IGNORED

"Those Duggars have it Right!"

holierthanyou

I'm watching ABC's 'The Middle' sitcom, and after leaving the kids at home while the parents go out bowling, the mom comments:

"I'm telling you- those Duggars have it right... Let the kids police themselves"

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm watching ABC's 'The Middle' sitcom, and after leaving the kids at home while the parents go out bowling, the mom comments:

"I'm telling you- those Duggars have it right... Let the kids police themselves"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

what makes it even better is that Patricia Heaton is Christian, and vocal about it!!!

Also, I LOVE Brick. I rarely watch that show, but I love that actor.

My parents tried to let us police ourselves once, on our appetites that is, it didn't work out so good. We all ended up eating too many junk food and sweets.

what makes it even better is that Patricia Heaton is Christian, and vocal about it!!!

I love Brick too, he is so cute.

My parents tried to let us police ourselves once, on our appetites that is, it didn't work out so good. We all ended up eating too many junk food and sweets.

My parents once left us to police ourselves while they went to their class reunion. My sister and I, in turn, left our brother to police himself while we went out with our friends, which resulted in him drinking 44 ounces of Mountain Dew and staying up all night. Good times.

I didn't know about Patrcia Heaton being a christian. I was wondering does anyone know about Mady Sweeten who played her daughter Ally, and her brothers Sawyer and Sullivan? I was very surprised from what I read(Im pretty sure it was a real acct?) I saw Mady's twitter and she works as a waiteress at TGIF, broke, and looking for acting work. Her parents are having baby #9 right now. The family had 3 kids on a highly rated sitcom for about 10 years, where did the money go? to the mom having 6 more kids.

My mom loves The Middle, but I decided not to watch it after I found out Patricia Heaton is on the board for Feminists for Life. She was part of a group of celebrities that put out a horrible PSA against stem cell research.

That's on in 2 hours in my time zone. Can't wait to watch and laugh at the Duggar comment when I see it! :lol:

ETA: I just noticed that I'm now secretly Bill Gothard. :)

My mom loves The Middle, but I decided not to watch it after I found out Patricia Heaton is on the board for Feminists for Life. She was part of a group of celebrities that put out a horrible PSA against stem cell research.

Ew. I end up watching it because it's on before Modern Family and it's the only night I watch TV. Now I'm thinking twice about The Middle. :?

Oh YUCK. I'm sorry but I don't think feminist and being anti-choice go hand in hand...

ok after digging and digging -

This was back in 2008

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos- ... 7006_n.jpg

Everything I am finding about the mom she is prego and HOT *laugh*

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 637&type=3

Ok, I think her mom remarried in 2008

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 637&type=3

(sorry I just get obessed *laugh*)

TODAY she (mom - Elizabeth Millsap Sweeten-Gini on fb) posted she is going into L&D to get some tests done and if she doesn't go into labor they are going to run some tests...

Link to the clip please?

nguJQ_dRPXw

It also features Jim Caviezel and several athletes. It was made in opposition to a proposed amendment to the Missouri state constitution to allow embryonic stem cell research. At the same time, Michael J. Fox had made a PSA supporting the amendment.

I can tell you why Madylin Sweeten's career is dead. Because her website hasn't been updated since she was 9! I don't think they're fundie or Christian at all, and can I just say I HATE with a purple passion, the naked pregnancy photos.

and Subguratory. :)

For those that don't want to watch, here's what happened:

Morning routine includes the parents nagging the kids about things (like oldest boy cleaning his filthy bedroom, middle child forgetting her jacket), and at the end of the day those things don't get done. The kids sit the parents down to discuss the constant nagging, and they all agree that the parents will stop nagging and let the kids prove they can handle themselves.

The next morning everyone gets out of the house successfully. Later that day the parents have nothing to do (since they aren't minding the children), they decide to go bowling. As they enter the bowling alley, the line about the Duggars was part of Heaton's voiceover. I laughed out loud because the Duggars got name dropped when the parents were away from their children.

While the parents have fun bowling, the kids end up driving around on a wild goose chase looking for the girl's jacket, which was buried in the boy's messy room the whole time. As all 3 kids stand around talking, a bug (spawned by the filth) flies into the ear of the youngest. The parents leave the bowling alley freaking out, running to the hospital to meet their kids, no longer thinking allowing the kids to police themselves is the right thing. The youngest is just fine, has the bug in a jar and look, the doctor took out a Monopoly token while he was in the ear canal.

I wish Up All Night was back on Wednesday at 8, I'd rather watch that.

Yeah, I don't support anything with Patricia Heaton attached, simply because I refuse to support her.

Any other reasons besides the stem cell stupidity? Not that it isn't sufficient, just curious. I've never heard of her before now.

ETA: ew, just read about her backtracking on the anti stem cell ad after seeing the michael j fox had a positive ad for it. either stick with it or not, lady. i hate people who have really damaging views who, when confronted with the reality of their wishes, backtrack a bit and then do the same shit- she's still part of feminists for life and still seems to be anti stem cell. so what is she actually sorry for? being public about her views?

Yeah, I don't support anything with Patricia Heaton attached, simply because I refuse to support her.

*gasp* I'm not the only one! I don't support shows or movies that have people whose beliefs I find repugnant in them and my therapist finds that very odd (I don't think it's any different than refusing to eat at, say, Chick-fil-A)

*gasp* I'm not the only one! I don't support shows or movies that have people whose beliefs I find repugnant in them and my therapist finds that very odd (I don't think it's any different than refusing to eat at, say, Chick-fil-A)

Its an act of conscience a way to put our values in alignment with the way we live. Its called walking the walk not just talking the talk. I don't find it unusual at all. I would think its much more conflicting to say you believe or value something any yet still work/live in opposition to that value.

I liked The Middle but I'm not huge fan of Patricia Heaton. I watch mostly because of Neil Flynn and the kids. I lost respect for Patricia when the stem cell commercials came out and when she later called Michael J. Fox a sexist because of his support for stem cell research. A friend of mine who lives in LA met her last year at a book signing event at the church she attends. The event was for Louie Zamperini who is the subject of the book Unbroken. My friend said she was friendly to people. Patricia was raised Catholic and later became an Anglican and is now Presbyterian. One rumor that has circulated about is that she left the Catholic church because she was disgusted with the sex abuse scandal.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Like they did in Lord of the Flies?

I didn't want to like this show, because I despise Patricia Heaton as a person, but my DH started watching it and I got hooked after seeing how frighteningly similar some of their circumstances are to ours. I expect bugs to be hatching forth from my teenage son's room any minute now ;-)

Archived