IGNORED

The Stinking Lousewife’s Leg Humpers Can’t Even Volunteer...

GolightlyGrrl

And it just occurred to my 3rd paragraph is Taryn like in stream of consciousness.... blame the cold meds. I'm going back to bed. <----- full of snot ugh.

We're all sick over here too, and I made the mistake of taking the non drowsy cold medicine at night. That shit is like speed. LOL

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know. I explain myself too much, it's an annoying habit I need to get out of. I just get so damn mad at these people that have no concept of anyone else's lives and hardships and think if you're homeless/sick/poor/ etc. that you should be in a fucking cardboard box with holey clothes and better damn be grateful that some righteous bitch looked down upon you and judged you while feeding you some hamburger helper.

They're just ignorant. Pay no attention to people like that.

They're just ignorant. Pay no attention to people like that.

Yeah, they are. I'm just going to try to get my snark on without taking everything to heart. We'll see how it goes. :)

Also, hope you feel better. Those cold medicines really are like drug-store speed!

Oh no, you didn't, chiccy.

You know what? Selling a used iPad will not provide you with meals. It is a fixed amount of money which will get eaten up by other debts fast. It is not a constant source of income.

You know something else? I called in to work today explaining I was going to be off because I needed to find somewhere to live. Tell me what I should lose to pull me out of poverty. My smartphone, because povvos shouldn't have phones? If I get a crappy one and visibly cringe and bow while I am using it, will that work?

I have no home, and I am absolutely terrified by what may happen to me. This is a horror story that no amount of iPads will fix. I have a low paid job and a person I want to live with who can't pay the rent. I have no fucking clue where we will end up. That is scary as shit.

Selling an iPad or a smartphone will get a person a couple more weeks of food, and after those couple of weeks are over, the person is still in the same situation that he or she was in before. Actually they are worse off because they become cut off from the outside world. You need your phone. Pay no attention to that nonsense.

I don't think she made it up. My theory on the iPad thing is that some of the "homeless" (?) people she was serving did in fact have iPads. This pissed off Lousewife, but instead of saying something like "What were they doing with iPads?! Why didn't they sell their iPads and get food" or whatever, she decided to be passive-aggressive about it and just "mention" that they were using iPads. After all, she wouldn't want to grouse too much, because after all the women were talking about the Bible. (they were the ones with "an inkling of beauty and truth in them," after all.) But I'm sure it's one of Lousewife's lingering resentments about the experience.

I feel really sorry for people who have iPads who eat at the homeless shelter--maybe even sorrier than for people *without* iPads who eat at the homeless shelter. The former situation just shows that they have no sense of money, will likely never be able to budget or save well enough to pull themselves up out of poverty, and would trade their dignity (=the ability to pay for meals outside the homeless shelter) for a new gadget. Which most likely was bought on credit and then defaulted on. My point is just that the iPads are (probably) evidence of a very sad situation.

ETA: It's also barely possible that the women worked at one of the many big companies that are giving iPads to all their employees these days.

It doesn't really matter to me one way or another, but I think a lot of the observations people like TSH make are just lies.

I only have experience with one homeless shelter. We serve a meal there once a month. I've never seen anybody we serve with an iPhone or iPad. I suppose that doesn't mean that they don't have them; perhaps they're just put away. Maybe things are different elsewhere, but either way, I don't think it even makes a difference.

I have no home, and I am absolutely terrified by what may happen to me. This is a horror story that no amount of iPads will fix. I have a low paid job and a person I want to live with who can't pay the rent. I have no fucking clue where we will end up. That is scary as shit.

You are in my thoughts, JFC.

(((JFC))) You are in my thoughts. Please keep mind the Jingerites are in your corner and want to help.

In a recent panel discussion on poverty for "The Tavis Smiley Show" the totally kick-ass Barbara Ehrenreich stated (and I'm paraphrasing) "Poverty is not a character flaw; poverty is a lack of money."

But to the Non-Thinking Housewife and her leg humpers, if you are poor, struggling, homeless, whatever, it is a reflection on your character, or better yet, your lack of character. You're obese, you use an iPad, you watchy cheesy TV shows, etc. Well, you should be so happy that "Grateful Reader" lowers herself to feed you worthless bums.

