IGNORED

Leandro and Jocelyn UPDATE

far_go

Yeah, that's what's breaking my heart about the whole thing. Jocelyn and I disagree on a lot of stuff, but. I've had my heart broken before, but to have it broken in public after being very public with your views about marriage, etc. AND be as young as she is...I imagine it is quite a bit worse for her because so many people know about it/are talking about it.

But surely the answer to that is to not put your whole life up on the internet for all to see?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But surely the answer to that is to not put your whole life up on the internet for all to see?

Um, yeah. And also putting your life up as some kind of more holy example than we heathens who wear pants and go on dates.

I think I have given away less pieces of my heart than Jocelyn and I did the ebil dating.

Yeah, that. I've been married and divorced once. The heartbreak is long gone, but it was there at one time. Before the marriage, I was engaged once. I ended that before making a mistake but I can't say my heart was broken. I had no faith in the relationship from the beginning. I was just a young, confused girl and thought marrying my then boyfriend would solve problems and make my life what it was 'supposed' to be. Fortunately, I saw it all for what it was and got out before anyone really did get heartbroken or hurt. We parted friendly and never looked back. We both knew it wasn't right and we would be miserable if we tried to make a life together.

Anyway, in my mid 40's I am pretty sure the only true heartbreak, romantically, that I have experienced was during the time I realized the state of my marriage and went through the process of ending it. I've been dating since I was 16 but I don't think I honestly gave that much of myself to anyone other than the ex.

Apparently, this young girl who believes courtship protects the heart has suffered more heartbreak at a very young age than I have, and I'm twice her age. That, to me, tells me courtship is bullshit. And, it confirms to me what I've said all along - courtship sets you up for more pain and heartbreak because it is intended to end in marriage whereas dating is just dating with no expectations at the onset.

No kidding. I started dating my husband at 18 - he was my second "boyfriend," and my first love. My heart was pretty whole when I met him, lemme tell you. And I went to an ebil Catholic university, had sex before marriage, and LIVED with him before marriage. Also wore makeup and JEANS.

This whole obsession with purity is kind of creepy. It used to be that as long as your hymen was intact, you were okay, you were still "pure." And then the fundies had to get into it with hand purity and touching purity and kissing purity and GOOD GOD, y'all, now we're having people get engaged to others they've never MET, in other COUNTRIES, and then being surprised when it falls apart.

Protip: dating is a way to figure out what you like in other people, so that when you decide who you want to marry, you don't make a big fscking mistake and marry some jackass. Not that it works that way all the time, but that's what it's for.

ETA: There's no "plan" here that Jocelyn sees this and realizes the error of her ways. We don't give a shit if she sees it or not. We're here to snark, not educate her on the stupidity of her ways.

If I was Jocelyn, Lina, and Meredith, I would spend less time worrying about what we are saying and more time trying to discover the mutual friend that brings personal, private info over here to snark on.

If I was Jocelyn, Lina, and Meredith, I would spend less time worrying about what we are saying and more time trying to discover the mutual friend that brings personal, private info over here to snark on.

*Nods* Even I saw it and was friends on facebook, I wouldn't display such personal info on here. It's not on a public page for everyone to see like a blog and therefore it's not my business to share it with other. At least that's my opinion. It's like someon telling you something in private and you blabbling it to the public. If they wanted the public to know, they'd display it publicly.

I think I have given away less pieces of my heart than Jocelyn and I did the ebil dating.

Me too. And if someone else was heart broken from the ebil dating, she wouldn't sympathize with them. She'd use it as an example of how dating is evil and of the devil. She should realize that this courtship thing doesn't protect her heart at all, and give the whole actually getting to know someone who lives in the same country as her a try. I think the reason i've given away less pieces of my heart is I don't expect every relationship must end up in marriage, and I don't have the attitude that you can actually lose some substantial piece of yourself in a relationship. Courtship is the problem, and I have no trouble pointing that out.

I'll admit that I do find it ironic that people have said over and over on this board, "Love, don't judge! Like Jesus!" when admonishing Jocelyn and yet what goes on here is the exact opposite of that advice. I agree, most of the people on this board (where I have read since the Yuku days, but only recently created an account to post what I have posted recently) seem like decent people, which is why I went out on a limb in the first place. I guess it isn't going to make a difference, and it's probably true that I'm just making it worse by bumping this thread to the top more, so sure, I'll shut up. But I just want to put one more thought out there: that if you preach "love, don't judge," and you really believe that, then how can you believe that you are any less of a hypocrite than Jocelyn/other fundies? This may be an uncomfy realization, but you are exactly like them.

