IGNORED

Susanna Keller wearing Short-shorts & Kellers Disowning Son

treemom

luv2laugh - (05/13/11 14:06:23)

Absolutely no offense to the Keller Family, I am only posting what others have found publically. I feel that talking with people and showing them God's love is SO important and a priority.

I came across a photo of Susanna Keller wearing short-shorts, posing with her boyfriend who was wearing blue eyeliner. Yes, I was very shocked. This is on her public facebook profile (which I think it's a bad idea that she opens it to the public.) She also has another profile picture of Josh and Anna Duggar's wedding day on the TV with someone angrily clawing at their hair in annoyance and Susanna comments, "This picture explains all!" It sounds to me like she must be feeling some sort of animosity toward her family and is desperate to stand out & rebel, (especially by leaving her facebook public).

PBrooke did some research on facebook and found that the Keller Family is shunning their son, Daniel and his wife and also disapprove of Susanna's seemingly wordly behavior:

*At Thanksgiving, a poster asks, “Where was Esther?" (Who couldn’t make it because she lives in Oregon and has 6 kids & one on the way) (Deliberately did not ask where Daniel was since he is seemingly no longer a member of the family.

Daniel replies to the picture stating, “F[Censored Language] that I wasn’t invited!†This shows that he is being 'shunned' from the family. This is likely because in his marriage, he more so submits to his wife’s wishes instead of having her obey him.

http://www.facebook.com/p...0000799838307&type=1

*Esther’s husband replies to an old photo of Susanna dressed very modestly and responds, “I like this look much better…. That’s the suze I remember. Very sweet.-John.†They seem to disapprove of Susanna's change and miss how she used to be.

http://www.facebook.com/p...7&type=1&theater

*Jessica, one of the members on here, found this that Daniel even states he wishes he was adopted. “Daniel: I wish I was adopted.

His uncle: Why...Think of it this way. Then you would not have such a "Great" Uncle!!!

His wife: Haha... Then he might have had a great dad!"

*Here Daniel listed another woman as his “Mother†on Facebook and not his own. http://www.facebook.com/m...84.27528.100000799838307

*Sola found this: Daniel said "Last time I checked that was only half of the fam." Susanna replied, "Yep sure is. Miss u soo much bro."

http://www.facebook.com/p...7&type=1&theater

Clearly, the Kellers seem to have a dysfunctional family and Josh & Anna are doing their best to try to not let anyone onto it.

EDIT: Had to fix the links and adding more findings.

*Jessica also found the link to Rebekah's Husband's (Susanna's Brother-in-law's) expose on the details of Josh and Anna's wedding, how he does not speak with Josh & how him and his wife no longer part of ATI, and the ramifications that he had with TLC. http://duggarswithoutpity.blogspot.com/ ... sider.html

These are some bits of his lengthy post. Read it in it’s entirety by clicking on the link as he goes on more about TLC manipulative ways and twisting the ministry of the show into it being sex-related:

"There have been many comments about the integrity of the Keller family and I would like to reveal some information that may set the record straight. However, there are some items that were offensive, because even if I don't agree with my in-laws on a lot of (most) things, they are still my wife's family.

That, and TLC did what media usually does: they twisted things to make them say what they wanted said. TLC has done a good job of using their show as a tool to change some things into UNreality.

As far as their [Duggar’s] beliefs are concerned: there are many areas where I disagree with my in-laws (and my own parents for that matter). I was raised in the same ATI/Bill Gothard/homeschool sect as the Duggars and Kellers, and as I grew older, I found the lack of truth in the teachings of this person and organizaton and developed my own convictions and standards. My wife and I are both beyond many of the things we were raised in and have left the quiverful movement and it's associated mentality behind.

That's not to say that we do not claim conservative Christianity. We both do. However, the fundamental junk that has permeated into a legalistic mindset of supposed relevant standards and lifestyles are all sickening to me. The sad thing about it is that a lot of people raised in this lifestyle never even stop to think for themselves and consider what the Bible really teaches. I did, and that's why I fall on the other side of the line from the rest of my family. Snark at me for being a conservative Christian, but don't snark at me for not thinking for myself….

Their children are socially capable, and adequately rounded young people. Sheltered, yes; stupid, no. They are fun and engaging. I Wouldn't have married my wife if this weren't so…."

Last Edited By: luv2laugh 05/14/11 15:26:33. Edited 21 times.

debrand (05/13/11 14:09:28)

Can you post a link?

luv2laugh (05/13/11 14:11:46)

It's one of her profile pictures on her facebook. She leaves it public which I think is a bad idea.

PBrooke (05/13/11 14:18:29)

Ha! She DOES apparently have a public facebook now. That must be fairly recent. And yep, the pic is in profile pics (though it's not the default pic). The default pic is verrrry interesting...

clibbyjo (05/13/11 14:21:07)

Who is she?

PBrooke (05/13/11 14:22:13)

Susanna Keller? The younger sister of Anna Keller, who's married to a Duggar.

Also, note only her profile pics are public, not her wall or other pics or anything.

Eponine (05/13/11 14:22:44)

Which Susanna Keller is she on Facebook? I'm bad at figuring this stuff out.

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out by Josh and Anna in the profile pic ha!

clibbyjo (05/13/11 14:23:33)

Oh, thanks!! I don;t have cable so unless I am no vacation and have a hotel room with cable, I have rarely seen the Duggars

Kelya (05/13/11 14:24:50)

I think I've found it...is her profile picture have Josh and Anna on the TV in the background?

She's also wearing a tank top in one!

Eponine (05/13/11 14:27:36)

She's wearing tank tops in a few of them and one looks like a halter top but I can't be sure. There is also the typical college girl style makeup. She actually looks pretty normal - is Anna's family as conservative as the Duggars?

luv2laugh (05/13/11 14:31:15)

Susanna no longer lives with her family at home. She moved to Texas.

PBrooke (05/13/11 14:33:49)

Yes, for the most part, they are (though you know how no fundie family is exactly alike, each seems to pick and choose which rules to bend). Seeing Suze, living out of state from her parents, with a job, a boyfriend, etc, continues to give me hope for all the other fundie girls. One of the other Keller girls (who I assume Suze is staying with) seems to have gone the fundie ultra-lite route, too. But lest we get giddy, I share with you something ELSE I just found - the facebook of the other sister. No, the OTHER other sister. The one with six kids and #7 on the way, who "likes" Vision Forum on fb. http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 53&sk=wall

debrand (05/13/11 14:38:42)

Susanna is very pretty and I love it that she isn't starting a family as soon as she is able. It looks like she is having some fun. Good for her.

In the first photo, it looks like she is pulling her hair out because of Josh and Anna but I am sure that is just a coincidence. LOL

Last Edited By: debrand 05/13/11 14:45:07. Edited 1 times.

tehgoobster (05/13/11 14:47:17)

She is definitely not drinking the Gothard Kool-Aid, it seems. Good for her! A few months back, someone who said (here on FJ, that is) that they know the Kellers IRL said that Suze's family doesn't exactly approve of her new lifestyle. I hope they're not giving her too hard of a time about it, though. The same person also said that the Kellers are shunning Daniel, Suze's other brother. Anyway, since I'm happy for people who break away from Gothard, I'm Team Suze and Daniel! Looking at her FB, she seems like a nice kid.

PBrooke (05/13/11 14:48:46)

Sooo, I've been doing a little facebook exploration, which opens up lots of links. Just go with it.

