IGNORED

Duggars on Fox News

GeoBQn

OMG!!! I cannot believe the clip at 2:10!!! How is she too dumb to remember poor Caleb everytime?!?!?!!

Michelle: 'We have one baby with the lord, little Jubilee"

JB: "And one more..."

fox2.jpg

They're wearing the same clothes from the godspell pictures.

LOVE LOVE LOVE The "related stories!"

Did anybody see this clip of Jim Bob and Michelle on Fox News?

http://video.foxnews.com/v/1452837716001/

The beginning of it is exactly what they said to Anderson Cooper. Not that that's any surprise -- they just run the tape loop, like machines.

JB reminding her that she is now supposed to mention Caleb -- perfect.

Michelle stumbling around the birth control issue (she did sorta-kinda say she is pro-choice! :shock: ) and both of them praising Frothy was just sickening.

Oh, and the story of the "extortion attempt" is covered, and how they pretend that they keep their children safe, despite having shoved them onto TV.

I know he was only asking to let them spew their crap, but how sad is it that this guy asked tougher questions than Anderson Cooper? :cry:

The whole scene where she talks about only having one in heaven and then nonchalantly shrugging at...oh ya I forgot about "the other one" is just nauseating. Fame whores through and through. If they really cared about losing children, their first loss would be given just as much emphasis as their second. Sad...sad.

I'm a little suspicious of this idea that they treated their first miscarriage like they treated "Jubilee" and named him and made him an officially baby. Why? It seems rather coincidental that his name was Caleb. Caleb is a very trendy name right now. It seems coincidental that 20 years later they say their fetus's name was Caleb 20 years ago.

fox2.jpg

They're wearing the same clothes from the godspell pictures.

LOVE LOVE LOVE The "related stories!"

Me too. I'm not a fan of Fox news, but in this case-you go Fox News. I wonder if that was done on purpose like TLC's Mirena sponsor for the Duggar show. If it was, I give a little kudos to Fox for doing that. About the only kudos they get from me.

The more I see those two nut jobs talk about their sudden miscarriage, the more I believe they're just glamourfying this tragic event for money and attention. Cameras weren't around when she miscarried the first time but this second time, however, people know about them! If they were not known and living a relatively "normal" life, Michelle would have remembered Caleb.

I just find it so sad that she had to be reminded from her own husband that she has not 1 but 2 babies in Heaven. Clearly, they're using this miscarriage to seek fame and attention. She's so fame hungry, she forgets about her first miscarriage that occurred before people were aware of the Duggars. I wonder if there was a funeral service for Caleb like they had for Jubilee. Then again, I think I already answered my own question.

As for the filming defense, JB can sugar coat that as much as he wants, we all know that they're famewhores and are willing to film anything that'll up the views and get more money. What excuse do they have for whipping out their iPhones and filming poor Jason after his accident then?!

They disgust me on so many levels.

fox2.jpg

I'm beginning to wonder if there ever was a J'Caleb. Maybe they made up the miscarriage story in order to justify their sudden conversion to QF?

I kind of cut them some slack on the first miscarriage... If she was on BC, then she probably miscarried at 5-6weeks (still a miscarriage and still a sad event and for those who believe life starts at conception still a death.) She carried Jubilee well into the 2nd trimester so I can see the 2nd miscarriage being far more devastating to her and being more recent than 20 years ago, more prominent in her mind. I see the hypocrisy, but at the same time regardless of the circumstance, it is devastating to lose a child especially so far along into the pregnancy

I firmly believe that this miscarriage may have hit them harder than the first because of gestational age etc, but for heaven's sake, folks, if you are going to use your personal tragedy to make ridiculous political assertions at least have the decency to get your own personal facts straight! You have TWO babies in heaven. It's not that hard to remember! Especially considering the number of times they've been caught up on this one fact. C'mon...

I kind of cut them some slack on the first miscarriage... If she was on BC, then she probably miscarried at 5-6weeks (still a miscarriage and still a sad event and for those who believe life starts at conception still a death.) She carried Jubilee well into the 2nd trimester so I can see the 2nd miscarriage being far more devastating to her and being more recent than 20 years ago, more prominent in her mind. I see the hypocrisy, but at the same time regardless of the circumstance, it is devastating to lose a child especially so far along into the pregnancy

Pretty sure she was not actively ON birth control pills with the first miscarriage. I have no idea how far along she was with that miscarriage, but the story is not that she was on the Pill and got pregnant. She used birth control pills for years went off them, had Josh. Not clear if she went back on & off (probably not since Jana & JD aren't that far behind really), got pregnant again, miscarried. Here's where it gets fuzzy because it doesn't actually make sense - she claims she was told by doctors that birth control pills can cause miscarriages, or raise the chances, or something... but really what it was is that God MADE her miscarriage because she wasn't TRUSTING him. Cue the embracing of Quiverfull, cue the twins... which, again, aren't really that much younger than Josh. At any rate, she probably wasn't very far along with that miscarriage, granted, because again, Jana and JD aren't that much younger.

In the first book, she specifically says that they wanted more children after Josh, but not right away, so she went back on the pill. Then, as can happen occasionally, she got pregnant anyway. They believe that the pill works two ways, to prevent pregnancy, and when an implantation *does* occur (i.e., plan 'a'--preventing the pregnancy--fails) the pill causes a miscarraige. That is what their physician told them, and why they feel that *they* caused the miscarriage.

At that time, that is when they 'fell on their face before God' as they say in the book, and told him to give them his attitude for children, and they would accept any and all 'blessings' he wanted to give them without question from now until Michelle was in menopause.

