IGNORED

Santorum/Duggar Ticket

mrs

Speculating that maybe Jim Bob has dreams of being VP. Hence the Duggars on the campaign trail? And the short TLC season.

(I know this is way out in left field, I was just thinking it could be worse if Santorum actually wins the Rep. ticket.) :)

Twilight Zone opening ->www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk&feature=related

Oh crap, what if Santorum really is thinking this?

I know. Scary. At least they won't be on TLC anymore.... O wait, maybe that's why the Bates are getting a 'trial' show. ;)

I seriously doubt Santorum would pick him. But I do worry he may receive some sort of cushy position.

I know. Scary. At least they won't be on TLC anymore.... O wait, maybe that's why the Bates are getting a 'trial' show. ;)

I seriously doubt Santorum would pick him. But I do worry he may receive some sort of cushy position.

Without so much as an Associates degree from a community college?

In the unlikely event that nutter actually does become the nominee, the odds of him beating Obama are slim to none. And if slim to none does come to pass, you can be assured he will be more controlled by the dark powers in this country than even George W. Bush was. No way does any country bumpkin reality show star whose claim to fame is how many times he made his wife pregnant get any presidential assignment. Except for perhaps Ceremonial King of Successful Marital Bed Ejaculations.

Really. Does anyone really think any of the Republicans are winning this one?

Most women use birth control. Most men are glad they do. Most women work. Most men are glad they do. It seems that they will lose the race based on practicality alone.

Although I am praying and beseeching the heavens to let Santorum get the nomination, ESPECIALLY with a Duggar as running mate. We won't have seen lolz like this in decades. It will be like watching GWB give a lecture on nuclear, no NUKYULER physics. For months on end.

Whoever wins, I plan on making this presidential race a giant fucking drinking game, sobering up just long enough to vote for Obama.

Jennifer, I'm not so sure it's unlikely. Who would have thought Santorum would have been taken seriously this long? And now he's catching up to the most level-headed Republican and passing him. I would have expected Gingrich over Santorum.

There are plenty of Christians in this country who would vote for Santorum and "family man of the year" Duggar over "non-Christian," "born in Africa, despite his birth certificate," "Muslim" Obama. The majority really do think that we non-Christians in the minority are oppressing them, and if what happened in California with Prop 8 has shown us anything, it's that when the nuts want to mobilize and band together, they can do it.

While it may be slightly less than likely, I don't think for a moment that Santorum has no chance at all, especially with Jim Boob. However, if it happens there will likely be an uprising when Santorum starts using executive powers "for god" and starts banning women from the workplace and mandating prayer in public schools, which he probably would do.

Most women use birth control. Most men are glad they do. Most women work. Most men are glad they do. It seems that they will lose the race based on practicality alone.

It's frightening how many women who've used birth control are siding with the church on this one though. Churches are pitting people against common sense. "Good" Christians will always side with the church, even against their better interests, and it helps with pastors "gently" remind them of that every fucking week and when freaks like Santorum preach the bible to guilt people into siding with him.

Religion is DANGEROUS.

Jim Boob for VP, Smuggar for Secretary of Education! They're both so qualified!

I think churches are going to get far more involved in politics than we have seen before, should Santorum get the nomination. It's a scary thought. Elle is right on the money with women being guilted into voting like a "good Christian," voting as the church thinks you should.

Jennifer, I'm not so sure it's unlikely. Who would have thought Santorum would have been taken seriously this long? And now he's catching up to the most level-headed Republican and passing him. I would have expected Gingrich over Santorum.

There are plenty of Christians in this country who would vote for Santorum and "family man of the year" Duggar over "non-Christian," "born in Africa, despite his birth certificate," "Muslim" Obama. The majority really do think that we non-Christians in the minority are oppressing them, and if what happened in California with Prop 8 has shown us anything, it's that when the nuts want to mobilize and band together, they can do it.