First, remember when that poster was saying that the older married Keller brother was shunned? Hmmm: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 307&type=1

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0799838307

Like the dig from the bro-in-law here: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0799838307

D's fb: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... 23&sk=wall

tehgoobster (05/13/11 14:51:07)

I think that pretty much confirms what the poster here at FJ said. It definitely seems like he's being shunned. Poor guy. He and his wife seem nice and look happy together. I hope his parents come around because it seems like this is very hard on him.

debrand (05/13/11 14:52:07)

It made me laugh that Daniel Keller wrote, "Fuck that, I wasn't invited." Why has he been shunned?

boogalou (05/13/11 14:52:20)

The other sister has given her children some interesting names. I was going to post them but decided against it. She lists it under the picture of them on her wall. What is it with all these people and NO privacy settings?

Susanna likes Fireproof though. I guess the de-fundification process is a long one.

tehgoobster (05/13/11 14:54:14)

debrand, the person who posted here a few months back said it was because he wasn't submitting to his dad's authority and because he wasn't requiring his wife to be uber-submissive.

snickerz (05/13/11 15:01:19)

The boys' names are OK enough, but Agape? My mouth is just agape that she named her daughter Agape...

Edited to add: I'm guessing they're going by this meaning: The love of God or Christ for humankind. Pronounced Ah-gah-pey

Last Edited By: snickerz 05/13/11 15:05:41. Edited 1 times.

PBrooke (05/13/11 15:04:43)

Yeah. The poster said that it was okay if the other sisters became more liberal, IF they were married, if they're just doing what their husbands tell them to do. But supposedly Daniel's wife was wanting him to move to another state (which they apparently did) and he was (omg) listening to her opinions, which apparently shouldn't happen. Since he's the husband, he should be listening to his daddy. :P

Also note that even the koolaid-drinking fundie sister still seems to be talking to him and being affectionate, so it seems to really be between him and the parents. But then it's probably easier to stay out of squabbles from the other side of the country.

debrand (05/13/11 15:06:16)

tehgoobster wrote:

What a stupid thing reason to shut your adult child out of your life. I thought the Kellers might be nicer than the Duggars but my opinion has changed. What jerks to tell the son to make his wife be more submissive.

If this is true, good for Daniel for standing up to his parents but I know that emotionally it has to be hard for him.

sableduck (05/13/11 15:07:40)

I love Suze.

Her parents must be so proud. :-)

Also, a bunch of my non-religious or church-on-Easter firefighter friends all "like" Fireproof on facebook. It's not just a fundie thing.

theemeraldskull (05/13/11 15:07:50)

@ snickerz, Agape as in love... but I would never use that name for any child. LOL :-P

Last Edited By: theemeraldskull 05/13/11 15:10:18. Edited 1 times.

luv2laugh (05/13/11 15:12:14)

Nice find PBrooke VERY interesting #25 [-]

Blanket Trained

(05/13/11 15:12:14)

More

My Recent Posts

Message Me

Blocking

Ignore User's Posts

WOW PBrooke! Nice find!

I've looked at the links you posted....

At Thanksgiving, a poster asks, “Where was Esther? (Who couldn’t make it because she lives in Oregon and has 6 kids & one on the way) “(Deliberately did not ask where Daniel was since he is seemingly no longer a member of the family. Daniel replies th the picture stating, “F[Censored Language] that I wasn’t invited!â€

This shows that he is indeed being shunned from the family. Most likely shunned because in his marriage, he more so submits to his wife’s wishes instead of having her obey him. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... 307&type=1

Esther’s husband replies to an old photo of Susanna dressed very modestly and responds, “I like this look much better…. That’s the suze I remember. Very sweet.-John.†He is obviously against Susanna’s more ‘worldy’ ways.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Here Daniel listed another woman as his “Mother†on Facebook. Not the Keller’s. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 0799838307

Clearly, the Kellers have a dysfunctional family and Josh & Anna are doing their best to try to not let anyone onto it.

Last Edited By: luv2laugh 05/13/11 15:24:01. Edited 4 times.

sableduck (05/13/11 15:13:09)

So there is a comment on the profile picture of Josh/Anna on the tv and someone pulling their hair--Suze says that "It says it all," and that she found it online.

Which means my guess is that Susanna is googling the Duggars to see what people say about them in order to run across that picture(I saw it before on a blog and now I can't remember which one). I'm also making a wild guess that Suze reads here.

So just in case, I totally want you to know that I am Team Susanna.

luv2laugh (05/13/11 15:13:32)

Where did he post that? Can you quote it?

tehgoobster (05/13/11 15:14:45)

Yes, if Susanna reads here, I hope she knows that we all think she is awesome and badass!

jessica (05/13/11 15:16:55)

Ooooh, OUCH!!!

Daniel: I wish I was adopted.

His uncle: Why...Think of it this way. Then you would not have such a "Great" Uncle!!!

His wife: Haha.... Then he might have had a great dad!

debrand (05/13/11 15:20:21)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=168832946486699&set=a.168832546486739.27439.100000799838307&type=1

his is where Daniel states that he wasn't invited. Read the comments.

It looks like not all of the family are shunning him.

Koala (05/13/11 15:21:42)

I've got hope for this one! If she had gone absolutley wild the Keller's would have no one to blame but themselves, but it looks like she's doing pretty good. She's got a good job and is in culinary school! I think that's awesome.

Looks like Papa Keller isn't going to get to "transfer the authority" on this one.

tehgoobster (05/13/11 15:22:07)

Yeah, I think it's only his parents (especially his dad) who are shunning him.

Nefertiti (05/13/11 15:24:02)

Yeah...definitely prefer her new look to that old one. Really nice to see a young girl out there apparently living it up. I didn't really know what she looked like so I wasn't sure if those pics were actually her (omg how defrauding!) until I noticed she has like, the exact same nose as Anna.

clibbyjo (05/13/11 15:24:19)

theemeraldskull wrote:

Klassy with a capital K. Do they seriouly think that sounds good? ?

debrand (05/13/11 15:26:57)

Nefertiti wrote:

Although she looks very pretty in all the photos, she looks more grown up now. The man who claimed that he liked her better in the photo on the beach obviously doesn't want her to look like an adult woman and that is a little creepy.

If she comes on this site....Sussanna, you looked nice when you were young and your very attractive now that you are older. Your BIL comes off a bit skeevy with that comment.

Last Edited By: debrand 05/13/11 15:29:20. Edited 1 times.

MrsB (05/13/11 15:31:20)

Susanna has a Google profile, too:

https://profiles.google.com/suzie.g2992 ... 2992/about

theemeraldskull (05/13/11 15:45:45)

From what we've seen in fundieland... I don't think they even care. :-P All that matters is the holiness meaning or SUPER UBER SPESHULNESSOMG!!!!111eleventy11!!!

