IGNORED

Sherry at "be a living sacrifice" strikes again!

Buzzard

Isn't her husband the one that sneaks off to Cuba to evangelize?

I'm pretty certain that he is.

Through her site, I found a pastor that dislikes female missionaries. Sherry responds in the comment section so I wonder if that is the pastor of whatever church she attends.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty certain that he is.

Through her site, I found a pastor that dislikes female missionaries. Sherry responds in the comment section so I wonder if that is the pastor of whatever church she attends.

Yeah, he goes on "dangerous" missions and they drive around the county mooching receiving love offerings from other churches to support their tea parties lifestyle. That whole family scares the shit out of me. I know we've said it before, but she has a distinct andrea yates vibe.

I cannot thank you enough, Buzzard, for this thread. I had seen this woman's blog months ago and couldn't remember the name of it. I last read about some baby shower she gave, and all her talk was about how the lord provided chicken for the sandwiches. There was a bunch of pink, Victorian crap all over the house. Little dolls, wicker. She is seriously out of it. I think she takes too much Xanax. Just my non-professional opinion.

I cannot thank you enough, Buzzard, for this thread. I had seen this woman's blog months ago and couldn't remember the name of it. I last read about some baby shower she gave, and all her talk was about how the lord provided chicken for the sandwiches. There was a bunch of pink, Victorian crap all over the house. Little dolls, wicker. She is seriously out of it. I think she takes too much Xanax. Just my non-professional opinion.

I need insulin every time I go to her blog. I couldn't imagine living in a house with that much lace and froth (and surprisingly I enjoy lace). How the fuck do you keep a place like that clean?

Isn't she the one who had the baby shower with the candles that were about to torch some gauze or something?

I agree...it sounds like she's desparately trying to justify her chosen lifestyle despiter her own feelings.

OI....that is A LOT of pink.

ETA something about this woman reminds me of Bette Davis in "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane."

I agree...it sounds like she's desparately trying to justify her chosen lifestyle despiter her own feelings.

OI....that is A LOT of pink.

ETA something about this woman reminds me of Bette Davis in "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane."

Saw that movie the other night. While I can't picture her serving her sister a dead pet bird for lunch, she does give off a living in a fantasy and desperate for attention look. This is especially true with the weird childlike white gowns she wears.

Saw that movie the other night. While I can't picture her serving her sister a dead pet bird for lunch, she does give off a living in a fantasy and desperate for attention look. This is especially true with the weird childlike white gowns she wears.

Yes, sans the dead pet bird lunch :o Otherwise, yes to all of that. When I was 10 I dreamed I was like Samantha from the American Girls books and desperately wanted a Victorian dress and a porcelain doll and to decorate my room with frilly stuff. But...I grew out of that.

I adore the color red, the deeper, the better. However, there is very little in my house that is red. IThere are people in my house who do not appreciate the color red. Also, I think that a little goes a long way. I've often thought that I would love to decorate with a dark red as an accent, but not have the entire room red.

It boggles my mind that a woman who writes about how love equals sacrifice can not comprehend that everyone does not appreciate the color pink

I need insulin every time I go to her blog. I couldn't imagine living in a house with that much lace and froth (and surprisingly I enjoy lace). How the fuck do you keep a place like that clean?

Isn't she the one who had the baby shower with the candles that were about to torch some gauze or something?

Yup, thats her. Its in the same post how she was SOOO sad and then got gave her shit to make a baby shower and isnt she SOOO awesome for pulling it off without spending money. Of course, its ok if other people spend money.

Dear Sherry, bite me.

So she is basically telling wives that their greatest purpose in life, what God made them for, is to be a living sex toy? A live blow up doll, if you will?

How the fuck do you keep a place like that clean?

By having an army of SAHDs that you need to keep busy! Gotta have them work to earn that PhD in housekeeping!

• 3 weeks later...

And she continues with Part 6 "respect - Love?"

She continues the BS about men and women being "wired" differently and rambles about

Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. Ephesians 5:33.

God gave men and women different instructions because thats how they're wired.

WHY? Because God knew that the man is wired in a way that causes him to feel most loved when he feels RESPECTED. When a man is not feeling respected…he does not feel loved! This can be very hard for us women to comprehend, it is so different from how we are wired!

