gtmb

I lurk here much more than I post, but I was kinda wondering about a couple of things:

First, are Michelle and J-Bob paid for all of these speaking engagements, on top of what they get from TLC? If so, any idea how much? I mean, these are primarily religious organizations, and thus one would think not the richest of places, so it wouldn't be much, would it?

And what would happen if their ob/gyn flat out told them that Michelle would likely die if she had any more children? Would they just blithely go about having more, hoping (and, of course, praying to Jeebus) that the worst wouldn't happen?

I lurk here much more than I post, but I was kinda wondering about a couple of things:

First, are Michelle and J-Bob paid for all of these speaking engagements, on top of what they get from TLC? If so, any idea how much? I mean, these are primarily religious organizations, and thus one would think not the richest of places, so it wouldn't be much, would it?

I would think their speaking fee would be in the low thousands, like $5-7K at the most. But possibly more if a particular church can afford it.

And what would happen if their ob/gyn flat out told them that Michelle would likely die if she had any more children? Would they just blithely go about having more, hoping (and, of course, praying to Jeebus) that the worst wouldn't happen?

They would do what they did last time: doctor shop until they find a doctor that tells them what she wants to hear and is willing to risk treating her.

I have no idea what they bring in for speaking, but I am pretty sure nothing would stop them from trying to have another one. Even if she was told it would 100% kill her, as that wouldn't be trusting in god. Now me myself, have been told it could kill me, therefor I use the common sense God gave me and we are done and I am alive to be a mother to the one I already have.

Maybe a mega-church would be in the thousands, but most churches could/would never spend in the thousands for someone like Michelle to come and speak. Our church has two services on Sundays with 300-400 per service and we'd never pay more than a thousand for any speaker.

Thy may be represented by a Christian speakers bureau. They are listed with one, but I don't know how active the bureau is on their behalf. For something such as C-PAC, I'd guess she made pretty good money.

Archived