I'll admit that I do find it ironic that people have said over and over on this board, "Love, don't judge! Like Jesus!" when admonishing Jocelyn and yet what goes on here is the exact opposite of that advice. I agree, most of the people on this board (where I have read since the Yuku days, but only recently created an account to post what I have posted recently) seem like decent people, which is why I went out on a limb in the first place. I guess it isn't going to make a difference, and it's probably true that I'm just making it worse by bumping this thread to the top more, so sure, I'll shut up. But I just want to put one more thought out there: that if you preach "love, don't judge," and you really believe that, then how can you believe that you are any less of a hypocrite than Jocelyn/other fundies? This may be an uncomfy realization, but you are exactly like them.

Chicca this is a snark forum. Although I don't remember any FJs say love don't judge, I'm sure its possible and I'm sure you'll post a couple of quotes from specific posters.

WTF is going on with these newbies? I usually don't comment on someone simply because they're new, but none of this recent lot have taken the time to read the rules.

No, we're not. We're calling someone out on their harmful behaviour, which has been hurtful to others and now themselves. That is very different from believing your way to be the only right way. I don't think Jocelyn has the self-awareness to realise how harmful her way of courtship is.

Jocelyn's selling/preaching a way of life that is oh so holy and separate from the world and how she is so much better than the rest of us heathens damned to hell because America is Babylon, but it obviously hasn't worked for her twice already so were supposed to not state the obvious?

Guest Anonymous

You won't find me quoting Jesus. Many, many of us are not Christian here, you do get that don't you?

(I think we ought to introduce a Free Jinger Citizenship test for new members. Test them on the Terms and Conditions before they get posting rights.... :lol: )

Jocelyn's selling/preaching a way of life that is oh so holy and separate from the world and how she is so much better than the rest of us heathens damned to hell because America is Babylon, but it obviously hasn't worked for her twice already so were supposed to not state the obvious?

Not to mention the fact that she and her family are possibly moving back to Babylon.

We preach "Love, don't judge?"

Really?

This is not a hive vagina. No one here preaches anything - or, if they do, there will be six other people preaching different things. Because it's a message board, not a pulpit or a church.

This is a SNARK board, don't these idiots get that? Seriously. Read the FAQ. It explains everything.

I don't remember declaring our official "Love, don't judge!" motto....

Are you kidding me? We tell people to be like Jesus? Are you SURE you've been reading here as long as you say you have?

I don't remember declaring our official "Love, don't judge!" motto....

Are you kidding me? We tell people to be like Jesus? Are you SURE you've been reading here as long as you say you have?

How many times have I called the Christian god a sadististic asshole :). Yeah, I think few of us are saying be like Jesus. Maybe suggesting those who worship Jesus try to be more like him and less like the Pharisees perhaps.

Looks like she has closed her blog for good now before it was readers only. I also get some error messages on the feelin feminine site. I never thought I would see her go.

So has she disappeared from Feelin Feminine as well? It seemed that website was pretty much ran by her. I found Jocelyn annoying a lot of her ideas crazy, but I hope she's ok. Though it would be nice if this experience led her and her family to become a bit more, well, accepting and understanding...

I honestly didn't think she'd let go of FF. Maybe she's embarrassed? Maybe after two failed "betrothals" she finally sees it isn't the way to go about things and is re-examining her lifestyle? One can hope....

I honestly didn't think she'd let go of FF. Maybe she's embarrassed? Maybe after two failed "betrothals" she finally sees it isn't the way to go about things and is re-examining her lifestyle? One can hope....

One can hope indeed, but how can she change with those parents? Though it's true her sister did manage to move away and maybe would support Jocelyn?

The Dixon parents are so crazy I don't see them changing, but you never know... I understand the family used to be a more normal conservative Christian one?

One can hope indeed, but how can she change with those parents? Though it's true her sister did manage to move away and maybe would support Jocelyn?

The Dixon parents are so crazy I don't see them changing, but you never know... I understand the family used to be a more normal conservative Christian one?

Well, since they seem to be reuniting with Amanda and their are rumors about them returning to the states, who knows what going on with them?

Just speculation on my part, but I think the Dixons are led by a heavy-handed matriarch. I get the impression that Mr. Dixon doesn't have a lot of say in what goes on in their lives. I bet that Jacque and Jocelyn are running that show.

Archived