Hence, many fundie children are saddled with horrific names that are either unpronounceable or unspellable, and in worst times, both. :-P

Nefertiti (05/13/11 15:48:56)

Oh yes, she looks nice in all of them. I mostly meant I just like seeing her as more of an individual and less as a worker ant. Something about that beach photo reminded me of the Smurfs.

snickerz (05/13/11 15:53:46)

Oh, MY!!! Is THIS Susanna's boyfriend? His name is Nick ___ ___ (not posting the name, look in her friend's list.) A little googling brings up this: http://www.txmma.com/2011/05/05/cage-co ... -and-more/ He's 2nd row from the bottom.

tehgoobster (05/13/11 15:58:01)

OMG! Yes, that definitely IS her boyfriend! Dayum!

luv2laugh (05/13/11 15:58:23)

Wow! I guess her boyfriend is a wrestler and donning the tattoos and all? Interesting.... This is so so different than the values in Gothard and Vision Forum Ministries. Almost straying even further than most Christian values. I wonder if Susanna is upset with her family and if she is trying to be so different from them in order to make a statement.

tehgoobster (05/13/11 16:01:31)

For all we know, he could be a Christian cage fighter who just happens to have tattoos, but yeah, I'm positive Bill Gothard and Doug Phillips would not approve.

snickerz (05/13/11 16:06:03)

Yeah, I think tehgoobster is right. His facebook profile has a link to a Christian church. But he does seem a lot more "mainstream" than the Kellers & Duggars.

slickcat79 (05/13/11 16:08:02)

I'll almost give them a pass on the weird-ass names, because at least that way they aren't naming all their kids the exact same thing. One of the comments on Susanna's picture was from a Caroline(?) Renee Keller, which you can add to Anna Renee and Mackynzie Renee in the same family. Plus Anna and Susanna. Then over to the Duggars where you have Jana, JoyAnna and Johannah, plus Joshua James and James Andrew, and the younger twins have the same middle name. That's all in one generation. Seriously people, you want to devote your life to raising massive amounts of children, but you can't take 5 minutes to come up with different names for all of them?

Sola (05/13/11 16:15:29)

Another one here http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Scroll down the comments: "Daniel Keller last time i checked that was only half of the fam"

Eponine (05/13/11 16:43:11)

Anyone read her Google profile? The introduction is rather bizarre: she goes on about how she wants to spend her life with her first love and makes it sound like they're together then there's a whole section speaking to her ex boyfriend, saying she still loves him. I'm not sure if she's referring to two different guys here and if so, which one is the the on posted above. But if she's dating and hasn't blindly followed the first guy she's dated that's pretty far away from the fundie lifestyle, so good for her. I'm glad she's living the way she wants to live.

boogalou (05/13/11 16:49:58)

WHAT?!?! I have never actually heard anyone outside of fundies refer to Fireproof. Come to think of it, I had no idea what it was about. Is it about firefighters? Has anyone seen it and is it any good? Because I just may have to watch it now, after I remove my foot from my mouth, of course.

jessica (05/13/11 16:50:30)

Holy cow... Her intro sounds like someone "liked" a bunch of pages on Facebook then copied and pasted them into another page for an "autobiography".

Eponine (05/13/11 16:56:41)

I've only ever seen/heard fundies and fundie-lites referring to Fireproof as well. It has Kirk Cameron and Netflix predicts I'd only give it 2 stars so..I'll pass.

PBrooke (05/13/11 16:59:58)

That intro on her google page is pretty old - she had a boyfriend in FL. I think she just hasn't bother to update it since then. Also, it seems like the people she interacts with on google buzz are more from the fundie crowd (seriously - is buzz facebook for them?).

twin2 (05/13/11 17:05:44)

Is this the same brother who wrote an expose of TLC and Josh and Anna's wedding over at DWOP?

countressrascal (05/13/11 17:08:45)

Didn't this one go on the trip to Southest Asia last year with the Duggar's?

bananacat (05/13/11 17:17:58)

Daniel is lucky that he is being shunned by THAT family. It is a blessing in disguise. I hope Susanna runs away as fast as she can and never looks back. I wish the best of luck for both of them in their adult lives.

jessica (05/13/11 17:25:15)

Rascal, was Priscilla.

anniec (05/13/11 17:26:19)

Sorry if I missed the intros somewhere, but I couldn't help noticing luv2laugh and snickerz are new here and seem to have a big interest in the Kellers - are you related to them in some way and do you have any inside info?

As an aside, Fireproof is available to watch on Youtube. I still feel icky after watching it a couple of months ago. Bad acting and an undiagnosed and unresolved anger problem in the leading man are my outstanding memories....

Sophie (05/13/11 17:26:31)

It is a horrible movie. I could barely stomach the first part when he's all angry. And it's stupid. And kinda racist at some points.

luckylibrarian (05/13/11 17:36:31)

That was Rebekah Keller's husband that wrote the expose. Rebekah and her husband are fundie lite and don't seem to be as liberal as Daniel and Susanna.

snickerz (05/13/11 17:41:33)

Sorry, I didn't do an intro. I don't know them or have any knowledge. I'm just a nosy busy-body who likes to know other people's business!

Lainey.digestioninform... (05/13/11 17:42:58)

I can see the links you guys posted, but not the profile pictures. I want to see the pictures mentioned in the first post! Where she's wearing short shorts and her boyfriends wearing blue eye makeup. Pics or it didn't happen!

PBrooke (05/13/11 17:49:06)

The pics are there. You might have to have a facebook account, but you don't have to be friends with them or anything.

And luckylibrarian is right - I'm pretty sure Suze is staying with Rebekah in Texas. It was the brother-in-law that wrote the expose originally, but he's since showed some serious remorse for bringing attention to his (immediate) family, and they've got their own facebooks on lockdown. She does appear to be Baptist of some sort, but her girls wear pants, etc.

tehgoobster (05/13/11 17:51:01)

He did? Did he say he felt bad about writing that? I hadn't heard that.

PBrooke (05/13/11 17:55:32)

He didn't say he felt bad for WRITING it - he got pissy at people on TWOP when they originally found Rebekah's (then unlocked) facebook and commented on the cute kids! I believe his reasoning was something along the lines of, the Duggars allowed themselves to be put out there, but he and his wife weren't interested in putting their own family out there - in fact a good chunk of the original bitching about TLC was that he didn't want to sign the release form to have his face on TV and Sean threw a hissy fit, so it fits that he doesn't want the attention. Rebekah's been on there another time, I believe, but it was for Anna's baby shower - it's been implied that allowing yourself to be on TV is sort of a necessary evil if you want to participate in her life, but they, in particular, don't want it.

Lainey.digestioninform... (05/13/11 17:55:37)

I have a FB account, but I still can't see them. Would you mind linking directly to those pics? That's how I could see the others.

PBrooke (05/13/11 17:57:41)

Lainey.digestioninform... (05/13/11 17:59:52)

Thank you! I was able to see that one this time. Wow! Yay, one of them escaped! Now I hope she influences a Duggar girl (or two...or three...etc.) over to the "dark" side!!!

moreorlessnu (05/13/11 18:40:11)

Do you think she intentionally mis-spelled "Homeshooled" on her profile?

jessica (05/13/11 18:49:26)

Probably a typo since she has "no commit" about the experience.

Feberin (05/13/11 20:02:35)

Are all the kids' names listed? I looked at the pictures and didn't see it. I'm curious because Apgate (or whatever) is REALLY unusual so I'm guessing they are all unusual since you would have Apgate and Emily.

Tartar16 (05/13/11 20:13:56)

After looking at all the other people with the last name Keller, who seem to be cousins or something, it seems as if Susanna's parents and their children are the only fundies in her family and the rest seem to be Christian, but mainstream. One, Cameron, has a huge tattoo, and even likes (gasp!) the hip-hop music!

marmalade (05/13/11 20:47:43)

Suze is living with Rebekah and her husband in the Houston area. Also, her culinary school (listed under her education as recently as yesterday) is located in the Bahamas. Google it.

FWIW, the Thanksgiving that Daniel was not invited to was held at Smuggar and Anna's place (and the family got airtime). Soooo.....have S & A also shunned Daniel or did they cave in to Pa Keller's likely threat of "If he comes, I won't!!! OBEY YOUR FATHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111" Or did S&A make the call because he was a "bad example" for the Duggar ministry? Suze hadn't gone balls to the wall jeans, short-shorts, and tank top crazy at that point (probably wasn't dating the tatted cage fighter either).

