IGNORED

Leandro and Jocelyn UPDATE

far_go

Just speculation on my part, but I think the Dixons are led by a heavy-handed matriarch. I get the impression that Mr. Dixon doesn't have a lot of say in what goes on in their lives. I bet that Jacque and Jocelyn are running that show.

I used to follow their blogs until they closed down Amanda's old blog by force (how's that for controlling? yikes) and for all that they preach about submission, Jacque seems like the least submissive wife ever. She's definitely running the show with Jocelyn as #2 since Amanda left. They used to be much more normal - still fundie but not you know, insane.

I wonder how long Jocelyn's blog will be down.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to follow their blogs until they closed down Amanda's old blog by force (how's that for controlling? yikes) and for all that they preach about submission, Jacque seems like the least submissive wife ever. She's definitely running the show with Jocelyn as #2 since Amanda left. They used to be much more normal - still fundie but not you know, insane.

For sure Jacque is in charge. Apparently she just sits around the house ordering the kids to do chores and "school" while her husband is at work. And from what I've heard, Mr. Dixon is a very soft-spoken man, not the domineering crazy type. It seems he just goes with the flow of things while Jacque wears the pants in the family.

For sure Jacque is in charge. Apparently she just sits around the house ordering the kids to do chores and "school" while her husband is at work. And from what I've heard, Mr. Dixon is a very soft-spoken man, not the domineering crazy type. It seems he just goes with the flow of things while Jacque wears the pants in the family.

That's my impression of Mr Dixon too. I've heard he wasn't too happy about leaving the US. I think Jacque is mentally ill, to be honest. Sad all round (apart from Amanda escaping).

That's my impression of Mr Dixon too. I've heard he wasn't too happy about leaving the US. I think Jacque is mentally ill, to be honest. Sad all round (apart from Amanda escaping).

That's the conclusion by myself and others who have had the unfortunate pleasure of incurring the rage of Jacque. She honestly to me seems like she is suffering from a form of paranoid schizophrenia with her delusions of persecution and needing to "flee" the United States because its something rational people just don't do. Unfortunately its the kids who are suffering and if you look at photos its easy to see how thin they have gotten since leaving and are trying to survive in a country that's almost next to impossible to survive in without making proper preparations.

Wait, WHAT? How the heck did they do that? I've never followed Jocelyn, but I can't fathom how someone could force another person to shut down a blog other than legal action? They did that to a member of a family? WTF?!

That's the conclusion by myself and others who have had the unfortunate pleasure of incurring the rage of Jacque. She honestly to me seems like she is suffering from a form of paranoid schizophrenia with her delusions of persecution and needing to "flee" the United States because its something rational people just don't do. She made Costa Rica seem like a safe haven and just jumped at the chance to go without planning or employment lined up and its not hard to see that the kids are sickly and thin looking in photos its just all around sad.

What did you say/do to make her mad? Just curious. She needs to get help, badly. I feel sorry for Jocelyn but hopefully this second broken betrothal has been a wake-up call.

Wait, WHAT? How the heck did they do that? I've never followed Jocelyn, but I can't fathom how someone could force another person to shut down a blog other than legal action? They did that to a member of a family? WTF?!

Amanda had left home and was using her blog from her grandma's house, but Jacque shut it down as she had the password etc. Jacque appears to be a huge control freak, especially since Amanda was an adult by then.

What did you say/do to make her mad? Just curious. She needs to get help, badly. I feel sorry for Jocelyn but hopefully this second broken betrothal has been a wake-up call.

She saw people as being either with her or against her when her oldest moved out and if she deemed you as not taking her side she would send you passive aggressive fb messages telling you that you need to make it right with the Lord blah, blah, blah, repeat.

Sounds about right for Jacque. She is very passive-aggressive, although since the CR move and the Amanda stuff I think more people saw through the Good Christian Woman act.

Amanda had left home and was using her blog from her grandma's house, but Jacque shut it down as she had the password etc. Jacque appears to be a huge control freak, especially since Amanda was an adult by then.

