IGNORED

Lina's having a..

far_go

I know I said I was over it but now I'm curious. Will an orthodox mohel perform a bris for a non (or a fake) Jew? We are not orthodox but had an orthodox mohel do our first son's bris, and he was super cool about it but....curious whether Lina could find anyone to perform this ceremony.

Pretty sure Kim from LiaS had a mohel instead of a hospital circumcision but not sure if he was orthodox.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lina's become a lot less interesting to me since she stopped blogging. I read her new blog every once in a while, but it's just not as interesting. I used to be one of the avid Lina followers, but I don't really care anymore. I do hope her and the baby have a safe and happy pregnancy/delivery, but that's about it.

Pretty sure Kim from LiaS had a mohel instead of a hospital circumcision but not sure if he was orthodox.

The mohel that did our son's bris also does non ceremonial ones in his office. You can frequently get a mohel to do it in their office as a lot of the time, they're pediatricians. Or at least the 2 I know are. One of them is a WOMAN! (she is seriously SO kick ass its not even funny)

So i'm sure she could find a mohel that's also a pediatrician. Also, if its done at the house... I'm trying to remember if we had to prove our Jewishness to the mohel. We didn't have to show paperwork but he DID ask us our Hebrew names. But it was also happening AT our shul and he knew our Rabbi and the sandek....

far_go is not Lina, unless Lina is jet setting between here and Europe. I think I say this every time he or she posts and gets accused of being Lina.

I find the OP interesting because she/he claims to be a great friend and loves to tell us what asshats we are, but then goes and posts her personal info on here like bait. I'm kind of baffled as to what kind of "friend" would do that. With the lovely name, I personally like to pretend far_go is one of the Coen brothers.

I really, really hope that there is a mohel who is willing to do circumcisions for non-Jews who is in Lina's area. And I really hope that Lina has the wisdom (hah!) to pick someone qualified if available. This really is my biggest concern about her baby. I really hope she doesn't half-ass this one and go with some faux-Jew who claims to be a mohel but doesn't know what they're doing. I would hate to see the baby permanently injured because of Lina's weird religious ideas. She really doesn't seem to be the type who would be satisfied with a hospital circumcision and she will surely want some nonsense ritual to accompany it. Maybe she'll have it done at the hospital but have some weird ceremony before or after it. If a real mohel is willing to do it for a non-Jew, would they be willing to have an actual bris too?

Wow, far_go. You are a really shitty friend.

I was unaware of Lina's new blog - hating myself for liking a lot of the recipes. Boo!

I really, really hope that there is a mohel who is willing to do circumcisions for non-Jews who is in Lina's area. And I really hope that Lina has the wisdom (hah!) to pick someone qualified if available. This really is my biggest concern about her baby. I really hope she doesn't half-ass this one and go with some faux-Jew who claims to be a mohel but doesn't know what they're doing. I would hate to see the baby permanently injured because of Lina's weird religious ideas. She really doesn't seem to be the type who would be satisfied with a hospital circumcision and she will surely want some nonsense ritual to accompany it. Maybe she'll have it done at the hospital but have some weird ceremony before or after it. If a real mohel is willing to do it for a non-Jew, would they be willing to have an actual bris too?

Depends on how much they believe her lies. If she says she's Jewish....

I do know you can have the ceremony without the actual cutting taking place. Friend of mine's baby wasn't ready and had some health issues so they had to wait a few months, they still did the blessings because the mohel said that the intent was there. :)

The mohel that did our son's bris also does non ceremonial ones in his office. You can frequently get a mohel to do it in their office as a lot of the time, they're pediatricians. Or at least the 2 I know are. One of them is a WOMAN! (she is seriously SO kick ass its not even funny)

So i'm sure she could find a mohel that's also a pediatrician. Also, if its done at the house... I'm trying to remember if we had to prove our Jewishness to the mohel. We didn't have to show paperwork but he DID ask us our Hebrew names. But it was also happening AT our shul and he knew our Rabbi and the sandek....

My cousin's baby's mohel was also a completely kick ass woman pediatrician. :D

JewishBabyBoyPartyConfetti.jpg

Nice.

This is how you repay the kindness I have shown you? By going on my private Facebook account for information I only wished to share with my friends?

I suspected you long ago, which is why you have been blocked. I am only sorry the other "friends" you have betrayed didn't suspect you sooner.

I know exactly who you are. I just simply did not think you capable of stooping to this level.

May you be judged according to your actions.

Oooo, looks like far_go is getting her comeuppance.

You really are a horrible friend, OP. Much as I love me some Lina gossip I'm glad she found you out.

Nice.

This is how you repay the kindness I have shown you? By going on my private Facebook account for information I only wished to share with my friends?

I suspected you long ago, which is why you have been blocked. I am only sorry the other "friends" you have betrayed didn't suspect you sooner.

I know exactly who you are. I just simply did not think you capable of stooping to this level.

I'm glad you found her out. Pretending to be a friend and then posting private info crosses the line for me. That is just down right cruel.

Nice.

That's low a "friend" would do this to you.

Fargo has been called on this shit frequently. I wonder if she's got the guts to show up and justify her actions?

Anyone placing bets?

Lina, I'm glad you have blocked this person.

Wishing you the best for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Congratulations (for what it is worth)!

I'm betting we will never hear from her again. And I know that all the fundies think we are the most evil people EVER, but it appears that that title goes to people they know and like well enough to call a friend.

Yeah, the act of disclosing this kind of information without person's consent is reprehensible. I am glad far_go got busted. Some things (personal details) are protected from a public view for a reason, I hate when they are leaked because someone wishes ill. This is one of the reason's why I don't mention names of my friends in my posts in twitter, google+ or facebook nor I will ever tell health issues or such.

We have decided that our possible children will be kept out from detailed posts. I want them to have privacy and freedom of 20 years old posts about bowel movements... I am able to control what I publish about me, I want them to have similar opportunity. (This have been quite a hot potato here because it is so personal decision. Some take it an insult because they do otherwise. That is not our intention at all, just a personal choice, similar to for example what colour we prefer...)

Lina, I hope your pregnancy goes well. Even if people disagree with you, it doesn't mean they in general wish you unhappiness. Usually they are the one near you and far_go is a fine example.

Lina, I'm glad you have blocked this person.

Wishing you the best for a healthy pregnancy and healthy baby. Congratulations (for what it is worth)!

:text-yeahthat:

Nice.

Hey Lina, there's a lot I don't like about how you live your life, but that doesn't mean I dislike you as a person. I'm sorry that this person betrayed your trust. It was a really despicable thing for them to do. Perhaps you might want to warn mutual friends against this person? Just a thought.

I hope your pregnancy is going well.

Wow, far_go is a terrible friend, but Lina is really quite the attention whore. She couldn't admonish her friend through e-mail; she had to do it on a board for all to see. These two deserve each other.

Nice.

Go Lina :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow, far_go is a terrible friend, but Lina is really quite the attention whore. She couldn't admonish her friend through e-mail; she had to do it on a board for all to see. These two deserve each other.

Eh, I'm on Lina's side here, if you're going to make someone else's private information public, you deserve to get smacked down in public.

Eh, I'm on Lina's side here, if you're going to make someone else's private information public, you deserve to get smacked down in public.

+1 far go got a taste of her own medicine :P

I'm not anyone's side. They're both pretty horrible people.

Archived