IGNORED

Why does Gothardism - and the Duggars -get a pass?

Sweetfellowshiphuh

The Duggars, like the Kardashians and those nimrods from Jersey Shore, have completely bought into the own fame and celebrity they have been trying to sell the public. Their psudo-celebrity has inflated their egos to dangerous proportions. It's become a drug, or worse, a god to them. They worship and feed off the attention it brings them.

I seem to be into posting articles today. Saw this on CNN, and it again, goes to the 'sacred cow' of religious freedom issue.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/02/2 ... ?hpt=hp_t3

Now, if the judge has just simply stated 'there wasn't enough evidence either way', then things would have probably been fine. But NOOO, he has to go play on the sacred cow of religious belief. While I would have personally found the guys costume distasteful and probably offensive, he had a perfect right to his freedom of self expression in wearing it without getting beat up on the streets. Come on people, when does ones religious exercise set them about the law?

Thanks to that paper Michelle was handing out to Wives a couple friends and I were able to show the scary behind the cute on the show. Many were shocked and didn't realize and thought it was just as it appeared. When they realize what they believe and what they promote off the TV is much different - shock. Even more so when you send them to blogs of members who have since left the faith\lifestyle.

People are in general afraid to seem like they are being racist or down on another religion. Stepping on egg shells, letting people get away with things they shouldn't is part of that.

Archived