At one point, when they had 7 under 7, they questioned it, b/c it was so hard, but then they prayed and decided to keep trusting God.

This is all in the first book, 20 and Counting.

Pretty sure she was not actively ON birth control pills with the first miscarriage. I have no idea how far along she was with that miscarriage, but the story is not that she was on the Pill and got pregnant. She used birth control pills for years went off them, had Josh. Not clear if she went back on & off (probably not since Jana & JD aren't that far behind really), got pregnant again, miscarried. Here's where it gets fuzzy because it doesn't actually make sense - she claims she was told by doctors that birth control pills can cause miscarriages, or raise the chances, or something... but really what it was is that God MADE her miscarriage because she wasn't TRUSTING him. Cue the embracing of Quiverfull, cue the twins... which, again, aren't really that much younger than Josh. At any rate, she probably wasn't very far along with that miscarriage, granted, because again, Jana and JD aren't that much younger.

No, she was on the pill. She went back on it after Josh was born. They also said the miscarriage happened between the second and third months. They were horrified that something they "chose to do" had killed their child.*

*Disclaimer: This is just JB&M relaying what happened. I have no idea of the truthfulness of it, nor do I agree that getting pregnant while on the pill causes miscarriages.

I don't necessarily blame her for routinely forgetting about J'Caleb either, but it just makes their schtick more ridiculous IMO. It was a first trimester loss, it happened over 20 years ago, and they went on to have another 18 more-or-less healthy kids. That is very different than a second trimester loss of what may be their last pregnancy, and only happened a couple of months ago. I think feeling differently about those two things is very natural, but of course that doesn't fit into their anti-choice mentality. They can't even grieve naturally, and turned a tough miscarriage into a pro-choice circus. They've lost all grip on reality, if they ever had one to begin with.

Yes, that's correct, in their book, Michelle got pregnant for the second time when she went back on the pill following Josh's birth. I wonder how old he was when she went back on the pill, and if she was breastfeeding..what was recommended in regard to pill use 24 years ago? I didn't take the pill the entire time I was breastfeeding , and my cycles returned at 3 and 7 months with both my kids. Michelle did say that she prayed to God to give them a love for children. I wonder if she truly ever got that "love", or if she just decided to train her older ones at that point to take over her mommy duties.

I see. Regardless, if I'm recalling Doc Sharon correctly, there is no statistical increase of miscarriage in people who managed to get pregnant while on the Pill.

I do think there was a "Caleb" or a first miscarriage. However, Michelle doesn't remember it because, despite her posturing all these years, she DOESN'T think of an early miscarriage as the same thing. And back then she probably thought of it as even less because she wasn't so deep in the Kool-Aid. Now that she REALLY feels like she lost a baby, the difference is apparent. But since she's ridden that "every pregnancy is a life at conception!" train for so long she can't back off now. It's evidence of their hypocrisy.

I'd love to see that doctor lose his license.

Miscarriages are unfortunately common. I remember all the irrational guilt I felt about my first - and it was irrational, because many are simply caused by chromosomal problems. For a doctor to abuse his position of trust to inflict guilt based not any genuine medical information but to further a religious agenda is just unconscionable.

They probably went to those whack job Christian doctors who told them the miscarriage was because of the BC pill.

I think they went off the deep end and into fundie world after that because prior to the first marriage, they seemed to be a fairly normal conservative christian family. Once the miscarriage happened, it went all downhill to Gothard World.

I can't help but think that this miscarriage is more affecting to her because she realizes that her time as a pregnant woman is coming to an end. I am somewhat envious of my friends who are just starting out in the mommy business whereas we are nearing the end (at least of the pregnancy/baby stage). But Michelle isn't your garden-variety mother. Her fertility is intrinsically linked with her identity as a person both in her mind and in her religion. As many people have stated, she's mourning not just Jubilee but also the end of what makes her "her" in her mind. It reminds of of professional sports stars who work their entire youth to be professional athletes, are done by 35, and still have the majority of their lives ahead of them with no idea what they want to do because the thing that has driven and defined them for so long is no longer viable.

Holy Shit....that interview says a wholeeee lot about Michelle...I CANNOT believe that JB had to remind her about CALEB!! WOW that is so messed up....she geniunely does not care about that miscarriage...whoa this is very hypocritical...how does she sleep at night?!

I just feel like if I had that many contradictions going on within me...I would be so tortured and unease with myself.

The beginning of it is exactly what they said to Anderson Cooper. Not that that's any surprise -- they just run the tape loop, like machines.

Not only that, it's pretty much verbatim up to the "when we got to about seven ..." line. I just finished watching them on Anderson and opened this thread. They've got it down pat.

NJMom asked the Pill was recommended during breastfeeding 24 years ago. In general, NO; the birth control pill was not recommended for nursing moms. The hormones are safe for the baby, but the Pill can make a woman's milk supply crash. The recommendations haven't changed that much in the last 24 years. The mini-Pill is safest and there are types of implants that contain an orally unavailable form of estrogen so that the baby doesn't ingest any through the milk.

The Caleb thing is what tipped the scales for me. I retained a shred of sympathy for the Duggars for a long time despite my increasing doubts. When the miscarriage happened, my problem wasn't even that they publicized it so much. It was really that they ignored Caleb. Michelle's editing her letter to Jubilee in order to acknowledge Caleb after--but only after--the public backlash was the last straw.

There is still a soft spot in my heart for Jim Bob. He just seems like an innocent and well-meaning (if slightly stupid) guy. I think he really loves his family, including each of the kids, and he's not a narcissist. The same cannot be said of Michelle.

Archived