These people make me sick. Their lack of empathy for their fellow man and woman is positively sociopathic! They have no right to call themselves Christian; they are the least Christ-like people I have ever known. My darling friend Nora is a Buddhist and she is much better example of Christ's teachings.

As we all know, life can turn on a dime. Failure, as well as success, can be so random. One day your life is going great, and next thing you know, you've lost a job, your spouse dies, a child falls seriously ill, and you need help.

Non-Thinking Housewife better pray long and hard she never falls on hard times. She's been out of the work place for over twenty years, and I'm sure her skills are shit. Plus, I bet any employer who Googled her name would be completely disgusted by her blog and her views. Who would want to bring such evil to one's company or organization?

I'm just disgusted, totally disgusted.

Edited due to major riffles.

Oh no, you didn't, chiccy.

You know what? Selling a used iPad will not provide you with meals. It is a fixed amount of money which will get eaten up by other debts fast. It is not a constant source of income.

You know something else? I called in to work today explaining I was going to be off because I needed to find somewhere to live. Tell me what I should lose to pull me out of poverty. My smartphone, because povvos shouldn't have phones? If I get a crappy one and visibly cringe and bow while I am using it, will that work?

JesusFightClub, I'm really sorry about your situation and it sounds awful. I hope you find yourself on more steady ground soon. However, you misread what I said. I was mocking Lousewife and people of her ilk for thinking the homeless ladies should just sell their iPads and buy food. It is not what I believe (although I do think money should go toward food before it goes toward an iPad.)

People who got on me for this: please reread what I said originally.

Also, of course I understand that people can end up homeless very quickly and unpredictably, and that it doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of gadgetry they have or do not have. However, it is also true that Americans are notorious for spending money they do not have, and if this is the situation in the case of the iPad ladies, I am sorry for them.

JesusFightClub, I'm really sorry about your situation and it sounds awful. I hope you find yourself on more steady ground soon. However, you misread what I said. I was mocking Lousewife and people of her ilk for thinking the homeless ladies should just sell their iPads and buy food. It is not what I believe (although I do think money should go toward food before it goes toward an iPad.)

People who got on me for this: please reread what I said originally.

Also, of course I understand that people can end up homeless very quickly and unpredictably, and that it doesn't necessarily correlate with the amount of gadgetry they have or do not have. However, it is also true that Americans are notorious for spending money they do not have, and if this is the situation in the case of the iPad ladies, I am sorry for them.

I think the Stinking Housewife should make room for you on the amen pew. There are plenty of families like mine that tried to do things right financially and still find themselves living hand to mouth. I counted and in the 7 years since we bought our house, I've had 5 surgeries and we've had two layoffs. We are lucky to still be in our home.

I think the Stinking Housewife should make room for you on the amen pew. There are plenty of families like mine that tried to do things right financially and still find themselves living hand to mouth. I counted and in the 7 years since we bought our house, I've had 5 surgeries and we've had two layoffs. We are lucky to still be in our home.

Spending money we don't have huh? our credit card debt totals $500. That's it. And that was accrued buying groceries when my husband was unemployed. We however, had $10,000 in medical bills because while insured, our insurance SCREWED us over we're just now paid off half of it. Luckily, THANK G_D, while they drive me batty, my inlaws frequently ask us "is there anything semi-big you need done" like renewing our car tags, or replacing two bald tires on a car... If we didn't have them.... we'd be terrifically worse off than we are now. As it is now, at least we can afford to get cheap take out once in a blue moon as a treat!

Of course I know that not all Americans are guilty of "spending money they don't have." I know from personal experience that medical bills in particular can screw people over quickly. Nonetheless, many Americans are in fact guilty of spending money they don't have.

Of course I know that not all Americans are guilty of "spending money they don't have." I know from personal experience that medical bills in particular can screw people over quickly. Nonetheless, many Americans are in fact guilty of spending money they don't have.

Sorry i'm just REALLY sensitive about it. My father likes to tell me how to spend my money. He and my mom have cleaning ladies, go out of the country at LEAST once a year, and frequently go antiquing and out to eat.... and yet... when I had to quit my job right before I had my son for health reasons (was going into premature labor!) , my inlaws who make what ONE OF THEM makes together, were the ones who helped us, not them. :( yeah sure, my mom would get us some groceries once in a while, but when I asked for some help buying some new underthings (all of mine had holes, big ones) it was like "oh no we can't help you".