I'm sure she's now an embarrassment to her parents and probably Priscilla (who is still Gothard) and Esther (whose husband apparently chose Dougie over Billyboy).

Squirrely (05/13/11 20:51:54)

Seeing Suze leading a normal life for a young woman of that age makes me ridiculously happy. Here's to hoping Jinger and Jessa follow her lead!

ETA - I was one of the TWoPers who posted about Rebekah's FB profile before her husband found out and they locked it up. He was pretty decent about it, and I felt badly enough to remove anything I'd reported (which I believe was just excitement to see them at the beach dressed modestly but not in the ridiculous way that calls more attention as the Duggars and other fundies do, and to comment at how adorable their girls are).

I felt badly for him and the entire Keller clan after reading his description of how Sean (main producer for 19K) threatened to kick them out of the wedding party entirely if they refused to sign the releases and Josh and Anna did nothing about it. He originally came in to defend the Kellers, esp Papa Keller's nonsensical wine = grape juice spiel (which, I'm sorry, I just can't get on board with that one, even if was taken totally out of context.)

Last Edited By: Squirrely 05/13/11 21:01:34. Edited 1 times.

Eponine (05/13/11 21:07:04)

There are pics of Susanna from that album (with some of the Duggar girls) wearing calf-length cheetah leggings under a long top - it seems to me like she was already dressing like she is now at that point. Maybe she toned it down while visiting but that doesn't seem recent. Maybe she eased out of it?

donks.fhotd64476 (05/13/11 21:19:42)

I'm new, can I get a link to the expose? please???

marmalade x(05/13/11 21:38:39)

I don't know if that post could be located. The thread is VERY long. All I recall is that he posted it some months after the wedding...maybe January '09? I am registered at TWOP (just posted the link to this thread, in fact), but my searching skills are zippo. I can give it a try and report back.

I now vaguely recall some long top/leggings outfit on Suze with the Duggar girls. Anna might put up with it as long as it's not being filmed, but when she was on film, she was properly covered up. As I said before, this all appears to be before the jeans, tanks, short-shorts and boyfriend which are all recent developments (ie. since the beginning of the year), so she might have still been within bounds at Thanksgiving, but not now. My best assessment of the situation, YMMV.

pomology (05/13/11 21:50:24)

Yeah, I'm fascinated by the Keller family. I actually found all this out through facebook stalking when I was bored months ago, but I think that was before I was an active enough poster here to feel comfortable posting it.

I feel so bad for Daniel. The things he writes on facebook break my heart. I think he's proof that this fundie shit is just as damaging to men as it is to women.

And I'm impressed with Suze, living the life she wants to live while so many of her siblings are still trapped in fundiedom. I kinda wish Suze would visit FJ and give us her perspective, but I kinda feel that even though she might totally disagree with her family she would be vehemently protective of them. Although I'd be interested in Daniel's perspective, too, and I just don't see him being remotely protective of his parents.

The saddest thing to me about the Keller family facebooks are how all the siblings are always writing about how much they miss each other. I know a lot of siblings living in different places that miss each other, but in the Kellers' case (and I only base this on what I know from FJ about Daniel being disowned) strikes me as a lot more tragic than normal.

jessica (05/13/11 21:51:46)

PBrooke (05/13/11 21:53:25)

Ah, that's right, I forgot DWOP copied that over. It was originally posted at TWOP.

marmalade (05/13/11 22:17:35)

Thanks! My search at TWOP came up dry. Whatever Nazi mod was running the place at the time likely deleted his post and every other post (except a few tangentially related ones) regarding TLC's intervention into the Keller family's privacy.

Re-reading that post brought back the indignant anger I had at TLC that ALMOST made my sympathetic for Pa Keller! It also confirmed my time-frame for the post was right on, although I searched SEAN Overbeeke and the BIL spelled it "Shawn" in his post. That would explain why I didn't get a hit on TWOP.

Last Edited By: marmalade 05/13/11 22:22:27. Edited 1 times.

donks.fhotd64476 (05/14/11 08:22:22)

Very interesting read, TY for the link!

boogalou (05/14/11 09:23:05)

Here is the link to the kids' names: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id= ... =1&theater A couple are normal, a couple are not.

I think that other non-facebook (can't remember what it was) for Suze is preety fishy. "No commit" about being homeschooled seems very weird. Also, she says she was born in '92 which puts her at 18 or 19, yet she also says she has graduated "culinary school" which seems wuite young, unless she graduates homeshcool super early.

luv2laugh (05/14/11 09:51:17)

Actually that was Esther's husband, John who lives in Oregon that wrote that comment about missing the old Suze. Susanna is living in Texas with Rebekah and her husband (the husband that wrote about Josh and Anna's wedding details on another site stating that they don't communicate with the Duggars and are against ATI but that they still love Anna and support her.)

Last Edited By: luv2laugh 05/14/11 09:53:20. Edited 1 times.

debrand (05/14/11 09:58:18)

Am I the only one who finds it a little weird that her BIL wants an adult woman to look similar to the way that she did as a child.

I think that a lot of fundie fashion is meant to hide a woman's mature body and make her look like a shapeless child.

luv2laugh (05/14/11 10:38:29)

Would it be advisable for someone to post these findings on other forums??? I am feeling bad for Susanna and Daniel being disowned. But then again, I don't know, I know this information isn't something that much of the public should know about it but I guess Susanna is leaving it out in the open and for the public....

Last Edited By: luv2laugh 05/14/11 11:04:52. Edited 1 times.

treemom(05/14/11 10:49:42)

During my marriage crisis I made the mistake of reading the book. I didn't want to discount anything I thought would help. It did help a little (for me in my head) but then it got all "you need Christ!" on me. As if somehow being a Christian gives one a magical love of their partner and a perfect marriage.

Tartar16 (05/14/11 11:48:45)

My sister did the same thing. I told her it was crap, but she told me I didn't understand because I'd never been married, etc. Of course, her husband was an abusive druggie, so yeah, I guess I don't understand why she'd still want to hang on to that...needless to say it didn't work.

Torontonian (05/14/11 12:09:26)

RE: FIREPROOF

My Christman & Easter Catholic friend LOVED that movie. That puzzled me, then it occured to me that he had growned up seeing his own parents very volatile/abusive marriage as well as a his grandparents and a few aunts/uncles. (He comes from a close-knit but very disfunctional family were the men seem to be overly macho and the women are melodramatic.) I think he liked the idea that any marriage can be fixed. Maybe I shouldn't have teased him as bad as I did.......

But it makes me wonder if a lot fo the other Fireproof fans have witnessed/ lived through volotile marriages as well

Koala (05/14/11 12:25:27)

You know, in some ways it might be a hidden "blessing" that they disowned them. It's very easy to let these people fool you with their soft voices and all of the "love of Jesus" bullshit they spew. Not to mention the natural bond she would feel because they are her parents. If she stuck around, there would probably be a better chance that they would guilt her back into doing what they want. This way she gets to see them for what they truly are. It has got to be hard, and my heart positively breaks for her, but I am so glad she has broken the grip her father has on his children....Now she gets to experience to sheer joy that comes from knowing that you are in charge of your own life.

