IGNORED

40 K Moms Battle Against ABC's new show GCB

lilwriter85

Last summer the 40 k moms whined like crazy when ABC picked up the pilot for Good Christian Belles which is based on the book Good Christian Bitches. The show and book are about scheming women. ABC put GCB to premiere midseason and promos have been airing again lately. Now the 40 k moms are asking people to boycott GCB because they think it is anti-Christian program. Kristin Chenoweth is one of the cast members and the 40 k moms might feel the wrath of Cheno's fans. The 40 k moms are fucking delusional to think they can get ABC to drop the show completely.

onemillionmoms.com/TakeAction.asp?id=440

They are also protesting Lifetime's new tv show version of The Client List. They can clutch their pearls all they want over children's programming, but they are going to get nowhere demanding that adult shows be taken off the air. They claimed Playboy Club as a victory, never considering that maybe it was taken off the air because it just wasn't very good.

They are also protesting Lifetime's new tv show version of The Client List. They can clutch their pearls all they want over children's programming, but they are going to get nowhere demanding that adult shows be taken off the air. They claimed Playboy Club as a victory, never considering that maybe it was taken off the air because it just wasn't very good.

I laughed when the claimed that. The Playboy Club had bad reviews and low ratings. Too many people saw it as Mad Men rip off.

Silly people. Good thing there are not 40K of them! Someone said it's way less than that!

Wouldn't suprise me if there's only like 20 "One Million Moms" officers plus 40,000ish more who are sheltering suburban moms who don't know better and don't really look at the page often enough.

Also, I wonder if "Good Christian Belles" hits too close to home for these 40 Thousand Moms.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the previews and I hadn't even heard of the show. Wouldn't surprise me though if they were catty, scheming bitches hiding under a veneer of Jesus.

I laughed when the claimed that. The Playboy Club had bad reviews and low ratings. Too many people saw it as Mad Men rip off.

Yeah, Playboy Club was awful, its demise had nothing to do with the mess of mommies.

These women think they've already have a victory with GCB, apparently ABC changed the series' name and bumped it to March just because of them.

Starting with the good news, after tens of thousands of OMM members signed a petition several months ago encouraging ABC to drop all plans of airing the program "Good Christian B-tches," the network has announced they will change the name to "Good Christian Belles" and "GCB" for short. This means profanity will not be used or insinuated in the title and be listed in television guides, listings and schedules. Your voice was heard!

.....Originally, ABC planned to air the new series last fall, but it disappeared from their schedule after we sent them tens of thousands of emails. Now the premiere is set to air this Sunday, March 4, 2012 at 10/9 Central and rated PG with the title "We Shall Receive."

I'm so tired of hearing about "Anti-Christian Bigotry". Lent has started and suddenly every third commercial is for fish, that's hardly a sign of persecution.

A lot of the people in that 40K are people who follow them just to counterprotest and buy from the places they boycott. Judging from the comments on their FB page, about half of them, maybe more, do not agree with anything they do.

Yeah, Playboy Club was awful, its demise had nothing to do with the mess of mommies.

These women think they've already have a victory with GCB, apparently ABC changed the series' name and bumped it to March just because of them.

I'm so tired of hearing about "Anti-Christian Bigotry". Lent has started and suddenly every third commercial is for fish, that's hardly a sign of persecution.

Those women are stupid to think that ABC bumped the show to March because of them. Networks always have midseason premieres because sometimes there isn't room in the fall for all the pilots they picked up. I have been following the OMM website since last summer and that organization is pretty stupid about how the entertainment industry works.

'tens of thousands of emails'?

If ABC got tens of thousands of emails, it was probably the result of multiple people sending tons of emails in very short amounts of time, written in some incoherent ALLCAPS wall of text that was probably never seen by a pair of human eyes. There are a multitude of reasons shows' airings get delayed, it's not because of emails or anything else. You'd think that those 'tens of thousands of emails' would have made the news, or something.

Of course, I doubt they sent tens of thousands, or even tens of anything.

Finally! A show that I would actually be interested to watch on ABC besides The Middle, and All American Family! Does anybody know the upcoming time slots?

I first heard of this show when it was still known as Good Christian B*tches. I won't watch any show with such a misogynist title. I'm glad they changed the B to Belles.

It looks like it might be kinda interesting. I'll probably check it out. Also, when I first read the title of this thread I thought it said, "40 K Moms Battle Against ABC's new show GHB" I thought, for once, they might actually be on to something!

:roll: Oh come on. It's not anti-Christian, it just seems to be exploiting the fact that there are some women who are Christian and aren't really that nice. Perhaps that hits a little close to home for some of the 40k.

:roll: Oh come on. It's not anti-Christian, it just seems to be exploiting the fact that there are some women who are Christian and aren't really that nice. Perhaps that hits a little close to home for some of the 40k.

That's an understatement. Should have went to my old church. Those "sweet, Christian women" were anything but.

'tens of thousands of emails'?

If ABC got tens of thousands of emails, it was probably the result of multiple people sending tons of emails in very short amounts of time, written in some incoherent ALLCAPS wall of text that was probably never seen by a pair of human eyes. There are a multitude of reasons shows' airings get delayed, it's not because of emails or anything else. You'd think that those 'tens of thousands of emails' would have made the news, or something.

Of course, I doubt they sent tens of thousands, or even tens of anything.

Also, ABC has laid off so many people. They don't even have anyone staffing the mail-room anymore! They've gotten rid of a ton of departments...

What makes all Christians look bad are the asshats who think women have no right to talk about birth control. Santorum's doing damn good job making Christians look stupid. Not all Christians are stupid, but the loudest ones who are reflect negatively on them all.

I'm a bit interested to read the book that is show based on. I always laugh at people from PTC, OMM, Brent Bozell's group who protest shows based on books like True Blood, Dexter, Pretty Little Liars etc because they never realize that the reason the shows are made is because authors sell the rights to the shows. A few years back I used to post on a TV related message board and there were a couple of PTC members that posted on that board and they both complained about the show Dexter. Someone else pointed out that Dexter is on premium cable and the premium cable channels have more freedom. The two PTC members bitched that premium cable networks shouldn't have more freedom. I jumped into the conversation and pointed out that Dexter is based on book series and that the reason the show got made was because Jeff Lindsay sold the adaptation rights. Those PTC members shut up once I mentioned that.

I have never ever heard of this show until now...probably because it doesn't play in NW Arkansas. But now I want to watch it online and I can't find full eps. :(

I have never ever heard of this show until now...probably because it doesn't play in NW Arkansas. But now I want to watch it online and I can't find full eps. :(

The show hasn't premiered yet. It starts on March 4th.

Archived