Sorry i'm just REALLY sensitive about it. My father likes to tell me how to spend my money. He and my mom have cleaning ladies, go out of the country at LEAST once a year, and frequently go antiquing and out to eat.... and yet... when I had to quit my job right before I had my son for health reasons (was going into premature labor!) , my inlaws who make what ONE OF THEM makes together, were the ones who helped us, not them. :( yeah sure, my mom would get us some groceries once in a while, but when I asked for some help buying some new underthings (all of mine had holes, big ones) it was like "oh no we can't help you".

No worries. Sorry your parents are like that; it sounds quite insensitive and unhelpful... BTW, I share your fiery hatred of health insurance companies (that was you, right?) and I think it is outrageous how quickly one insurance denial can make a rich person bankrupt.

I think people should spend responsibly, but I have no idea how those iPad girls actually got their iPads, nor do I resent it. My original point was merely that Lousewife seems to resent it.

Why try to explain yourself and then throw in that last sentence? It voids out everything else you said.

The people spending money they don't have are usually middle or middle upper class. Poor people don't generally have great credit, they qualify for those crappy predatory loans and not a whole lot else.

Also, some people (like ilovetchotchkes) find themselves in situations where any expenditures are things they cannot afford. So if you need a new pair of work pants or a bottle of cough syrup, you have to put it on credit.

I actually agree that a lot of Americans spend money they don't have on frivolous things, but that is not how one becomes homeless and does not really belong in this conversation.

Thank you guys! I'm so sorry to vent all over the thread (do I need carpet cleaner?) but what you said made me feel so much better.

Last night was really the final straw, another, er, arm of the State (tentacle possibly) showed up asking questions. It was unpleasant. Between that, the homelessness stuff, and other things I am so "aargh" and snappy right now. Chiccy, I am sorry I jumped at you.

I spent a large portion of today staring blankly at a pub wall with a full pint in front of me until an old man came past and said "Sweetheart, are ye alri' ?"

These things are sent to try us. I am making a plan. Slowly.

Thank you guys! I'm so sorry to vent all over the thread (do I need carpet cleaner?) but what you said made me feel so much better.

Last night was really the final straw, another, er, arm of the State (tentacle possibly) showed up asking questions. It was unpleasant. Between that, the homelessness stuff, and other things I am so "aargh" and snappy right now. Chiccy, I am sorry I jumped at you.

I spent a large portion of today staring blankly at a pub wall with a full pint in front of me until an old man came past and said "Sweetheart, are ye alri' ?"

You don't need carpet cleaner, you need another DRINK ! *hugs*

No worries. JesusFightClub, I know I can't begin to understand the position you are in, but it sounds extremely rough and I know you don't deserve to be in it. I am pulling for you.

I feel really sorry for people who have iPads who eat at the homeless shelter--maybe even sorrier than for people *without* iPads who eat at the homeless shelter. The former situation just shows that they have no sense of money, will likely never be able to budget or save well enough to pull themselves up out of poverty, and would trade their dignity (=the ability to pay for meals outside the homeless shelter) for a new gadget. Which most likely was bought on credit and then defaulted on. My point is just that the iPads are (probably) evidence of a very sad situation.

ETA: It's also barely possible that the women worked at one of the many big companies that are giving iPads to all their employees these days.

The iPads could also be evidence of very generous patrons.

I used to work at a "shelter" (well, it was really a transitional housing program), that was run by Catholic Charities, for homeless women with children. There was a wealthy family that belonged to the local diocese, who were gracious enough to throw a Christmas party each year for the residents. The Christmas party included gifts where the residents, and their children, could each list their top 3 wishlist items. People would ask for things like i-pods (this was before the iPad), and Nintendo DS game systems--one person even asked for a bike. The benefactors would always try to get each person's top wish item, which often meant that residents were able to get the new fangled gadget that was out that year. The fact that they had a new gadget in their possession, was evidence of a (wealthy) someone else choosing to splurge on them so that they could have a nice holiday like other families do.

If you ever want to talk, I'm only a pm away. Everything will be okay. I am thinking about you.

As an evil, atheist, liberal woman who regularly volunteers at a food bank. I am disgusted at the tone she used to describe the people she was suppose to help.

She cam there looking for reasons to look down on these poor women and of course she found them.

Shut this bitch up!

Archived