PBrooke (05/14/11 12:31:23)

I wouldn't really advise spreading this all around other forums. For one thing, we don't KNOW that both of them are actually disowned. Children and parents disagree all the time, even over Big Issues, and then months or years later reconcile. Daniel appears to be taking it pretty hard (which is not surprising, considering he was raised to have his family as pretty much his sole support system) but he DOES appear to have friends, his wife, and his wife's family. And Suze seems just fine. If we stirred it into a big huge thing it might only bring more grief upon them and make it harder to rebuild any kind of relationship.

EDIT: And Suze didn't leave it all out in the open. Yes, we were able to see individual albums and pictures, but not everything. I think she just doesn't fully understand her privacy settings.

sableduck (05/14/11 12:45:13)

Here's the thing with Daniel and Rebekah and the other Keller siblings, except Anna--they didn't ask for any of this. They didn't throw themselves in with the Duggars and, unlike the Bates, haven't been jumping headlong in front of the cameras. I don't have much sympathy for the Duggars, Bates, bloggers that let it all hang out...but these people seem to actually value and want their privacy. Daniel Keller probably isn't aware and wouldn't want us discussing all of this on an internet public forum. He didn't ask to be born to crazy people, he didn't ask for his sister to marry into an attention-whoring family, all he seems to want is to be invited to Thanksgiving dinners and to have a private, close, normal family with his wife. Is it Rebekah's husband who wrote those things? He didn't ask for any of this; he fought hard to stay off of the television.

So I don't think this should be spread on any other forums or anything like that. These are people in a sad situation trying to live a normal life, and I think they deserve for us to respect that.

luv2laugh (05/14/11 13:25:08)

Yeah I definitely agree. They deserve their privacy regarding this situation. I do hope that Susanna and Daniel make their Facebooks more private though.

fundiefan (05/14/11 14:41:25)

I agree with Sableduck. The entire Keller family did not sign on for this exposure, drama, public involvement. Just because one of your relatives does something does not mean you are obliged to go along with it. Regardless of any of their beliefs or what their family story is, they are byproducts of the media machine that is the Duggars. That was Anna's choice (and, apparently her parent's choice to some extent, to approve the marriage knowing the lives of the Duggars). That doesn't mean any of the other family members have to go along and they all have their rights to privacy.

Yeah, it had to be considered when accepting the role of being part of the wedding - but how does anyone really do that? You love your family and want to be part of their lives - and they want you to be there too - but there is this added element of the media and public image of the family your relative is marrying into?

I wouldn't want it. I'd do all in my power to stay out of it. All in power, that is, beyond hurting the person I loved who chose it. How could any of them be part of Anna's wedding - because for them, it WAS Anna's wedding - without being part of something you want nothing to do with? (Josh's wedding; a DUGGAR wedding, on television?)

Now, so many of the Keller's are 'public property' whether it is what they choose or not. Simply by being related to someone who married in the public eye. That sucks.

I have no moral argument, just...emotional. I just really think that it has to freaking suck! If you participate in the life of your sister, who is now among a 'reality tv' crowd, YOU can't say and do what you want because horror of horrors you might give away a story line that has yet to air. It's your life and you cannot 'share' it with anyone online (and let's face it, with social networking, everything is shared online) because you have to wait for the big show.

I hope Susanna makes of her life what works for HER. Not the media, not her parents or anyone else; in a way I do hope she leave the crazy fundamentalist constraints and it looks as though that is what she's doing; I'll be a cheerleader - from afar. But in the end....I also hope I do not know about what her choices are. She is not Anna, and she is not even her brother-in-law that 'went public' (although I give him great kudos for doing that). The only one who signed up for the public involvement is Anna. Her life, her choice. Not any of her siblings or other family members.

tehgoobster (05/14/11 14:55:21)

I agree.

Tartar16 (05/14/11 14:58:19)

To be fair, in order for anyone to be on TV, there are all kinds of waivers that must be signed, and anyone in the Keller family could refuse to do so (even the BIL, he still could have refused, but it sounds like he would have suffered the wrath of the rest of the family, and maybe did so to preserve the peace?) Secondly, they only film the Duggars about two-three days a week, and knowing this, the family could schedule their visits around the filming schedule if they didn't want to be a part of it. In all honesty, I'd have to say that they enjoy being on TV, or at least their idea of it, even if it did not turn out to be the reality. Just as the Duggars control what you don't see, the Kellers could be the same way, and to some extent are. You'll notice that any mention of shunning their son or Susanna's leaving the fold has only been made mention of online--not on the show. It's clear that they don't want to talk about it, and so are not, for whatever their own private reasons may be. They are not on the show as much as they were initially, which suggests to me that they don't like the way they are portrayed, and so maybe have declined to be in further episodes. But yeah, if they didn't want to be on some level, I'm sure they wouldn't. And no one is forcing them to have facebooks, either.

I'm not saying that their dirty laundry should be aired anywhere else.

PBrooke (05/14/11 15:12:06)

Now see, I felt like I just said what Sableduck said, but looking back I suppose I took a more pragmatic approach. At any rate, yes - I am obviously intrigued to see a fundie girl that was brought to my attention leading a more normal life, and was excited to share that... but yes, unlike the Duggars or even the Mortons, we never would have known about the Kellers if it weren't for the show. Unlike the Bateses, the Kellers haven't fired up a blog and invited everyone in.

That doesn't mean I'm not interested in every scrap of info I come across; it just means I wouldn't be spreading it far and wide across the various forums and sites.

fundiefan (05/14/11 15:18:55)

Could they really not have filmed around the schedule for Thanksgiving? For the birth of Anna's daughter? In order to be with your loved family member - to be people - you have to subject yourself to public scrutiny? Yeah, some will do it but I'd bet they do it to be part of their family and not for all that comes with it.

I'd be pissed, bitter and angry if being with my sister for a holiday could only happen if I opened myself up to public scrutiny and I had to sign a waiver. I'd do it to be with her, but I would do it without having weighed the options. I have nieces; I love my sister. If I had to sign a waiver to watch my nieces in their dance recital, I'd do it. It would, however, be done begrudgingly. Not by choice, but by the option of not seeing them dance versus exposing myself.

Susanna spends time with her sister, and complies to the image; her skirts - even with the leggings - shows that. She is far more willing than I am. To be with people she loves & cares about she has to play a role. She may have accepted it, but she hasn't chosen it.

Koala (05/14/11 15:21:56)

I agree. Papa Keller seemed to be hamming it up pretty big with that camera. Great way to get a captive audience while you prattle on about wine being grape juice and "tranfer of authority"....who could look away????

sableduck (05/14/11 15:22:26)

If it was my sister, would I refuse to be in the wedding? No. I would be ROYALLY PISSED OFF that the TV show wasn't allowing me to have a blurred face and not use my real name, but it's my sister, and honestly I would have let it go in order not to ruin her day.

I think the Kellers HAVE scheduled visits and backed away from the show as much as possible. We really don't see them, and yet it does appear that they see Josh and Anna fairly frequently. Who knows, perhaps they have requested that the film crew stay away when Josh and Anna came and visited, and there were no cameras at Thanksgiving, though I'm sure TLC would have loved that. Honestly, I suspect the Kellers agreed to the wedding show because (a) they were somewhat naive about the whole thing and (b) were probably pressured by TLC, considering it was a Very Special Episode. Other than that, I suspect they try to limit screen time as much as possible.

kb (05/14/11 15:30:04)

Honestly, the "F that I wasn't invited" comment struck me as a joke without having read this whole thread. And it looks like the next commenter took it as a joke, even thought they have the last name of "Keller." Or maybe my passive-aggressive radar is broken.

pomology (05/14/11 15:37:45)

I think the next poster is his wife and that she didn't take it as a joke, she just responded int most lighthearted way she could given then circumstances. I might be way off here, though.

