IGNORED

19kac- Everyone excited about tonight's show on... a haircut

holierthanyou

I guess the ratings have been good enough to keep the show going for probably another year or two. I wonder what they're going to come up with if Michelle can't have anymore kids. Maybe another overseas missionary trip for some of the older ones? We'll never get to see any of them have a real career, and in the case of the girls, we very likely won't see a wedding either. TLC should do a follow up in about 15 years showing us this huge family , with Jim Bob and Michelle well into their 60's by then, having 18 grown "children" ranging from 17 to 37 living in their house. The thought of all those girls and all of the boys sharing a bedroom really creeps me out.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG wouldn't that be a hoot? A bunch of damn near middle-aged men and women all hanging around the house, all of them still virgins, and complaining about having to keep tabs on Ma and Pa Duggar? And the smaller kids may just as well be the kids' kids, by dint of the wide age range, esp. the youngest batch. By this time they WILL be calling the older kids "Mom" and "Dad", and Ma/Pa,

"Grandma"/"Grandpa" at least out of earshot, that is...this has some potential for some mad comedy!

OMG wouldn't that be a hoot? A bunch of damn near middle-aged men and women all hanging around the house, all of them still virgins, and complaining about having to keep tabs on Ma and Pa Duggar? And the smaller kids may just as well be the kids' kids, by dint of the wide age range, esp. the youngest batch. By this time they WILL be calling the older kids "Mom" and "Dad", and Ma/Pa,

"Grandma"/"Grandpa" at least out of earshot, that is...this has some potential for some mad comedy!

Isn't that a pretty good description of the Arndt's????

I wonder if all the Arndt boys share a room. The oldest one is about 30 and no sign of courtship for any of them. I suspect that's how the Duggars will be soon enough.

I wonder if Anna will go up and down the line when she has ten kids tossing food in their mouths to keep them happy while getting their hair cut? My son got his first cut at about a year oldand he LOVES it. He's now almost two and he always sits relatively still enjoying all the fuss the stylist makes over him. We go to the same Hair Cuttery so they know him and fawn over him.

I think Anna doesn't want to have a ton of kids super quick. I felt it was pretty crazy taking all those kids alone to the playground. The J'slaves must have been happy to have a break. Couldn't Michelle have watched Michael? I doubt he got much out of the much anticipated first trip to the playground since he was in almost none of the shots so I bet he was sitting in his carrier the whole time. Guess it was a normal day for him.

Couldn't Michelle have watched Michael? That had to be sarcasm.

Wow! Even I hadn't thought that part of the interviews were filmed AFTER she lost the baby, but you guys could be RIGHT. That is even sicker than leading viewers along with the "happy pregnancy--I'm doing everything you've all said I should" story line.

I saw the Arndt special on rerun a few months ago, and no, the brothers don't all share one room. I think they pretty much have them paired up in twos and threes. Even though they are fundy, they seemed at least somewhat normal....and all of the grown men were working in the same business as their father, court reporting. One of the older guys actually had a female friend helping out with the softball fundraiser classic. It's kind of puzzling that none of them has gotten married yet, aren't the 2 older ones 30 and over?

I guess the ratings have been good enough to keep the show going for probably another year or two. I wonder what they're going to come up with if Michelle can't have anymore kids. Maybe another overseas missionary trip for some of the older ones? We'll never get to see any of them have a real career, and in the case of the girls, we very likely won't see a wedding either. TLC should do a follow up in about 15 years showing us this huge family , with Jim Bob and Michelle well into their 60's by then, having 18 grown "children" ranging from 17 to 37 living in their house. The thought of all those girls and all of the boys sharing a bedroom really creeps me out.

I agree if the show does last another year, they will probably focus on oversears trips or something. If Anna is pregnant with baby#3, they will try and focus on that for awhile.

I agree if the show does last another year, they will probably focus on oversears trips or something. If Anna is pregnant with baby#3, they will try and focus on that for awhile

Good grief where would they go?? China?? Please NO. Besides, they'll likely be following Santorum around for a while yet. I'm guessing J/M are hoping the Valentine's Day trip will result in a new baby so we'll have that if they get lucky.

8 High School Graduates? Josiah has already "graduated"?? So, what's he doing to earn a living??

8 High School Graduates? Josiah has already "graduated"?? So, what's he doing to earn a living??

Yes, sometime last year. I think all of the kids have been done around age 16 at the oldest.

He's taking college plus courses on-line, but beyond that, I don't know what he's doing. He's probably not required to help with the major day-to-day work like child care, clearning, and cooking. He used to clean the toilets, but he's a man now. My guess is that he's been assigned to assist Joseph who assists John.

Despite their closeness in age, I've noticed over the years that Joseph and Josiah don't seem to have any sort of relationship with each other.

My guess is that Josiah is plotting his escape. If he does stick it out in the fundie world I actually think he'd be a decent salesman compared to his older brothers.

Archived