem. Most likely through an at-home site {such as College Plus, maybe}. Full-time college? Something that'd take some serious fasting and prayer to see if it is definitely of God.

God's ways are always best.

If I read 1 more of her ignorant comments my head may very well explode :angry-cussingblack:

It's like she hasn't even read the bible she claims to believe in. Besides that, this response is just heartbreaking to me. She's never been to college, so clearly her children will never need it! The liberal arts are "just fluff"! (As if she even knows what she's talking about - she didn't go to college!) I hope those girls GTFO, get a GED, and enroll in college as soon as they hit 18.

It's like she hasn't even read the bible she claims to believe in. Besides that, this response is just heartbreaking to me. She's never been to college, so clearly her children will never need it! The liberal arts are "just fluff"! (As if she even knows what she's talking about - she didn't go to college!) I hope those girls GTFO, get a GED, and enroll in college as soon as they hit 18.

They have that option. Brandy clearly states that their families disagree with everything and that's one of the reasons they moved away. So, when her daughter's make their own choices, they can move away to get away from their disapproving family.

I just think it's terribly sad that *she* is already making her daughter's choices for them. Of course, this is the pretty standard fundie way, but I honestly can't wait until some of these kids grow up and make their own plans for their own lives. Odds are, at least some of them will. Who or when, who knows. But, I don't doubt it will happen. And I hope like hell it happens with Brandy's kids. They deserve more in life than the existence their parents have chosen and chosen for them.

This really sounds like sour grapes to me; she didn't go to college, so a college education is fluff.

She says she wouldn't be stuck with a minimum wage job because she could renew her CNA certification ? Um, minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, and when I started as a CNA in 2008 I was making $9.00 an hour. The most I made as a CNA was $10.75. It may not be minimum wage, but it is too way close to it for comfort in my opinion.

She says she wouldn't be stuck with a minimum wage job because she could renew her CNA certification ? Um, minimum wage is $7.25 an hour, and when I started as a CNA in 2008 I was making $9.00 an hour. The most I made as a CNA was $10.75. It may not be minimum wage, but it is too way close to it for comfort in my opinion.

I was thinking this myself. I have several friends who are CNAs and the pay is pretty low, plus many hospitals here have cut hours or staff so many of them are working at nursing homes which pay even less than the local hospitals.

I thin it's sad when people who have never gone to college write these posts about it, because the parts they run down are what I got the most from. Even when I was at a fundie college, I learned more from the classroom discussion and the experience of being away from home and around people from so many different backgrounds and life experiences than I did from the curriculum itself.

Also, I know a lot of SAHMs and several of them are using their degrees to work from home. Having a degree can mean the difference from working at home for $3 an hour and spending tons of time away from your family and being able to bring in a decent supplemental income with a few hours a day with some of the at-home jobs available for people with higher education.

That house tour was nothing more than a bunch of clutter stuffed into closets and on bookshelves, with little furniture.

ETA: Also, Glenn Beck is not a historian.

Archived