ETA:

Also, I can't imagine somebody who grew up in a fundie Gothard household would use the f-word so flippantly, which I think it's dead serious anger.

Yeah, I also feel bad when I internet-stalk the Kellers because they didn't ask for this, but I feel like as long as I keep my findings to myself (and mostly just give a sigh of relief that I wasn't raised in a family like theirs) I'm not hurting them.

Last Edited By: pomology 05/14/11 15:41:43. Edited 1 times.

Tartar16 (05/14/11 15:54:26)

I don't know, whenever I hear someone say that "I had to participate" in a reality TV show, I always think of Amy Osbourne, the oldest daughter of Ozzy and Sharon. She wanted no part in their reality show, or any subsequent endeavors, and somehow she managed to make that work. I mean, who even knew she exists? I'd never heard of her until I saw their biography and Sharon mentioned that they still loved her and she was very much a part of their lives, but they also respected her wishes not to be a part of the filmed aspect of it.

PBrooke (05/14/11 16:02:51)

True, but even with the troubles that family has had, I'd say the Osbournes raised children who are far more independent, assertive, world-savvy, and with greater self-esteem than the average fundie family.

fundiefan (05/14/11 16:11:10)

Amy Osborne grew up in a world that involved the public. She knew what her options and choices were. She chose her path and stuck to it. The Keller's were plucked out of their own reality because their daughter was the choice of a public person. I do not lessen their choice; we all get to choose who we marry. There may well have been some star-gazing at the start - when they had no experience to judge otherwise. If you don't watch or pay attention to 'reality tv', can you really have a clue? They met in their world, courted in their world, then married in their world. Josh's world is not and has not ever been Anna's world; nor the world of her family.

ANNA chose to marry Josh and become a Duggar, knowing full well all that came with it.

There is nothing that means her siblings have to be part of her choice. Many obviously choose to be part of it - but I think it's clear they choose it in order to be part of their sister's life and NOT to be media figures. Her parents are kind of a conundrum to me - but her siblings? From what I've seen, they all make it perfectly clear that this is not their choice, their life or their obligation; they do what they have to do in order to be part of Anna's life.

sableduck (05/14/11 16:15:54)

Amy Osborne, IIRC, actually moved in with a friend during the filming. The filming crew wasn't filming around her; she refused to be around her family when they were filming. And I can't blame her a bit, quite honestly.

You also have to remember that we're talking about people with no television here. I know lots and lots of Quiverfull/ATI families that have never seen the Duggars TV show. They've read the book and maybe seen the VF material on the Duggars, but they are absolutely clueless what a reality type show entails. I've asked a few about it and they seem to believe it's along the lines of a National Geographic documentary. Seriously.

Tartar16 (05/14/11 16:22:37)

See, the problem I have with that line of thinking is that the Kellers "prayed about" Josh and they say that the lord told them yes. Fine. But you think the lord would have prepared them for what it meant to be "public figures." I really don't think Anna knew exactly what being on TV entailed when she first married Josh--I don't think anyone can until you've actually been through it. I do think that she has adapted to it (compare how she was when they first interviewed her and now). Not to mention that the Kellers and Duggars believe in that whole "transferring authority" bullshit and if Josh said he didn't want Anna to see her family at all period, she wouldn't. The fact that Priscilla is in the show more and more leads me to think that she's not necessarily doing it to be with her sister, as she's always over at the Duggars when Anna isn't. I also don't think she's doing it to be on TV necessarily.

Like a lot of people, I don't think the Kellers were fully prepared for what it means to be in the spot light, but they can just as easily remove themselves if they wished. I don't think that Anna or Josh for that matter is making the stipulation that they have to be on camera in order to be a part of her life.

fundiefan (05/14/11 16:41:56)

They were not fully prepared because they choose not to be. They choose to live in their ideal world. That, however, does not mean that they can't be surprised or have the unexpected. I agree that that Anna and her parents made the choice; but I don't think for a second they fully understood their choice or its impact on the rest of the family.

Their thing to deal with. And, a very visible, tangible example that praying on something does nothing.

They SHOULD have known; most of us would have. They didn't because of the way they choose to live.

I don't sympathize - at least not with Anna or the parents. But, the siblings had ZERO choice in the prayers or goals of their parents; they had zero clue since they were never exposed and were 'protected'.

In most cases, it would be Anna's responsibility and hers alone. In this fundie case, it is Anna's and her parent's responsibility.

The siblings, however, had zero input and zero choice.

Tartar16 (05/14/11 18:14:33)

See, I just don't think this is the case with them. All of Anna's siblings that have been featured on the show are over the age of 18, but she has two younger brothers that have never been seen on the show. This is because minors cannot consent to being filmed--they have to have the ok of their parents. However, a parent cannot vouch for a child who is over the age of 18, and the person themselves must consent to being on camera, or not. I don't know if the parents are forcing this choice on the older ones, but I do seem them making the choice for the younger ones.

fundiefan (05/14/11 19:03:08)

The adult siblings are making a choice to be in the life of their sister. Good, bad and ugly. Yep, they are making the choice to be on tv if / when it comes down to that. They did not, however, make the choice to be in that position in the first place. Their choices are the results of the choices and actions of others.

What other adults choose is not up to us. After the fact, we can choose how to react/respond. I don't agree with a good 75% of my sister's life, but I still choose to comply to her choices in order to be part of her life and the lives of my nieces. I comply in her presence and as far is it applies to a situation at a time and her life, not beyond, but I do it anyway. I had no say in the choices she made for her life. Yes, I could choose not to do what works for her - but I would ultimately hurt myself by not being with her or my nieces.

The entire family was not consulted when deciding if Anna could/would marry Josh. I doubt every member was involved in the decision making process. Some siblings were already married and gone by then. Yet...to be part of their sister's life, they are faced with options, considerations and decisions they never imagined or chose.

Rock. Hard Place.

bananacat (05/14/11 21:48:34)

I doubt that Anna Duggar had much of a say in those whole thing either. Smuggar told his dad first, then Anna's dad, and then finally Anna, in front of cameras. In her world, what choice did she have but to agree? First of all, her father had already decided that Smuggar was right for her, and second, could Anna really turn down any chance at marriage? It's not like she could initiate any relationships, so she basically had to take the the first opportunity that came across, or risk living with her parents forever. Women have no choice in the Patriarchy, and although she would technically have veto power, it is essentially a forced arranged marriage.

I think the vast majority of the blame for their publicity falls on Anna's father. He thought he hit the jackpot when Duggar showed some interest in buying his daughter, and none of the siblings, including Anna, had much choice in the matter. Mr. Keller is exploiting his children in the same way that Jim Bob and Michelle are exploiting theirs.

marmalade (05/14/11 23:27:57)

Susanna was not 18 when Smuggar and Anna got married. But apparently she wanted to be on TV badly enough that her parents signed a waiver for her (remember the Smuggar/Anna pillowcase in the trailer?) when she was still underage. I know the brothers are young teens or thereabouts, but interestingly, the Kellers kept them protected. I guess there were enough Duggar sons (sans Jackson, who was, as I recall, the ringbearer) to fill in as groomsmen, along with Rebekah's husband, whose name escapes me so as to spare the Keller sons.

