IGNORED

So you are a preacher and abuse kids what to do?

doggie

Well if you are a sex offender and a preacher what do you do? you make the people not bring children to your sermons.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Kids-turne ... index.html

In 2009, Darrell Gilyard pleaded guilty to lewd conduct and lewd molestation. The victims were underage girls in his congregation at Shiloh Baptist Church.

In the past few weeks, Gilyard began preaching at Christ Tabernacle Missionary Baptist Church on the Northside. His new position drew protests from other pastors and the New Black Panther Party.

Since taking the position, Gilyard would not speak to television reporters. Channel 4 looked up his address on the sex offender registry and went to a motel where he was staying in North Jacksonville.

The first time reporters approached Gilyard, he dropped his things and slammed the door. Moments later, he came outside and got into his car without saying a word.

Since joining Christ Tabernacle on North Davis Street, the congregation has had to adapt to changes. Under the terms of Gilyard's release, court documents show he is not allowed to have "unsupervised contact with children under 18 years old." The church agreed to ban children from Sunday service.

Sunday, a woman tried to bring a 2-year-old boy she babysits to services, but was turned away.

"They said for the next two weeks, no children are allowed," Wanda Evans said. "This is the second Sunday, no children, so next week's Sunday, kids will be able to be allowed."

Last week, members of the new Black Panther Party of Jacksonville promised to protest every Sunday that Gilyard was a pastor at the church. This Sunday, however, there were no demonstrations.

Guest Anonymous

WHAT??? If this happened at my church (and other churches I have visited), the minister would be fired...that is if the victims' families didn't run him off (or worst) first. And no way would he be allowed back....EVER!

EDITED TO ADD: And I would find another church to attend seeing as how the leadership did a sorry job in hiring a minister!

And then church organizations wonder why people are leaving the "Church." You think they would have learned centuries by now.

And then church organizations wonder why people are leaving the "Church." You think they would have learned centuries by now.

this is something they really seem not to understand. they think a pedo that is saved is safe.

I saw this earlier and was disgusted that they're going to put temptations in front of the priest, temptations that are CHILDREN. I am curious why it won't be a violation for the kids to be there the third week.

The bigger issue is, this is stupid! He can't molest kid's while he is preaching on Sundays, period. It's what happens when they ease up the rules, no kids at service today, but tomorrow ok, he is doing so good, we should let him do smaller group talks, as people forget, youth groups with other adults present, finally he gets one on one time with kids who need help, and he is doing the same crap all over again. He should not have this type of job that offers power over others, he should be flipping burgers with some one watching his every move like a hawk. Stupid people!

Archived