IGNORED

What Tough Questions Should Anderson Cooper Ask The Duggars?

debrand

I would also like him to ask about the Pearls. Since he did really well with the Ungodly Discipline series, I'm hoping he continues with it.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Anderson, I know you're gay, but will you make out with me?"

Oops, these are questions for the Duggars, not mah boo.

All of you have pretty much asked questions I would want to ask the Duggars, great job. But I'd like to ask:

"If any of your children chose to live a different lifestyle, like use birth control to limit family size, would you be okay with that?"

"Not all Quiverfull families have the benefit of being on TLC and having the network subsidize building a gigantic house and showering them with freebies and paying for field trips and travel. In fact, a lot of them struggle financially. Do you really think this lifestyle is manageable for the average family?"

Sadly, I doubt Anderson would be able to ask any hard-hitting questions. I'm sure Jim Boob gets to look at the questions beforehand and eliminate any he refuses to answer.

This is answered in the specials about building their house. And on the first post of this page.

I would like to know if Michelle ever feels guilty for denying her daughters the fun of parties, passing notes, cheerleading (or any other organized sport), swimsuits, crushes...

I think maybe years ago Michelle felt guilty about that stuff, but now she is at the point where she enjoys that her daughters do the housework. childcare, and homeschooling. She probably doesn't even think about her daughters living the normal lives of a late teen or early 20 something.

Guest Anonymous

"What therapies are you giving Josie to bring her up to speed for her age?". I already know that the poor kid is fending for herself at this point. I'd like to hear them admit as much, then try to explain their way out of it.

If they already taped it then it was just Josh, Anna and the kids, no JimBob or Michelle. I doubt Anderson would ask the kids tough questions.

I would love some direct questions that JimBob can't worm out of. Like for Josie's care, it needs to be asked, "Since your 19th child Josie was born under 2.2lbs she qualified for free care under you state law. Did you accept this free care or did you pay 100% out of pocket? (I always hate how they ask JimBob did you pay for Josie's care and he says yes I paid the deductible, he never says he didn't take goverment funds. I have always believed he paid his out of pocket for stuff like the oxygen, shots, meds and it is his way of justifying that HE paid).

I understand your homeschool graduates attend online college. Could you tell us what each is majoring in and how many credits the each have?

I understand you use the buddy system, but at what age are your children allowed to go out by themselves?

How do you and your adult children plan for retirement since you are self employed (or unemployed)? This is another one that bothers me. For JimBob being all "debt free" is he giving his children 18-22 information on retirement planning. I know not everyone can afford to start at 18 but if you are living at home for free you should be able to save $2k a year and put it into an IRA. The years between 18-28 make you way more money then 28-65. If the show didnt come about, would Jimbob even get SS when he is 65 with rental property income?

Boob and Michelle were in NYC so it's possible they were in studio for the taping, with the brood back home.

No hard questions will be asked. Like most anyone with a publicist these days, AC certainly got his "off-limits" list of topics.

Boob and Michelle were in NYC so it's possible they were in studio for the taping, with the brood back home.

Not possible -- definite. Here's the description, from the show's site:

In a daytime exclusive, "19 Kids and Counting" stars Bob and Michelle Duggar join Anderson to discuss their supersized family, and the miscarriage Michelle suffered while carrying their 20th child. The Duggars are joined, via satellite, by their 19 children to talk about the challenges and rewards of having such a large family, and why they have chosen to share the pain of their loss on national television

Have your children's academic levels been assessed by a third party (such as the California Achievement Test or the Iowa Test of Basic Skills)? Are they at or exceeding grade level expectations?

I am not certain how to word this question. Is there ever a point where your all ready existing children's desire for a healthy mother outweighs your belief that god wants you endanger your life with constant childbearing?

Building on Debrand's question...

What would Michelle have done she came down with the life-threatening eclampsia during Josie's pregnancy, before she was viable at all, and it had turned into a have-an-abortion-to-save mom's life situation?

I don't know, I've been pretty disappointed in Anderson Cooper's daytime show lately. His ratings are low so he's caving in to pressure to do fluff pieces. He's had the Toddlers and Tiara bunch on twice now. He's also had a lot of celebrities on. I think his mission to have tough topics talked about on daytime is falling apart. He might deal with the Duggars in a tougher way in his evening show.

Not that they'd ever go on his show, seeing as how he's a gay man.

Have your children's academic levels been assessed by a third party (such as the California Achievement Test or the Iowa Test of Basic Skills)? Are they at or exceeding grade level expectations?

I almost spit out my drink when I read this. LOVE IT.

Is it too much to hope that he slipped in some pointed questions that don't quite look that way? "lol, Michelle, you are such a good mother! Tell me about the six boys without listing their birth order as their main character trait." "The playroom is cool! Hey, where do the four little girls sleep?"

1. Truthfully Michelle, what is the state of your uterus?

2. Why wont you tell your eldest son to grow up and stop being a douche?

3. Have any males expressed serious interest in your oldest daughters?

4. Have you considered letting Joy, be Joy instead of pushing a square peg into a round hole?

5. Have you tried using those industrial dishwashers lately and save a few trees from being turned into paper plates?

I saw a preview of it online, posted on the facebook page. Anderson asks Michelle and Jim Bob why they allowed the cameras to film the moment Michelle found out she miscarried.

Right now I would like to know why Jordyn isn't talking and why Jennie is still in diapers. My guess would be that this would be news to Michelle. Mother of the Year, my ass.

Jim Bob: If you saw your son's anti-Catholic and disabled racism on his instagram, what do you think of that? Especially since most of your family supports Santorum. Yes, I say most, because not everybody agrees with you and Michelle, and if they do they just want to please you to pay attention to them. Why do you want a theocracy? What do you think of Seperation of Church and State? Marriage is a contract, not a sacrament, so why shouldn't BGLT people be allowed to get married outside church laws? Is it because of the post 9/11 fear of Muslims? What do you think of non-Christians? Do you respect people who aren't Christian?

Michelle: You have said you're not quiverfull, but your family says otherwise. The girls always have to do chores, even the little ones, while the boys just get to play all day. Girls wear long skirts, and do their hair how daddy wants it, which is creepy. Why does daddy like his little girls hair to be curly like their moms?

Both parents: What if one of your kids came out BGLT, atheist, agnostic, or wanted join a different religion? If one of your boys or girls wanted to go to a public college or date somebody out of their race/religion, would you let them? Would you accept if they made friends that weren't their race/religion? Would you support them, or no? If you treasure your blessings, why do you have to set up appointments with them?

My bad. I thought the interview was today. After a long week, I was hoping it was friday. LOL I really don't want to hear Michelle and Jim Boob talk about the miscarriage, with Michelle's on-cue tears and their matching shirts.

I'd love to know how the Duggars view inter-racial marriage, adoption, spousal abuse (given Michelle's handout in a recent episode), SOTDRT and lack of education of the Duggar kids, and why Josh (since he was supposed to be a shining example of SOTDRT) doesn't know basic grammar (I had came, I had went, etc), manners (making Anna lug suitcases around along with the kids), or has much of a work ethic, and acts like a horny teenager in a grown man's body. I'm so tired of the soft questions asked of them in the past. I think the public is aware of the "holes" in their way of life and are ready for some real tough questions. I know I am.

Archived