IGNORED

The Santorum Ladies.

anniebgood

I didn't caption this, got it on my FB, but oh my, they don't look very presidential to me at all.

404436_275776345823777_148995391835207_607003_2091409439_n.jpg

His wife looks like a skeleton.

I didn't caption this, got it on my FB, but oh my, they don't look very presidential to me at all.

404436_275776345823777_148995391835207_607003_2091409439_n.jpg

His wife looks like a skeleton.

They always looked depressed to me, even when they are smiling.

And who could forget this shot from '06:

293308050_2fc82fc04f.jpg

I don't see the girls hating their father but looking board shitless and depressed. Maybe it is because there are campain photos of my father with my siblings looking the same way, with the baby (me) smiling because as long as you got mama you don't care at that age.

My family was in elected office as well as my best friend. When my best friend's dad was taking campaign photos, they would bribe her to dress a certain way and smile like everything was perfect. I clearly remember the phots when she was 15 and rebelling. We all used to laugh seeing my best friend in these stupid dresses she would have never worn smiling sitting at a piano or in the palor. (they never got a shot of the pink strip under her hair or her basement bedroom with pictures of half naked guys and her ashtray). I can't believe Rick doesn't have better family photos out there for his campaign since he is running as the pro traditional family candidate. There must be tons of fundie SAHD photgraphy "students" that wuld gladly donate their services to the cause.

I don't see the girls hating their father but looking board shitless and depressed. Maybe it is because there are campain photos of my father with my siblings looking the same way, with the baby (me) smiling because as long as you got mama you don't care at that age.

That was in gest, LPL. I'm sure the child doesn't hate her father.

Every time I see that photo, I think "I would probably feel the same way if Santorum was my father".

LOL!

I think his son with the glasses is usually really cute, though.

They always looked depressed to me, even when they are smiling.

And who could forget this shot from '06:

293308050_2fc82fc04f.jpg

Did anyone else think they were looking at a Harry Potter extra, a Gryffindor, with how that how is dressed? :)

Sorry, I didn't meant they actually hate him, but I can't imagine them enduring all his 'comments' of women in general.

IDK how the Duggars can back this family, never mind them being ebil Catholics. They have no joyful countenance, and could seriously use a refresher course on mullets 7 Needs of a Husband, esp the part about making sure your hair and such looks good.

Did anyone else think they were looking at a Harry Potter extra, a Gryffindor, with how that how is dressed? :)

I totally see it!

The boy looks stunned, the older girl looks ready to kill someone, and the younger girl is crying.

Compare it to the shy-but-sweetness of Sasha and Malia Obama.

Does anyone else look at the older girl on the left in the first post and see Ruth Buzzi as Gladys Ormphby on Laugh-in?

ETA. I'm really showing my age

OMG, ZTwist, do I remember Ruth Buzzi! I was in junior high then, and she was my fave skit, aside from Lily Tomlin (bet she'd have a lot to snort about ol' Ricky! LOL) and Arte "Verrry Interesting" Johnson! All three Santorum women look like they've just eaten a lemon, and Mom does look positively mug-shot worthy! Just from the looks of those girls, I'd bet there's a LOT of whining, door-slamming and mad outbursts from them, that is, before Daddy Dearest gets all evangelical on them! And Mom looks like she's probably caught right in the middle of having to defend her daughters' every last move all the while having to walk a tightrope-thin line of "making it look like she is Fundie Mom of the Year". Daddy has this creeped-out look of "The Stepfather" movies, doesn't he? I hope he doesn't whistle around the house!

In 2006 Santorum lost his bid for reelection. Perhaps that's why everyone looks so distraught, he lost his election (and now has lots of time to spend with the family, oh no). Not that I feel their father is someone to be proud of, but I'd give them a pass for being upset he didn't win back in 2006.

Considering the slate of likely opponents, I hope Sasha and Malia's dad doesn't lose his next election, sparing them a need for a picture like this.

Sure, the Obama girls might be sad if their dad doesn't remain in the White House, but compared to these kids, I'm sure they've all gotten guilt-tripped over WHY Daddy possibly lost, and had it taken out on them later...with as wacky as Daddy seems, I'm surprised the kids are allowed to even LOOK like "Harry Potter"? Maybe it's just a co-incidence?

The only one that looks happy in most pictures that the family is that dad.

It would be horrible to have to live in that family. I hope some of the kids leave the day they turn 18.

Two of them already have passed the age of 18, and are apparently well-adjusted adults who still like their parents. I hate Santorum as much as any other liberal, but I see no reason to speculate that he's some sort of domestic tyrant. I don't see any evidence that his awful social policies translate over into awful family life.

I don't think he is a violent person (that would be hard to hide) towards his family but he does seem to have a controlling personality. He wants everyone to be just like him and if any of his kids aren't then I do hope they leave because that wouldn't be a pleasant enviroment to live in (emotionally and mentally).

Well, sugaree, I don't know which, frankly, would be worse...someone who talked the talk, but didn't walk the walk, OR someone who rode his family like a mad fiend. Either way, I don't see a whole lot of unbridled love emanating from that family. If facial expressions and body language are any indicator, I'd say zip on that premise. Look how long it took for many viewers to finally get wind of the Duggars' REAL life...Oh, and by the way, if you're still operating under the premise of "Look how NICE they look, they couldn't be all that bad" only has to examine the background of infamous schoolteacher, Mary Kay LeTourneau. Many know her daddy was an ultra-right winger, John Bircher who had his own checkered past...

Archived