While it may be slightly less than likely, I don't think for a moment that Santorum has no chance at all, especially with Jim Boob. However, if it happens there will likely be an uprising when Santorum starts using executive powers "for god" and starts banning women from the workplace and mandating prayer in public schools, which he probably would do.

The lead fell into Santorum's lap simply because after Gingrich, there was no anti-Romney left. Most people don't know much about Santorum, but they are learning quickly. And every time he opens his mouth, he makes it less likely that he'll ever be the nominee.

I think Romney will recover and end up with the most delegates. If no one has enough to automatically get the nomination, this will go to the convention. And if that happens, Santorum will not be the nominee as he is considered completely unelectable by the Republican powers-that-be. Just today, Alan Simpson, a former Republican colleague called Santorum "rigid and disgusting".

And if it did happen, do you really think any of the states that went for Obama last time are going to suddenly flip and go for a lunatic with a 13th century mindset?

As for Jim Bob being a VP candidate, I can’t understand how anyone could seriously think that would ever happen. Just because we can’t see them, don’t forget there are serious power brokers running the show here. Power brokers who no doubt learned a lesson from the Sarah Palin debacle. And she was at least a governor at the time.

It's frightening how many women who've used birth control are siding with the church on this one though. Churches are pitting people against common sense. "Good" Christians will always side with the church, even against their better interests, and it helps with pastors "gently" remind them of that every fucking week and when freaks like Santorum preach the bible to guilt people into siding with him.

Religion is DANGEROUS.

I think they will side with them for now. But as soon as the lack of birth control is imminent, shit will hit the fucking fan. Even die-hard Duggar defenders don't want to squirt out womb-droppings every year.

In the unlikely event that nutter actually does become the nominee, the odds of him beating Obama are slim to none.

This. I cannot comprehend that he'll get te nomination of the GOP. Romney is the only current candidate who makes any sense. And Obama would still win.

My husband thinks that Obama has someone assigned to writing down all the crazy shit the various Republican nominees say. They really could not make this easier for him.

My husband thinks that Obama has someone assigned to writing down all the crazy shit the various Republican nominees say. They really could not make this easier for him.

Is it bad that I want Santorum to get the nomination just so we can see his crazy repeated in the attack ads? The sad thing is that the crazies who believe Santorum's rhetoric wouldn't think repeating his speeches in attack ads is too much of an attack... :whistle:

Is it bad that I want Santorum to get the nomination just so we can see his crazy repeated in the attack ads? The sad thing is that the crazies who believe Santorum's rhetoric wouldn't think repeating his speeches in attack ads is too much of an attack... :whistle:

I want it also! With a side of Duggar.

The turnout for the Republican primaries has been very low. I think a lot of Republicans are going to be voting for Obama this time around.

Honestly, I see this election as a death-knoll for the Republican party. I wonder if they are going to fizzle and the Democrats split into moderate and a left wing parties. Chris Christie might have a chance in 2016 if he signs the gay marriage bill and runs as a moderate to distance himself from the rest of the party leadership. Most Americans are not whack-jobs; the Republicans have gone way too far this time.

There's an entire staff assigned to this type of stuff.

They must laugh their arses off all day.

I highly doubt Jim Boob would get a VP nom. Like someone else mentioned, a reality tv star with no college education and, what, 1-2 terms as a state representative whose only platform was "ban abortions?" And whose only claim to fame is turning his wife into a human PEZ dispenser? Santorum's a dumbass, but not that big of a dumbass.

Though I see Jim Boob and Smuggar latching onto his coattails in an effort to score themselves some cushy jobs if he DOES win, since they're so power-hungry.

This primary season has been ridiculous. Each GOP nomination has had too many "....seriously?" moments and it sunk Cain and Perry and Bachmann already. I'm also surprised Santorum has lasted this long. In my college history class, the day after Obama won, a student spoke up and said he was a proud Republican, but voted Obama because of Sarah Palin. Hell, I wrote an entire paper in that class about how I think Caribou Barbie cost McCain the election. I could see a LOT of Republicans doing that this time around too, no matter who gets the nomination.

Archived