IGNORED

Brandy starts over, all over again.

oscar

Don't they live in a very rural town in Wyoming and neither she nor her husband drive so they don't really go too many places that aren't within walking distance IIRC. I know she would post about her husband walking to her work and I can only imagine how living that secluded effects her children.

How can you live in a huge state without good public transport and not drive? I'm not snarking, I'm just really amazed. Is that normal for the rural US?

• Replies 639
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can you live in a huge state without good public transport and not drive? I'm not snarking, I'm just really amazed. Is that normal for the rural US?

In typical Brandy and Jason fashion, they trekked out to Wyoming because they decided that they were supposed to be homesteading. No planning, no forethought. Which is why they are now in a trailer several miles out of the town where Jason works, no car. I believe that his job is pretty low-paying, so I have no idea how they think they're actually going to be able to purchase land to become godly homesteaders.

Also what irks me about this is they were in New England with Jason's family before they cooked up this latest plan, where they had a support system and probably a lot more consistency for the girls then they do now. But, you see, Jason's family wasn't as godly as they are, so they had to leave.

I can't overstate how much I disagree with the educational neglect Brandy inflicts upon her kids in the guise of "unschooling," but it seems like the family's extreme doctrinal and lifestyle shifts exist more substantially in word than in deed. I mean, how many times has Brandy written manifestos on What They Now Believe and Why, and then a little while later, she writes about how she didn't actually do any of the things she'd talked about, and then she wipes the slate clean with another reinvention?

I doubt the reality of her children's daily lives changes much from incarnation to incarnation. They "unschool" themselves while Brandy dicks around on the computer, alienated from friends, relatives and community. It's sad.

I hope you're right. I suppose you probably are. For the drastic turns they claim to make, I don't see how any of it can truly be implemented in any real fashion before they move on to something else. I also see Brandy as you sated, dicking around online all day while she chooses not to educate her children. That's actually how/why they change their mind so much, or a contributing factor. Her only interaction with people is online. She reads blogs and gets all gung ho to emulate some woman who she decides is worth idolizing - that morning, at least. There is no real person to talk to or bounce ideas off or say 'what the fuck? No, that's not a good idea'. So, whatever seems like a good idea without other input becomes her reality, until the next idea comes along.

I stopped even trying to follow them after the last blog bust that was, as always, accompanied by Twitter and Facebook closes/changes. They were all into growing dreads and tattoos and being Christian hippies, or whatever. I couldn't take it. Now, since she came up here, I tried her sites again last night. Twitter is gone again, the latest blog incarnation posts are gone, No updates on Facebook, dreads and tats are removed from Pintrest and just days ago, she posted a new profile picture to her personal FB page that she gives up and restarts as often as everything else, without anything resembling dreads; smooth, combed hair. None of that is news to anyone or surprising. It's just so damn sad and pathetic. If they want to be aimless and fickle in their own lives, that's one thing, but they have kids. Those kids didn't ask to be born and they deserve more and better than they'll ever get. That makes me very, very sad and I just can't keep watching. They need some very real, very intense, very non-negotiable help in their lives. Without it, they're going to keep drifting. Hell, that list posted says they're moving again ( the count of cities/states). Where now? Why? With what money and for what reason? I'm sure god told them where to go and what to do and it's not a decision they've made themselves, but really, if I were their god I'd be getting pissed with him telling me to move all over the country on a whim with no purpose or means and never being able to make a real home and grow roots for my family.

Whhhhhhhat the fuck? I so don't remember that list of Jesus wanting to hang out with her and drink Pepsi Throwback and watch "The Walking Dead". And I hate Pinterest. It makes you look like a douche. Yay, you LIKE something...good for you!!!

ETA: Sometimes, when I'm having a bad day at work I actually picture Jason riding his bike with all those cases of pop precariously balanced on the handlebars... I know, I'm a mean hag...

