IGNORED

Thank You Mommy.

0 kids n not countin

That's messed up - my husband can shave his own face, like a big boy. Maybe this is a Botkin spinoff? Men need their facial hair taken care of by the woman of the house or something weird like that?

Maybe he's mentally challenged?

I'm with you finlee. I have a friend who has adopted multiple kids with cognitive disabilities and I know she helps one of her teenage boys shave his beard. I'm pretty sure that is the ONLY reason that your mom should be shaving you in your 30s...

I have a friend who is a hairdresser, and she does cut her own husband's hair and helps him trim his beard as well. A lot of barbers and hairdressers do that as part of their service. But as a mom, I have already transitioned my son from getting home haircuts (which I freely admit were pretty crappy), to having his hair cut by a professional.

Ewww, that pic gives me the willies.

A) That beard needs to GO. B) Mommy needs to say shave your own neck. C) Arndt man/child needs to go out into the world and live amongst NORMAL people for a while. D) If you're still living with mommy & daddy at 30, there's a problem. If mommy's shaving your neck at 30, THERE'S A BIG, BIG PROBLEM.

People think the Arndts are "more normal" than other fundies. I say no way. Umpteen ADULT males and not one of them has left home? Not one with a wife or at least a girlfriend? Not one has gone out and gotten an education or a real job (not daddy's court reporting, but something of THEIR OWN) They're weird, weird, weird. Too much "protection" or whatever you want to call it has emotionally crippled them. Probably for life.

Seriously creepy picture (unless, of course, he has an intellectual disability - but none of the Arndt brothers do, right?). :shock:

My husband keeps his hair very short- he goes to the barber once a month, but also trims it himself at the two week mark to keep it short. Sometimes I'll help him trim the hair at the back of his neck between barber trips, as he can't see it and suuuuuucks at getting that line even (he looks pretty silly when he takes a chunk out of his hairline :lol: ). However, I don't understand why you would need help trimming a beard (unless you were paying for professional help). I'm not a dude, so I don't really know, but my husband (not to mention most men) manages to shave every morning - why can't this guy trim his own beard?

ETA: Oh yeah, because that's a woman's job. Why be self-sufficient when you have Mommy?? :?

People think the Arndts are "more normal" than other fundies. I say no way. Umpteen ADULT males and not one of them has left home? Not one with a wife or at least a girlfriend? Not one has gone out and gotten an education or a real job (not daddy's court reporting, but something of THEIR OWN) They're weird, weird, weird. Too much "protection" or whatever you want to call it has emotionally crippled them. Probably for life.

Yes, they are very weird! There's been some talk on this board of how Sarah Maxwell should get together with an Arndt, except they wouldn't measure up to Steve's uber-fundy standards. When a family is as creepy, fundy, and isolated as the Arndts, but STILL too worldy for Steve Maxwell's taste, well...that's just fucked up.

I wonder what it's like to be the lone daughter in the Arndt family. She'll probably never get to leave home, either.

Is this one of the Arndts? I'm looking at their family group shot on their web page but it's hard to tell which one this guy is.

He's Paul, the oldest son, believe he'll be 32 this coming September.

I know children are a blessing and all that, but seems to me that not letting your children grow up is "making an idol" of your children, wouldn't you say? Though I guess the Arndts make an idol out of baseball, so I guess they're not too worried about things becoming idols to them. I believe the second oldest son, John, also "sports" a beard these days, wonder if mommy trims his as well. 14 of the 16 are on a trip somewhere (maybe it's New York) to "film" for the story the dad is working on, I believe John & Luke stayed back, so guess John will have to wait until mommy comes home to have his beard trimmed. Gad, I know way too much about the daily happenings of the Arndts. :oops:

I shaved my husband a few times...when he was recovering from nearly dying and was barely able to walk. And my mom used to shave my grandfather's hair (her father in law) because it saved them money and she did a better job than the barber, so I don't think it's that weird. It's just the context of having 30 + year old still living at home AND having his mother shave him which makes it really odd.

I'm with you finlee. I have a friend who has adopted multiple kids with cognitive disabilities and I know she helps one of her teenage boys shave his beard. I'm pretty sure that is the ONLY reason that your mom should be shaving you in your 30s...

This is what I wonder too.

He's not mentally challenged. There are 3 little videos of him speaking on his profile on the family website, and he seems normal enough. famteam.com/meet/paul.php Unfortunately, there is NO excuse for mommy to be shaving his neck, other than fundie weirdness.

My husband has a beard and sometimes his mom will trim it - but she's a hairdresser with a hair salon in the basement of her house. So it's a little different. Most of the time he does it himself.

That picture did make him look like he didn't quite have all of his marbles.

Sometimes spouses groom each other as a loving thing, like a wife giving her husband a nice shave one day, or him dying her hair, but when it's a mommy shaving sonny-boy, that's as creepy as daughter-dearest shaving daddy.

Why would him being mentally challenged be funny?

Thank you.

deelaem wrote:

0 kids n not countin wrote:

Quote:

Maybe he's mentally challenged?

:lol: LOL!

Why would him being mentally challenged be funny?

Thank you.

Sorry, didn't mean to upset/offend anyone. I didn't mean him being mentally challenged is funny, but the comment did strike me as amusing, though maybe it wasn't meant to be.

Guest Anonymous
My husband has a beard and sometimes his mom will trim it - but she's a hairdresser

This. My mom (who was a hairdresser) trimmed dad's sideburns because he was such as clutz, not because it was a "wifely duty'". That lasted for all of a few weeks because I remember her telling him that if he couldn't trim/shape is sideburns then he should just shave them off. It was funny to watch! :lol:

My son says Thank You Mama when I tweeze his few back hairs. He's 26, lives at home, works and is saving money because he's getting married in July. Then the tweezers get passed on to his wife. Even with that arrangement with my son, he's NOT like that other guy. :shock:

Archived