Really? I respect my boss but I far from love him. I respect my next door neighbor but I dont love her. I highly doubt that it has anything to do with wiring.

How can you know when you have been disrespectful…check for ANGER.

The book “For Women Only†explains…â€in a relationship conflict, crying is often a women’s response to feeling unloved, and anger is often a man’s response to feeling disrespected. If you want confirmation of this, consider the extremely telling response from the survey. The majority of men said that in a conflict they were likely to be feeling disrespected. Whereas we girls are far more likely to be crying because we feel he doesn’t love us!â€

Is this a fucking book report? Do you have any actual opinions that someone else didnt put in your tiny little brain? Girls cry because people dont love us? Men feel disrespected in a conflict? What, did you tell him his pee pee was tiny? WTF!

Respect his Judgement.

You spelled Judgment wrong. I'm so glad you homeskool your kids and cant even fucking spellcheck your blog posts.

Sometimes the Lord will not change your husband’s heart because he wants to allow him to make a bad decision to teach him something through the consequences! If this happens you can trust the Lord to take care of you despite the bad decision your husband has made.

Riiiiiight. You should NEVER open your tiny female mouth (except to put a dick in it) to express an opinion or question your husband's divine decision! Let him make a mistake that impacts your children's future! Let him go buy that bridge! Let him drive through standing water! Its GODS WAY OF TEACHING HIM!. OH MY FUCKING GOD I CANT BELIEVE SHE CAN WALK AND TALK AT THE SAME TIME!!!

A positive way to show respect in this area is to refer to your husband first when making a decision. Ask for his opinions and what he would do in the situation, then do it and let him see how much you trust his judgement. This will go along way toward helping him feel your respect.

Do I want super or super plus tampons today, honey? How about breakfast, should I have oatmeal or a pop tart? Do I have to pee? I ask you this because I love and respect you.

Because of the way most men are wired, it is actually FUN to spend hours trying figure out how to build or fix something…or how to get somewhere without directions! J Almost all wives have become frustrated over these things at times, but if we can try to understand that this is a real need for men…the need to conquer! And that God wired them this way!

Right, again. Just let him drive around in the hood looking for that church... all will be well...

Remember the male need to be respected and affirmed, especially by his women? When we allow him to figure these things out for himself and wait patiently for him to conquer them, and then praise his efforts, we are affirming his manhood and to him we are saying, “I believe in you!â€

I'm sorry, but if your "man" is so insecure that he needs to put together shelving without directions just to feel like a man he needs to see a counselor, not to have you stand there smiling. In fact, pick up a fucking allen wrench and help out you stupid cunt.

I have found the best thing to do is to ask my husband what specific things I say and do that makes him feel that I am being disrespectful. This is so helpful in understanding how he feels. I have also asked him to kindly remind me when I forget and cross the line of disrespect. Then I don’t defend myself or make excuses…I simply apologize and he quickly forgives me because he can see by my effort that I am trying and I am sincere. This has done wonders in our relationship to keep our hearts so tender and close to one another, because there are no hidden offenses or unresolved conflicts, every little thing is taken care of immediately!

W: Honey, what have I dont today to disrespect you

H: Why the fuck do you keep asking me that?

W: I read a blog that says I have to prove that I respect you by asking you what I do wrong and what makes you feel like less of a man

H: Did I tell you to read that blog?

W: No

H: Did you ask me to read that blog?

H : So you just decided to read the blog?

W: Yes

H: So stop reading that moronic blog, it disrespects me.

W: Yes, dear.

One of the most important needs of men is to be respected by their wives in public. The book “For Women Only†says, “ there appears to be an epidemic of public disrespect for men, and the biggest culprit is not the television, movies, or other media, but the women who are supposed to love their men most.

AN EPIDEMIC!!! OMG!!! We need to call the CDC and see if theres a vaccine for that! Oh wait, we dont like vaccines! Whatever do we do!?!?!? Oh, right... dont speak... and definitely dont nag.

It is also a form of ungratefulness for all he has already done for you, and no one likes to be around ungrateful people. But the worst thing about nagging is that it does not display a meek and quite spirit.