If they want to be aimless and fickle in their own lives, that's one thing, but they have kids. Those kids didn't ask to be born and they deserve more and better than they'll ever get. That makes me very, very sad and I just can't keep watching. They need some very real, very intense, very non-negotiable help in their lives. Without it, they're going to keep drifting. Hell, that list posted says they're moving again ( the count of cities/states). Where now? Why? With what money and for what reason? I'm sure god told them where to go and what to do and it's not a decision they've made themselves, but really, if I were their god I'd be getting pissed with him telling me to move all over the country on a whim with no purpose or means and never being able to make a real home and grow roots for my family.

I think it's really convenient that when they were in an environment that seemed equipped to provide a little logic and sensibility, they fled to the other end of the country because "god told them to". :roll:

Granted, this is a blog, and of course we're only getting whatever parts of the story the blog author is deciding to share with the public, but it's a goddamn shame imo that those kids were yanked out of an environment that potentially could have done them quite a bit of good and packed off to the freakin' middle of nowhere.

Oh come on, those kids are getting a fantastic education. Brandy and Jason have several hundred books!

Oh come on, those kids are getting a fantastic education. Brandy and Jason have several hundred books!

Books are kindling if you don't know how to read them. But I would imagine their kids are learning to read just by looking at the books. Jesus is making sure of that.

Pshsh. Looking? They're learning just by being in the same space. Learning by osmosis-it's the essence of unschooling.

I've only known about Brandy for about 6 months and this is at least her third reincarnation.

I had never come across this one before

but its like the definition of a double U turn (W)

poor kids

Its odd having so much need and time to define oneself to the world

Which you are part of.. or apart from.. or despite of

or something

(you dont seem to know)

but the wider world needs to hear it now!

tis odd she doesnt concentrate more on just being...

Yes, I fondly remember when she made her "art" cards, and took out all the artists that she didn't know.

:?

Yes, I fondly remember when she made her "art" cards, and took out all the artists that she didn't know.

:?

You mean those nobodies, like Cezanne and Klimt?

I've been waiting for a resurface. You guys are much better at finding these things. Any news? I only follow a handful of fundies and with Brandy gone and my others not updating much, I am in need of news!

I think she has BPD since it sounds a lot like myself before I started meds and was stable I would go from hardcore fundie, hippie, then atheist and rinse, wash, and repeat. I hope for her kid's sake the parents find some stability.

themanydailyblessings.blogspot.com/

This is my very first post on FJ so I hope I broke up the link correctly. Brandy is up and blogging again, again.

37. We’d love to go to New Zealand.

I'm torn between "NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WE DON'T WANT HER!!!" and "Ooooh, I might get to see one of the fundies from FJ!"

Brandys new blog first post is putting out a slew of apologies to various bloggers including Candy. Some of them have responded in quotes section accepting her apology. Here blog side links are all home making stay at home type blogs. Money says Brand is going back down the road of fundamental Christianity.

Brandys new blog first post is putting out a slew of apologies to various bloggers including Candy. Some of them have responded in quotes section accepting her apology. Here blog side links are all home making stay at home type blogs. Money says Brand is going back down the road of fundamental Christianity.

For a few months, or weeks, until their god tells them something else they need a week away from the Internet to get right with their god and come back online swinging.

They are unstable and I believe ill. They need help and they'll never get it and that makes me very sad for their children but for them, too. There is so much help available and they ignore it all for the sake of their favorite blogger of the week.

This is my very first post on FJ so I hope I broke up the link correctly. Brandy is up and blogging again, again.

Oh, goody! Thanks for locating this so I can continue to witness the crazy!

I knew I could count on someone on FJ to track her down!!

I knew I could count on someone on FJ to track her down!!

So, should we take bets on how long this version of Brandy & Jason is going to last? They're on about a 3 month schedule lately. I really, really wish they had a relative or other person - in real life, not from the Internet - who would help them stop the insanity.

Archived