IGNORED

Leandro and Jocelyn UPDATE

far_go

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who are these people?

Jocelyn is a fake Jew from the US living illegally in Costa Rica. Leandro was her betrothed. She used to blog nonsensical strings of words in obnoxious fonts at A Pondering Heart, but has since made her blog private.

For the record I disagree with the Dixons other than Amanda on you know, everything, but I don't class them as fake Jews because of their obvious disdain for Judaism as a religion. They just seem to have their own Special Snowflake Dixonism. Lina is for definite a fake Jew though, and I wouldn't be surprised if she converted to Orthodox Judaism for real only to go on with the Yeshua stuff in private.

Jocelyn is a fake Jew from the US living illegally in Costa Rica. Leandro was her betrothed. She used to blog nonsensical strings of words in obnoxious fonts at A Pondering Heart, but has since made her blog private.

She's a fake jew? She gets no "welcome to the tribe" tee shirt! lol

Also out of all the religions to fake.. why fake being Jewish? It's more complicated to become a Jew than to become a fake Christian...

So another bethrotal fell through... maybe the Dixons ought to realize that it might be a good idea to actually meet someone before you "court" and become engaged...

She's a fake jew? She gets no "welcome to the tribe" tee shirt! lol

Also out of all the religions to fake.. why fake being Jewish? It's more complicated to become a Jew than to become a fake Christian...

She and her family (apart from her older sister who is married and lives in the US) are written Torah-observant, but eschew any religious label (they do not use any oral Torah or celebrate Purim or Hanukkah, and openly say they are not Jewish). They're possibly moving back to the US.

So another bethrotal fell through... maybe the Dixons ought to realize that it might be a good idea to actually meet someone before you "court" and become engaged...

I find regular fundie courtship to be unnecessarily restrictive as it is....but how can you possibly know someone (let alone if God wants you to marry them) when you don't live in the same country and have never met? Just bizarre.

Those pieces of her heart just keep giving and giving don't they? But in al seriousness, I feel bad that she can't have a real relationship without intense parent intervention.

Isn't this the second engagement (I'm sorry, ultra holy courtship) that is broken for her? That's what happens when you get engaged to practical strangers.

Isn't this the second engagement (I'm sorry, ultra holy courtship) that is broken for her? That's what happens when you get engaged to practical strangers.

Yep. But both were apparently God's will. At least with the first I think they both lived in the same country at the time.

Yep. But both were apparently God's will. At least with the first I think they both lived in the same country at the time.

One of the rabbis affiliated with my college Chabad met his wife like... 5 times before he proposed... SO weird. And you're supposed to spend the rest of your LIFE with this person? They should be married by now.. not sure, I don't keep in touch!

Oh and he was telling me about how before he even met her they had someone match up their genetic info to see if they were carriers for any of the fatal genetic diseases.. if they had been, they wouldn't even have agreed to meet..

One of the rabbis affiliated with my college Chabad met his wife like... 5 times before he proposed... SO weird. And you're supposed to spend the rest of your LIFE with this person? They should be married by now.. not sure, I don't keep in touch!

Oh and he was telling me about how before he even met her they had someone match up their genetic info to see if they were carriers for any of the fatal genetic diseases.. if they had been, they wouldn't even have agreed to meet..

I get marrying very quickly in situations like wartime, but not otherwise. If I was doing Ultra Holy Courtship where I couldn't even hold hands with my betrothed, I'd need even longer than a normal engagement to get to know them properly. Imo your fiance shouldn't be equal in status to a friend.

I saw that. Jocelyn, the fauxest faux-Jew ever, got Lina into Faux-Jewishness?

Yeah. I thought they had some sort of falling out when Lina got all "I want to pretend to be Ortho" and Jocelyn and her family were like "We take the Bible literally word for word and therefore think Jews are wrong which we prove with venn diagrams that are not venn diagrams and also follow a calendar that is from a book that is only considered canon in the horn of Africa." But I guess they've reconciled.

I'm guessing from Lina's comment that it was Jocelyn, not Leandro who broke off the engagement?

Hey, folks. Delurking to offer that I am a reasonably good friend of Jocelyn's who has read here for a bit. While I agree with a number of viewpoints held by posters here, I'd like to toss out there that Jocelyn is really, really hurting right now, and ask (for what it's worth) if you would just leave her alone for a bit. She's not in a position to be mocked right now, whether or not you agree with her lifestyle choices, or dislike her for being preachy, or what have you. Just give her some time, okay? She reads here sometimes, which is her own fault, I guess, but be a little sensitive to her feelings, okay? Some of the issues raised here are valid, but sometimes it goes a little too far, and I'd say taunting someone who has just had her heart broken is crossing a little bit of a line. Maybe cut her some slack for right now?

Okay, going back to lurking. Just wanted to say that.

Hey, folks. Delurking to offer that I am a reasonably good friend of Jocelyn's who has read here for a bit. While I agree with a number of viewpoints held by posters here, I'd like to toss out there that Jocelyn is really, really hurting right now, and ask (for what it's worth) if you would just leave her alone for a bit. She's not in a position to be mocked right now, whether or not you agree with her lifestyle choices, or dislike her for being preachy, or what have you. Just give her some time, okay? She reads here sometimes, which is her own fault, I guess, but be a little sensitive to her feelings, okay? Some of the issues raised here are valid, but sometimes it goes a little too far, and I'd say taunting someone who has just had her heart broken is crossing a little bit of a line. Maybe cut her some slack for right now?

Okay, going back to lurking. Just wanted to say that.

Nobody likes a hand slapper.

A lot of the people on this thread have expressed that they feel bad for Jocelyn and honestly I do too. Two broken courtships really sucks. But, we are here to snark and call out lifestyles that we disagree with, and the FACT that she's hurting right now is proof that this whole courtship model doesn't do what it's intended to do. So yeah, we're gonna talk about it.

Archived