IGNORED

Liberian Girls adopted by WA state couple????

Miss M

I don't know of these fundies in particular, but there is a bunch in WA that are into adopting African children. One pair is up on child abuse charges. I can't remember their names, but I think these folks also have blogs and a message board. Its been a long time since I infiltrated their domains, and a couple of computers ago.

Apparently, other than giving her up, ie. dumping her, they have not been able to reach the fundy family for any back story and history on the girl. My friend said they never answer the phone or return calls.

While I admire her concern, this post and your friend's e-mail violates this girl's privacy. In nursing school, I was taught that any potentially identifying information cannot be shared. A girl with a somewhat rare condition, adopted from Liberia, in a specific town is very much identifying info. Her husband could get in a lot of trouble, not to mention it's ethically fucked up for him, your friend, and you to share it.

I agree. This is all a lot of identifying information. Forward it to the appropriate child services agency (nurses are mandated reporters, and I would assume that dumping one sibling due to medical needs is very much grounds for a child abuse case) and let it drop. This girl deserves her privacy, as does her sister.

While I admire her concern, this post and your friend's e-mail violates this girl's privacy. In nursing school, I was taught that any potentially identifying information cannot be shared. A girl with a somewhat rare condition, adopted from Liberia, in a specific town is very much identifying info. Her husband could get in a lot of trouble, not to mention it's ethically fucked up for him, your friend, and you to share it.

I know HIPPA laws, my job is registration and initial triage for the ER of a Trauma Center!

I will ask the MODs to delete this post, and if that can't be done I will ask that others don't post on this thread and let it die a quiet death.

Sorry!

Miss M.

I know HIPPA laws, my job is registration and initial triage for the ER of a Trauma Center!

Then what in the world possessed you to violate privacy standards?

Then what in the world possessed you to violate privacy standards?

I took out the identifiers other than WA state, and actually pediatric RA is not that uncommon anymore, at least not in my area!

Sorry Treemom, the main forum I spend my time at (other than here) has a 15 minute rule, after 15 minutes you can't edit a post.

M.

Archived