I just find that odd since girls are usually given the major short shrift in fundie/ATI-Land, while the boys get carte blanche. It's an interesting dynamic when you think about it.

xDreamerx (05/15/11 06:17:51)

A bit OT but it was mentioned that the Keller's are against ATI. I wondered, do we know in what ways their beliefs differ from that of the Duggars? I know in Fundieland it's like splitting hairs but I'm curious just the same. If they do have differing beliefs or perspectives that would lend itself more to the the idea that Mr. Keller was interested in the cash cow that is the Duggars.

Sophie (05/15/11 06:53:30)

they met in Big Sandy didn't they? I think there's a difference between the brother and the parents...

deelaem (05/15/11 07:19:14)

Awesome analysis, bananacat. I concur most heartily.

debrand (05/15/11 08:10:06)

It was his wife and if the posters on this board are correct, her independence is one of the reasons that the Keller parents have shunned their son. I can't imagine that she has happy feelings toward her in laws.

ophelia (05/15/11 09:00:08)

I was really suprised when I saw Suzanna in these super-short shorts, because although she left her family and moved to Texas, she still lives at her sister Rebekah's house and she and her husband seem to be really conservative and maybe even fundie-lite, too. I remember reading somewhere that they left QF but that Rebekah still only wears dresses and skirts and so Suzanna's shorts might "defraud" her or anything....

The other thing I would like to know is whether Daniel's wife also comes from a fundie family and what they think about their lifestyle. In an older thread somebody wrote that they had a really strict courtship without giving each other handjobs all the time like Josh and Anna did...

PBrooke (05/15/11 09:08:13)

We don't know that Rebekah is skirts-only. I think that's the conclusion some made because she happened to be wearing (trendy and knee-ish length) skirts in all the pictures people have seen where you can even tell. But she doesn't make her children go skirts-only, and let's face it, she's at least a few years older than the other Keller girls and maybe past the short-shorts stage. Even when Rebekah's husband posted on TWOP, that was years ago now. Who can say what's changed? I don't even HAVE any kids, and I'm probably younger than Rebekah, but I am not in shape for short-shorts mode; doesn't mean I'd begrudge a fit teenager having her day in them, just like I did when I was a teen.

EDIT: Also, they're from Texas. I've grown up in other parts of the South, and let me tell you, shorter and lighter clothing is much more the everyday norm than where I live now. If those people were going to be defrauded by some jean shorts they're in the wrong state.

Last Edited By: PBrooke 05/15/11 09:10:32. Edited 1 times.

ophelia (05/15/11 09:11:59)

Iam in a short-short shape neither..

but my first thought or impression was "this might go too far". but of course you are right, most of the things we can only suggest... and maybe rebekah really freed her mind from all the bullshit she was trained to think in her younger years. would be great for her and her daughters... and also for suzanna as a role model for another lifestyle.

Feberin (05/15/11 12:00:30)

Were they on the show for Thanksgiving? I don't remember that but I do remember a visit at Christmastime being filmed. However if focused on some Smugger flying stuff and while Anna's family was shown there wasn't a ton of footage of them. I agree the Keller children (including Anna) had no choice. Probably Mrs. Keller didn't have much of a choice either.

tehgoobster (05/15/11 13:33:23)

I don't remember ever reading that the Kellers are against IBLP. Someone said they wouldn't necessarily call themselves followers, though, because that would entail that they agree with everything IBLP teaches, which isn't always the case. They definitely seem to be pro-IBLP, though. They go to Big Sandy, and Priscilla, Anna's sister, works for IBLP.

roddma1 (05/15/11 17:30:28)

I would say I can see Jinger in her place in a couple of years but now there's perhaps more pressure to stay sweet and be a keeper at home. I can imagine Jim Bob and Michelle having talks with their girls about Susannah. The Duggars are in the public eye and one of them leaving the fold may raise eyebrows. It would sure ruin their squeaky clean happy go lucky image. I do agree about the family's privacy. Susannha was thrust into it becuase her sister married someone on reality tv. I was under the impression too the Kellers were much nicer.

VVV (05/15/11 20:26:48)

Susanna was not 18 when Smuggar and Anna got married. But apparently she wanted to be on TV badly enough that her parents signed a waiver for her (remember the Smuggar/Anna pillowcase in the trailer?) when she was still underage.

Or maybe she just wanted to be in her sister's wedding badly enough.

ophelia (05/16/11 02:25:08) '

I don't think that Papa Keller is against IBLP but there are things that he doesn't follow like homechurching. In the other thread about the Kellers that we had several month ago somebody also named other things that the Kellers don't follow.

Hopewell (05/16/11 12:37:42)

I don't think that Papa Keller is against IBLP but there are things that he doesn't follow like homechurching. In the other thread about the Kellers that we had several month ago somebody also named other things that the Kellers don't follow.

They have to follow it to some degree--Anna met Josh at Big Sandy and the family has been shown at the annual conference. They are 'in the mission field" and so don't do home church as their income comes from the Churches that sponsor their mission. I feel their occasional involvement with the Duggars is a)to support Anna, b) to save for their retirement! I doubt they have much put away!!

Interesting about Daniel--it seems one brother was in mission work at a group home or something. I'm not at all surprised that some of the kids have left the fold. Even in very liberal families, there's usually someone who doesn't agree with the "family line" and leaves. I would love to hear the "whole story" on Suze and the brother though!! That picture with the tv shot of Josh/Anna??

formerGothardite (05/16/11 12:44:21)

I don't remember homechurching being big in IBLP, at least during the early to mid-90's. That might have changed now, but when I was at EXCEL they took us to a huge church in Dallas every Sunday and there were very few people there who homechurched.

ophelia (05/16/11 12:46:14)

@ hopewell: you can see the tv shot picture on susannas fb page. it was her profile pic until yesterday. her profile pics are public so you can see it!

Hopewell (05/16/11 13:31:52)

ophelia--thanks, I saw it I just meant "what does she mean by this picture?"

sableduck (05/16/11 14:27:51)

Homechurching is really more of a VF/family integrated church thing, not a Gothardite thing.

Hopewell (05/16/11 15:32:47)

Homechurching is really more of a VF/family integrated church thing, not a Gothardite thing.

True--Gothard initially marketed his programs thru Churches and still draws most people thru Churches. Homeschool, however, has boosted home churching. I think it's interesting that the Bates can get up, get dressed and get to traditional Church on time while the Duggars can't!

toomuchnonsense (05/17/11 12:09:56)

Oh my! I have arrived in Snark-dom Heaven! I had no clue so many snarkfests regarding these families/fundie followers existed!

I have a morbid goose-necking fascination with the Duggar's and their beliefs, it's fascinating to read all of your posts, my mind is swimming with information and trying to unravel some things that I'm not sure what is being referred to or discussed.

Awesome board, awesome peeps!

SnarkyJan (05/17/11 12:15:41)

Welcome, and may the snark be with you!

\

ophelia (05/17/11 12:18:42)

Hey, welcome!!! It's normal to feel overwhelmed at first.. there are just too many of them out there

toomuchnonsense (05/17/11 13:18:56)

LOL @ "May the snark be with you"

And ty, Ophelia!

lilwriter85 (05/17/11 14:20:36)

I noticed the same thing with a friend of mine who is a firefighter and his wife also liked Fireproof on Facebook.

lilwriter85 (05/17/11 14:31:13)

I'm glad Susanna and Daniel are no longer putting up with BS of the Keller family.

lilwriter85 (05/17/11 14:34:07)

I have also felt the same thing about the Kellers' involvement with the Duggars. Papa Keller probably loves using the Duggars for promotion for his prison ministry and other things they are involved in.

hermione75 (05/17/11 17:45:51)

Well I suggest we take up a "Love Offering" and send he and his wife to the next big family get together.

luv2laugh (05/18/11 14:20:30)

The purpose of the show is to minister to the public and get them to know God.

holly (05/18/11 15:18:09)

Bwhaaahahahahahah. So watching the show about birds sitting on Jim Boob's head was supposed to get me to know God? Riiiiiiight.