…The ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price. 1 Peter 3:4

Right, if he wants to sit on the couch and watch bibletv while the kids' costco shelving is falling down so be it! Just smile!

A man’s need for admiration especially by the women he loves is so deep it can hardly be expressed in words! The proof of this fact has been proven over and over when a man’s heart has been stolen from his wife by another women who consistently showed him intense admiration!

Might I suggest a penis enlargement?

One husband’s plea: “my wife has to make me feel respected so that I can command respect out in the world. If she defeats me emotionally, I can’t win the race and bring home the prize for her.â€

Josh, is that you?

We wives must remember, we are not meant to be our husband’s MOTHER! To teach him, correct him, and rescue him from his failures! In time this will KILL THE ATTRACTION HE HAS FOR YOU! God meant for you to be his SWEETHEART and LOVER! The one who sees and thinks only the best of him. She respects and adores everything about him…she believes in him! This is such a deep and critical need for men! When you learn to love him in the way HE NEEDS you to by respecting, trusting and admiring him…he will be attracted to you like a MAGNET!

OMG you solved all the problems between men and women! :doh:

There is no way to seperate out love from respect. In order to really love someone, you must respect them.

I could not love a man who didn't respect me.

People who abuse their spouse claim to love them. They just don't respect their spouse enough to not hurt them.

W: Honey, what have I dont today to disrespect you

H: Why the fuck do you keep asking me that?

W: I read a blog that says I have to prove that I respect you by asking you what I do wrong and what makes you feel like less of a man

H: Did I tell you to read that blog?

H: Did you ask me to read that blog?

H : So you just decided to read the blog?

W: Yes

H: So stop reading that moronic blog, it disrespects me.

W: Yes, dear.

Yesh, that sounds like what my husband would say. Lordpuglover met me when I was trying to leave my abusive ex husband and through years of abuse from child abuse. My husband thankfully turned me around and through his support I am no longer a shrinking violet or afraid. It took him years but it just wasn't right for a person to shake in fear during a hug or holding hands. My husband has my deepest respect, love and everything else you can name. Why? Because he showed me that I can trust him and he really earned that trust.

this chick can bite me because I'm never going back to that kind of abuse again.

It is spring. The sun is shining. I am having a very nice day indeed. In the spirit of that joyful mood I decided not to immediately launch into a rant about how completely stupid Sherry's whole series on marriage is. Instead I decided to try and submit to my headship (a social experiment if you will). Here is our conversation IIRC:

me: Honey, have I told you today that I respect you?

headship: thanks, I respect you too

me: *stands looking at the headship - awaiting further instruction*

headship: I'm kind of busy, do you have anything else you need?

me: what should I do now - the house is clean, the meal is cooking, the laundry is done

headship: I know those things are done - I did them - seriously, I am busy ,what do you want

me: *waving hand at laptop where Sherry's article is on the screen* this woman says men NEED to lead and advises me to ask you what you want me to do

headship: I need you to figure it out yourself -handle it, now let me finish my work *gets up from his desk and ushers me out of his office*

And so ended my one and only foray into the world of fundie submission.

It is spring. The sun is shining. I am having a very nice day indeed. In the spirit of that joyful mood I decided not to immediately launch into a rant about how completely stupid Sherry's whole series on marriage is. Instead I decided to try and submit to my headship (a social experiment if you will). Here is our conversation IIRC:

me: Honey, have I told you today that I respect you?

headship: thanks, I respect you too

me: *stands looking at the headship - awaiting further instruction*

headship: I'm kind of busy, do you have anything else you need?

me: what should I do now - the house is clean, the meal is cooking, the laundry is done

headship: I know those things are done - I did them - seriously, I am busy ,what do you want

me: *waving hand at laptop where Sherry's article is on the screen* this woman says men NEED to lead and advises me to ask you what you want me to do

headship: I need you to figure it out yourself -handle it, now let me finish my work *gets up from his desk and ushers me out of his office*

And so ended my one and only foray into the world of fundie submission.

And that's precisely the breakdown. REAL men don't need women to convince them they're men. They can hold their own. They don't need you to constantly remind them how awesome they are. The very fact that you CHOOSE to stay and that you're happy makes THEM happy.

I told my husband that this woman on her blog thinks I need to ask him, as my headship, for direction in everything I do.

