IGNORED

Even 34 year old SAHD are childen.

doggie

She's technically not even a SAHD. She's got her own kid and a husband she's seperated from.

that's why I said she was not but she is treated like one.

Even if this is from a time long past, I can see it happening today amongst fundie families. Think of all of our favorite SAHDs around here, and then think of their dads. They might not be getting spanked but they are still very much seen as children just because they haven't acquired a new headship yet.

Even if this is from a time long past, I can see it happening today amongst fundie families. Think of all of our favorite SAHDs around here, and then think of their dads. They might not be getting spanked but they are still very much seen as children just because they haven't acquired a new headship yet.

At least Loretta took his ass to court-can you see any fundie daughter doing that? I'd love to know what ever became of her.

What a strange news story. Why is there a random mention of how seldom he has kissed his wife ? Very weird.

I saw the copy of the paper in the LA Times and the two bolded parts were not in that article. I was wondering if someone photoshopped that other article to make it look more bizarre. http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/thedail ... 05/page/2/

Yikes.

I have a 28-year-old facebook friend who lives at home. She was homeschooled, didn't finish college, never had a job. She recently was grounded from the internet by her father and then posted a day later that he "showed grace" to her and lifted her punishment early. So weird.

Well, it used to be that females were treated like minor children. They were under the rule of their fathers until marriage and under their husbands until death. In 1938, the father's behavior would probably be construed as odd, but not extreme since women were still seen as children and men head of households. What I find odd is that the women took the father to court!

I'm actually surprised that a woman would have taken her father to court for this in the 1930s. Seems like there would be shame involved in punishment, but also acceptance. (I suppose the only thing news-worthy about it was that she took him to court.)

Where did the 1930s ID come from? I tried to find more info, and it's hard, because, of course, this pulls up a lot of fetish stuff.

What a strange news story. Why is there a random mention of how seldom he has kissed his wife ? Very weird.

Yeah, I really think it is parody.

Archived