Wow. Just when I think I've seen it all with fundies, and nothing else could possibly faze and or surprise me, I find something else that pisses me the hell off.

:shock:

Sounds about right for Jacque. She is very passive-aggressive, although since the CR move and the Amanda stuff I think more people saw through the Good Christian Woman act.

I know Jacque seemed pretty tight with other people who bought into the "torah observant" Christian stuff and also moved down to CR, but most seemed to have dropped her as a friend since she doesn't really post about "fellowshipping" like they did when they first moved down there. It's funny how Jacque saw America as Babylon (as stated in one of paranoid fb messages) and was throwing her way of "godly living" in everyone's faces yet it seems to have backfied big time and people aren't silently sitting by watching any longer.

I know Jacque seemed pretty tight with other people who bought into the "torah observant" Christian stuff and also moved down to CR, but most seemed to have dropped her as a friend since she doesn't really post about "fellowshipping" like they did when they first moved down there. It's funny how Jacque saw America as Babylon (as stated in one of paranoid fb messages) and was throwing her way of "godly living" in everyone's faces yet it seems to have backfied big time and people aren't silently sitting by watching any longer.

Honestly I think the Amanda stuff might have turned more people off....I know some awesome Torah Observant people but I don't know anyone else who would treat an adult daughter like that. I figured that they lost contact with other US expats when they moved to the new house in CR though? I'm not surprised it's gone so badly though, and that moving back to the US is probably their only legal option left.

Every online group or community Jacque was involved in, she couldn't get along with people and ended up trashing them, all the while blaming it on everyone else, in the name of "holiness."

But I think they lost a lot of blog readers when their theology went super-wackadoodle.

Every online group or community Jacque was involved in, she couldn't get along with people and ended up trashing them, all the while blaming it on everyone else, in the name of "holiness."

But I think they lost a lot of blog readers when their theology went super-wackadoodle.

Ooh do you remember the Apples of Gold stuff? It was a Feelin' Feminine-type site and I remember Jacque having a huge fall-out with the person who ran it. But yeah, Jacque is very controlling and I'm not surprised Amanda left like she did.

I believe it the America is Babylon thing and her feeling the need to "flee" to Costa Rica scream paranoid schizophrenia I don't think that woman is mentally well to be raising kids since they are clearly not being cared for and the pictures alone on their blogs are very telling and very sad of what she is putting those kids through all in the name of her religious delusions.

Well, Mrs. J claims to be submissive wife. She used to blog about about submissive things like it really was Mr. Dixon's idea to move out of the country and how he names all the children and she obeys him.

But yeah, that is my interpretation, too, that Mrs. J is the one who runs the family.

I wonder if they have get together with Jacque's mother as well. They publicly blamed her for Amanda's escape, went even to her blog to say things.

Well, Mrs. J claims to be submissive wife. She used to blog about about submissive things like it really was Mr. Dixon's idea to move out of the country and how he names all the children and she obeys him.

Actually, when their last child was born, she wrote something along the lines of, "Matt wanted to name him Samuel, and I said that would be fine as long as his middle name was that of his grandfather." I'm not quoting it well, but it came across like she had to give approval to her husband's choice.

Actually, when their last child was born, she wrote something along the lines of, "Matt wanted to name him Samuel, and I said that would be fine as long as his middle name was that of his grandfather." I'm not quoting it well, but it came across like she had to give approval to her husband's choice.

Yeah...I don't know if it was in a blog post or a message she sent to me, but she said it was frustrating that her husband wasn't interested in naming the kids at all and would only eventually give her one or two names, so she ended up being the one to ultimately name them. But I do know he at least picked out Samuel's name.

Oh. Then it is totally twisted or I understood wrong. I just remember some blog posts or comments where she mentioned how it is Mr. Dixon's duty and no-one else's. But I haven't read old blog posts, I just might have a false memory.

Anyways, because he is so quiet and she is so strong-willed and opinionated, I have understood that she runs the show. And if something doesn't go like she wants, there will be consequences.

I an happy for Amanda. She seems to be so happy nowadays :)

Archived