IGNORED

Autumn and Joe are now "facebook official"

prairiemuffin

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

autumn-alittleprincess.blogspot.com/2012/02/i-have-boyfriend.html

I can't quite remember who she is. Did she marry young and divorce?

The video on nthat post looks like it was a lot of fun to make!

She is wearing jeans and listening to the Ting-Tings, she probably is not fundie anymore.

You know what? I really hope Joe is a good guy, because that girl has been through hell, and she deserves a happy ending. I wish them both the best.

THANK YOU for fixing that!

Sorry :oops:-what's the ok way to post links if you're not wanting to have them direct straight from the board? tia!

I followed Autumn's marriage tragedy back on the yuku site and this is the first time I've clicked on her new blog...wow, what a new woman!

anniec: Autumn was engaged at 15, married at 16. Very unfortunately, she was physically and emotionally abused. She told her parents, who took it to her church's elders. She finally divorced the son of a bitch and her parents let her move back home.

I can't help, for some reason, to think back to the David and Priscilla stilted weirdness video and compare it to the one on Autumn's page and I'm sad for Priscilla--I wonder if she's ever cut loose in her entire life.

You know what? I really hope Joe is a good guy, because that girl has been through hell, and she deserves a happy ending. I wish them both the best.

Seconded. Also he is a good looking fellow! Best wishes to them!

That video was adorable! It's so good to see Autumn looking so happy. I followed her story a while back, but hadn't read her blog for ages, and it seems like she's really done a 180. It looks like she's living for herself now, and it's wonderful to see a happy outcome for one of these (well it seems now formerly) fundy girls.

I, too, read Autumn a long time ago. It is so nice to see her happy and doing "normal" teenage girl things. It looks like things are going really well for her, and I am so glad to see that. She and Joe look like they have a lot of fun together.

Wearing jeans and dancing, though? What would the Duggars say? :dance: lol

That video is adorable!

Edited because I posted before I got to the FJ shoutout. Autumn is my new hero. That is one resilient young woman! With a pretty good sense of humor.

The video on nthat post looks like it was a lot of fun to make!

She is wearing jeans and listening to the Ting-Tings, she probably is not fundie anymore.

She wore pants way before the marriage of doom and they have always listened to pop music.

That video is adorable!

Edited because I posted before I got to the FJ shoutout. Autumn is my new hero. That is one resilient young woman! With a pretty good sense of humor.

Yes, seriously! She is my new hero too! She has brains. I love how down-to-earth she is.

Haha that new video was fun! There's definitely chemistry going on between those two turtle doves. :) I'm really glad for her. She is such a sweet, young woman who has been through a lot. She is not bitter and has refused to let her bad experiences define her. She has moved on and grown stronger. I could see her as a role-model for many young people.

I just watched the video with the FJ shoutout. It amused me. I will say this, although I think this family is still fundie lite in many ways and believes this I just don't understand I still continually feel pulled to like them. I want to overlook some of it.

At the end of the day I am happy that this isn't another no touching courtship situation which just put Autumn in a situation to be abused. I wish they would write about how courtship failed them, twice.

How would you interpret her post about crayons (February 16, 2012)? I think it could be about LGBT...? The main message in that post is that we should all learn to live together.

(I think Christians should be totally open to the LGBT-community. After all, the Bible's overall message is that God became man in Christ to show us his love and deliver us from evil. This commits Christians to (seek to) live out God's love in our relationship with our fellow man, as the double commandment of love (Luke 10:27) commands us. If you examine the Bible from that point to see what it says about homosexual love, you will understand that love is love. Homosexual love is a reflection of God's love as much as heterosexual love is.)

How would you interpret her post about crayons (February 16, 2012)? I think it could be about LGBT...? The main message in that post is that we should all learn to live together.

(I think Christians should be totally open to the LGBT-community. After all, the Bible's overall message is that God became man in Christ to show us his love and deliver us from evil. This commits Christians to (seek to) live out God's love in our relationship with our fellow man, as the double commandment of love (Luke 10:27) commands us. If you examine the Bible from that point to see what it says about homosexual love, you will understand that love is love. Homosexual love is a reflection of God's love as much as heterosexual love is.)

I think they have a love the sinner, hate the sinner approach. Don't forget she posted the 180 by Ray Comfort the Jew just a few months ago.

I think they have a love the sinner, hate the sinner approach. Don't forget she posted the 180 by Ray Comfort the Jew just a few months ago.

True that. I would like to think that Autumn is smart and independent enough to make her own interpretation of the Bible though. The "love the sinner, hate the sin"-approach is so deceptive. The priest in our neighborhood is transsexual. He doesn't see his sexual orientation as a sin, although he used to see it that way (even though he knew in his heart that he couldn't change that part about him): "I have been ashamed my whole life, for 57 years. I confessed my sin to God, prayed that God would create in me a clean heart. I thought you shouldn't think or feel the way I did. Jesus has helped me during my difficult times. I dared not to believe that the words we are all loved was also intended for someone like me." Throughout the years he came to the following conclusion: "I have realized that everyone has a place in the church, just as they are. I am not a behavior but a human being. I have decided to accept that I am who I am, and therefore it would be an absurdity to live in the greatest secrecy. It would be inconsistent to my promises as a priest to hide who I am. I can't live a double life, how could I then be a priest? In lies and self-denial there is no freedom." and "If you live after your heart you can't expect to be favorably received by all. "

I love the fact that she said she has a boyfriend - not that she's courting! FJ shout out was v. cute - hi, Autumn! And greetings to the two sad people on either end of the happy couple lol.

Archived