Stacie (05/18/11 16:44:24)

Okay, I have to weigh in on that one....since I'm Greek, and it's a Greek name. I've got a friend named that...it's actually a pretty name when pronouced with a Greek accent, but can sound a little funky when said in "American"...lol. Sounds more like a guppy then. But odd choice, yes, for these folks.

Benediction (05/18/11 19:46:30)

I'm the original poster that brought up the Keller shunning deal. At the time, I was really, really upset about it because I'm friends with the currently "shunned" Keller children. Several posters on here were fawning over how sweet the Keller parents seemed to be and I wanted to make sure that you knew the truth.

To answer the question of an above poster: No, Candace was not raised in a fundie home. She had a very rough life, but was taken in by a fundie ministry and lived there for quite sometime before meeting Daniel. Daniel actually met her on a missions trip there.

mstee (05/18/11 20:17:14)

Benediction, how are the Keller parents handling how Suze is living her life now?

tehgoobster (05/18/11 20:18:07)

The more I hear about Daniel and Candace, the more I like them and hope that things work out well for them in life. It's so sad that they have to go through this. Do you think the Kellers will ever come around?

luv2laugh (05/18/11 20:25:23)

Benediction, thank you for taking your time to post on here, it really means a lot and clears some things up! But, if the Kellers are so 'uptight' then why did they allow Candace (who wasn't 'in the fold') and Daniel to court anyway? I definitely believe you that she had a rough life and that the Kellers are strict but I'm just shocked that a fundie family would allow their son to court someone who wasn't the same as them. You know what I'm saying?

tabitha2 (05/18/11 20:25:59)

Mama Keller may, at least inside-Mothers are always mothers after all-but since her husband is in control not much she can do without going over head and behind his back.And she isn't that much of an acrobat I think, KWIM. But still waters run deep they say.

crkeller01 (05/18/11 23:29:18)

yup that would be my husband ..

crkeller01 (05/18/11 23:33:07)

We did move THANK GOD!!

crkeller01(05/18/11 23:44:11)

Hey I like that idea!!! haha.. I can send you my address too !! lol

crkeller01 (05/18/11 23:50:19)

This is soo crazy!! i didnt know ppl cared about what happened in our life!?! haha very interesting ntl

Lillybee (05/19/11 00:02:43)

For some reason, we can about those who have left Gothardville. Best wishes to you and your husband.

luckylibrarian (05/19/11 00:04:06)

Candace, thanks for posting. I hope that you and Daniel have a long and happy marriage. I know how painful it can be to be disowned, and I hope that you all manage to find some peace.

ETA: BTW, how did you find this thread?

tehgoobster (05/19/11 00:19:15)

Hi, Candace. I just want to say that I think you and Daniel seem like pretty nice people, and I feel bad that you guys have to go through that. I wish you the best!

pomology (05/19/11 08:35:09)

Agreed. You seem like sweet people and you are completely awesome for thinking for yourselves. I'm sorry your in-laws are so distant from you. I sincerely hope that things improve for you guys.

Hopewell (05/19/11 08:43:13)

Personally, I want to take up a collection to get Mrs. Keller new glasses and a hair cut. Good grief those glasses are older than most of her kids....

Lainey.digestioninform... (05/19/11 08:54:22)

Pfffffffffffffffft! My mom disowns me at least once a year. I keep hoping that someday it'll stick...

Lissar (05/19/11 10:40:11)

Luckylibrarian - It does suck to be disowned. My mother has nothing to do with me, except for spreading lies to her church friends about how horrible I am. On the other hand, I don't miss having that bullshit in my life. Trade offs, I guess.

Hopewell (05/19/11 10:46:56)

My brother/sil won't even acknowledge us in public.........their loss............... it's so stupid. Just accept the difference and go on.

PBrooke (05/19/11 10:49:19)

Hey there Candace! I know it can be kind of creepy reading about yourself like this, but we're rooting for you guys.

luv2laugh (05/19/11 16:09:56)

Hi Candice! Thanks so so much for posting! I do have a couple questions just because I was wondering about the situation since it is a lot like my friend and her husband's family. I am praying for you guys during this difficult time .

Last Edited By: luv2laugh 05/21/11 22:56:06. Edited 2 times.

sableduck (05/19/11 17:52:16)

I'm not going to ask any questions. I think Daniel and Candace deserve every good thing that happens to them, including privacy if they so want.

I actually care about them.

And I pray for them and the whole family.

And I hope that Daniel can pick up and move on, because from what little I've seen, they seem like great people.

p.s. I am routinely accused by the fundie members of my husband's family and his old fundie friends of dragging him away. No, he quit going to church because he got too busy with work and, frankly, says he was burned out by attending 3x a week. He's a grown man and he makes his own decisions, but I suspect Candace is accused of things she has nothing to do with. I'm so sorry if that is true. If you want to talk to someone who deals with it a lot, PM me. I'm a good listener.

Also, suddenly after 2 years of marriage his fundie relatives who have wanted nothing to do with us are arriving at my son's birthday party on Sunday. It should be interesting.

reema1004 (05/21/11 11:36:21)

We may never know the real reasons behind the shunning of Daniel and Susanna's move to Texas. I think this could be an outlet for them to let us in a little bit that their lives are not peachy as many want you to believe. There's going to be issues, there's going to be problems, and there's going to be people questioning the beliefs they have grown up with. I'm glad some of the Kellers are breaking away. You don't have to follow a strict belief to be a good Christian and I'm so happy that some have seen that.

Now if only some of the older Duggars question their own beliefs. Just waiting for that day...I wonder how the parents would handle that with them being in the limelight. :-D

HakeberN (05/21/11 12:29:11)

I think she spells her name C-a-n-d-i-c-e, not C-a-n-d-a-c-e.

Nick James (06/12/11 00:04:01)

What is wrong with u people!!!!????

STOP WORRYING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES LIVES AND GET UR OWN. I AM EMBARRASSED FOR ALL U IDIOTS. WTF!!!??? I HAD NO CLUE THAT THIS ACTUALLY GOES ON.

"OMG, LIKE DID U HEAR THAT SHE SAID THIS AND SHE WORE THIS. OH, AND SHE'S DATING THIS GUY, AND I THINK THIS AND THEY MUST BE THAT" REAAAAAAAAAAALLLLYYYYY??????? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!! RETARDS!!!!!!!!!!!

Lissar (06/12/11 00:08:55)

Tony? Is that you?

Jencendiary (06/12/11 00:20:42)

Nick, let me break it down for you. When you court fame - whether it's on a national TV show or on the blogosphere - your extremist lifestyle is up for discussion. They put it out there. We're deconstructing it for context.

makepeace (06/12/11 00:35:59)

Lol! or should it be 'LOL YOU MADE ME LAUGHHHHHHH!!'

tehgoobster (06/12/11 00:49:27)

Dude, relax. No one here is making fun of her. This thread has been dead for a few weeks, so needless to say, your post was ... random. Are you the guy she's dating or something?

muffynbear (06/12/11 01:16:00)

Yet, you took time out of your precious day to read this thread and respond to it. God bless you child We'll all be praying for you >>> (Yeah right).

Last Edited By: muffynbear 06/12/11 02:23:13. Edited 1 times.

Archived