IGNORED

Duggar Article in Time

PurpleGlinda

healthland.time.com/2012/02/16/19-kids-and-counting-why-the-duggar-family-keeps-having-kids/?iid=hl-category-mostpop1

Found this article while doing homework for my Poli Sci class. I found it interesting because the author basically expresses my feelings about them.

There are many "Quiverfull" people...look at the illegals in our country, they are having one every year to overpopulate their race in our country...and why is that, it is not for the love of God! The Duggars are God loving people, that is wonderful, but I think they have gone over the edge...

show more show less

And after reading that heartwarming comment I'm done with the comments section on that article.

Well well well... look who chimed in!

Chris Jeub, Educator, publisher and small business consultant

This is a fair article, and I commend the Duggars for letting the world into their lives, even at painful moments. Loving many children in a family of ump-teen children IS possible, in fact quite enjoyable. When you have a big family, you see the "impossible" roll out every day.

I suspect this is what makes the Duggar's TV show so interesting. They display compounded love with so many children that, perhaps, viewers wonder "what if I lived in a house so full of love?"

Read more: http://healthland.time.com/2012/02/16/1 ... z1n2T03bCt

I think he's real.

They display compounded love with so many children that, perhaps, viewers wonder "what if I lived in a house so full of love?"

Oh, gag. If I want unconditional, unquestioning worship, love, and trust - I look to my cats. Pets are GOOD at that sort of thing.

If I want a normal, healthy relationship with love but not so much worship going on - I look to my nieces, sister, and mother.

If I want fear and worship... well, then I might start popping out a dozen kids and indoctrinating them, but honestly, I don't see the point.

I think he's real.

Chris Jeub, Educator, publisher and small business consultant...

and legend in his own tiny mind!

Seriously, what a self-serving, narcissistic git. I should leave a comment stating the following:

Jennifer K, writer, editor, crafter, cat lover, cookie baker, watcher of Parks and Rec, master at snark, toilet scrubber, bellydancer....

One of the responses pointed out that they are leaving J'ichelle's health up to God, but allowed medicine to do everything it could for baby 19. Have the Duggars ever been asked to explain why they ignore a doctor's warnings about what could happen to Jichelle if she's pregnant again, but didn't hesitate to put Josie in the NICU?

Oh, gag. If I want unconditional, unquestioning worship, love, and trust - I look to my cats. Pets are GOOD at that sort of thing.

If I want a normal, healthy relationship with love but not so much worship going on - I look to my nieces, sister, and mother.

If I want fear and worship... well, then I might start popping out a dozen kids and indoctrinating them, but honestly, I don't see the point.

Yeah, thing is, if you have 19 cats, the city will come in and seize them cause guess what? You can't take care of 19 cats at once! But 19 babies? Sure, why not. What makes them think they can juggle 19 children and actually meet all their basic needs (they don't of course, the j'slaves do, but most people don't know this) much less pay time and attention and love to them? Big families are one thing, but that is just insane. And that's why people watch. It's insane. It's like watching the tighrope walker and wondering when they're going to fall.

Cats dont worship you, you worship the cats. Remember that the cat owns you. :animals-cat:

I suspect this is what makes the Duggar's TV show so interesting. They display compounded love with so many children that, perhaps, viewers wonder "what if I lived in a house so full of love?"

So since I only have 2 siblings, my house isn't full of love? Give me a break.

Edited because code broke.

Why don't you ask Jordyn about that "house so full of love"? Oh, wait, she can't talk. Why don't you ask Justin about that "house so full of love"?

Why don't you ask Jordyn about that "house so full of love"? Oh, wait, she can't talk. Why don't you ask Justin about that "house so full of love"?

And while we're at it, lets see if they can spell "house!"

Yeah, thing is, if you have 19 cats, the city will come in and seize them cause guess what? You can't take care of 19 cats at once!

Not to go too far off topic, but the city won't do that unless there's evidence that you aren't taking care of the cats, and there have been complaints.

If the house is clean, the litterboxes are being kept up, their medical needs are being met (with 19 of them, that definitely means they've all been fixed), and they're being well-fed and socialized properly, the authorities won't care.

Now, whether or not any one person or family can take care of nineteen cats to an acceptable level of care is beyond the scope of this comment, and frankly, I'd be more than concerned about your sanity in taking in 19 high-care animals such as cats. It's not like having 19 goldfish (and goldfish themselves require more care than most people realize).

After making this comment, it occurs to me that I, too, am applying a higher standard of care for housecats than some parties apply for children. The fault here isn't mine, though - taking care of a dependent child's medical, social, and nutritional needs is basic.

Seriously, what a self-serving, narcissistic git. I should leave a comment stating the following:

Jennifer K, writer, editor, crafter, cat lover, cookie baker, watcher of Parks and Rec, master at snark, toilet scrubber, bellydancer....

I laughed at Chris's comment. I agree he comes off as self serving and narccisst. Self-publishing books isn't anything special unless you're like Amanda Hocking who has 2 million dollars off of self-publishing books. The idea of Chris trying to be a business consultant is a fucking joke.

I love your titles golightly and I love Parks and Rec.

Guest Anonymous

I have a garage. Does this mean I'm a car?

One of the comments asked if TIME researches their articles before publishing them. It seems that most articles do, but when it comes to a seemingly white, Christian patriarchal family that is "full of love" they don't, because America has always been traditionally Christian, of course. /sarcasm.

Archived