Me: So, what do you want me to do?

Him: Stop reading that blog.

• 1 month later...

Oh sweet baby jesus wrapped in pink... she did it AGAIN! The level of puke in this one is beyond all she's done before. I hadly know where to begin!

bealivingsacrifice.blogspot.com/

This time our sage has offered us a 'peek into the female heart' which, of course, begins with ripping apart pretty flowers to determine if he loves me... um, HOW ABOUT YOU JUST FUCKING ASK HIM!?

God wired the women to see and experience all of life through her emotions…her feelings. A woman’s feelings are just as strong and real to her as the real facts are to men, and many times it is very difficult for her to distinguish her feelings from reality. God wired her with these intense emotions to be equipped for her role as a mother, to nurture and comfort babies and children.

Wait, WHAT? Logic and thought is impossible for a woman? We have to FEEL everything? Well fuck, someone needs to check my chromosomes again...

If she’s upset, realize she doesn’t need space, she needs a hug: in the book “For men Onlyâ€, the majority of women agreed with this response: “Instead of getting upset and leaving me alone to “calm down,†I really just want him to come close and give me a huge hug and hold me and let me know he loves me and wants me to feel better again.

Hmm, ok. I'm mad because he didnt put the dishes away, left the kitchen a mess, left his socks on the floor, ate all my ice cream, let the kids run outside naked in january... right. I totally need a hug. Absolutely. It has nothing to do with remedying the situation, just hug me and everything will be fine. Bitch.

There is no greater way to meet your wife’s deepest need to feel loved by you than to be willing to die for her! And nothing more ROMANTIC! But how often in our lives as American Christians does a husband have a situation where he can prove that he is willing to die for his wife? Not very often!

Are you fucking kidding me? I honestly dont want anyone dying for me! I dont think thats even a little romantic and certainly not something thats a turn on. WHen the lights are turned down low and the candles glow... just lean over and whisper in my ear "I'd die for you!"... watch me elbow you right the fuck in the nose. You want romance? Get me some fucking chocolate and massage oil!

She wants and needs you to be…her HERO! A husband who loves his wife this way will make it easy for her to submit to him because she feels that he truly loves her.

:puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front::puke-front:

I cant read anymore!

My husband' is a tad bit more affectionate then me. That is okay but sometimes it is difficult for him to understand that I need to be alone. There are times when I am mad and I need to sort through my own thoughts without interference. A hug at that moment would just piss me off more.

Women are not carbon copies of one another. Can you imagine having her for a MIL? Her helpful advice to her son would probably end up getting him divorced.

I don't understand where all this talk of dying for women comes from. Is it the Vision Forum's Titanic Celebration or have they been listening to the Bruno Mars song, Grenade? Seriously, just do the dishes and promise to bring me a cup of coffee now and then. I'm happy with that. I'd rather my husband live until we're both in our nineties.

I find it amazing that fundies males' "manliness" is so easily endangered by the actions or non-action ;) of his wife. Good grief. These people are absolutely ridiculous.

riffle

Why are they unable to comprehend the simple fact that not all people are the same? Every person, like every circumstance, is different and has a million factors that contribute to it. You simply cannot make a blanket rule or statement and have it apply to everyone!

At the risk of repeating myself today - at any point, are couples advised to sit down for a heart-to-heart talk? Actually communicating works better than having sex while angry and resentful.

That drivel is from a book called Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. It is a pukingly simplistic book that claims that in order to have the "perfect" marriage, a woman needs "love" and a man needs "respect". It's very popular around here with the fundy and fundy-lite crowd. A friend of mine who had gone to the conference offered at her church flipped out when I told her it was a bunch of simplistic drivel.

The "class" was offered at my church right up until I got my hands on a copy of the book and read it through. A 15 page critique of the book later, it was pulled. I sat down with one of our ministers and went through the book with him along with my objections (thoroughly cross referenced to journals and other media from experts). It does not deal with REALITY.

Maybe that's why I couldn't make it in the fundy world...I'd MUCH rather be respected than loved. I'm not some simpering, shrinking violet who needs my man to "love" me and treat me like I were some fragile thing. Not to mention, my marriage does not fall into the "fundy-typical" category.

Archived